can someone here smarter than me explain how

aubiefifty

some of the high school americans we have commited to us only generate three stars? it just does not add up to me.thanks

For the three years Coach Chizik has been at Auburn, some of our top tier recruits had their recruiting value dropped after committing to Auburn. Quite honestly the recruiting value does not mean a hill of beans to their ability to excel in college sports. This has been another way for ESPN and others to bastardize college sports.

Here, not hear.

i was in a hurry. next time you point out a mistake i made please type it in red so i will feel like i am back in high school. thanx.............

Huh?

Perhaps they're good but not that good. With the number of high school all-star games going and the limited number that players can participate the pool of all-stars is being diluted and the term all-star doesn't mean as much.  Perhaps, the recruiting services are off.  Also could be as more players are scouted, the previously ranked players don't look as good by comparison.  That's the problem with scouting players this young, they're still growing and becoming use to their bodies.  For some the lightbulb turns on faster for others but for others when it does turn on, it turns on brighter.

Here, not hear.

i was in a hurry. next time you point out a mistake i made please type it in red so i will feel like i am back in high school. thanx.............

Now that's funny.

My English teacher used blue pencil for copy writing corrections and would have told you to slow down and proofread.  We're all guilty of doing it though.  I trip over they're/their/there along with bare/bear and principle/principal.

My English teacher used blue pencil for copy writing corrections and would have told you to slow down andproofread.  We're all guilty of doing it though.  I trip over they're/their/there along with bare/bear and principle/principal.

Take you back to the good ol' days?

:tease:

I thought all of our recruits were high school americans.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Best proofreading thread ever!

Wow, I totally missed that until you pointed it out! Velvet Beavis, can you proofread my next book?  ;D

I thought all of our recruits were high school americans.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Best proofreading thread ever!

Wow, I totally missed that until you pointed it out! Velvet Beavis, can you proofread my next book?  ;D

Would love to.  I have been a proofreader for several scientific articles but never a book.

My English teacher used blue pencil for copy writing corrections and would have told you to slow down andproofread.  We're all guilty of doing it though.  I trip over they're/their/there along with bare/bear and principle/principal.

I was trying to blend in  :-[

I don't know...use your fingers?  There are only so many four and five stars and too many already, IMO... The difference between a four and a three star isn't very much and in some cases should be the other way around. It could be a lack of exposure or a kid not giving enough access to his recruitment, that has him ranked lower in some cases. 

some of the high school americans we have commited to us only generate three stars? it just does not add up to me.thanks

The people who give the stars are all against us and pro-uat, so much so that they will sacrifice their long term credibility (ultimately the quality of their ratings will be judged by the success on the field) for the short term satisfaction of pleasing the Bammers and making UAT look good while making us mad and AU look not as good as UAT.

Either that, or, they really truly think that is what a player should be rated based on their subjective evaluations.

The people who give the stars are all against us and pro-uat, so much so that they will sacrifice their long term credibility (ultimately the quality of their ratings will be judged by the success on the field) for the short term satisfaction of pleasing the Bammers and making UAT look good while making us mad and AU look not as good as UAT.

Either that, or, they really truly think that is what a player should be rated based on their subjective evaluations.

Or, they are working for a for-profit business that would like to maximize subscriptions.  After several years in the business they have realized that the more positive things they say about teams with large fanbases (Texas, Ohio State, UAT, Florida, etc...) the more money they make. 

The fact that the ratings are updated at differing times and at times a 4* will have a higher position ranking than a 5* will at times because they rank the postions at different times than the star ratings in some cases.

At best it is confusing and HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE and anyone who doesn't believe that people who depend on subscriptions for their income will not play to the majority of their subscribers, is seriously self-deluded.

Somehow it is rational to post the same thing, an irrational number of times as that which you are complaining about?

Uh, nooooooo. :laugh:

Here, not hear.

Just messing with you, but I 'll do what I can to put it in red.

Archived