Just for fun

Rednilla

It seems like Flex has a ton inormation. Everytime I get excited about something Flex shoots me down with info.

Flexbone,

Can you write up a list and help us keep our expectations down?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK for fun, but let's get serious.  I would like to challenge the "experts" to compile a list, particularly those who post exact terms such as "zero percent" or "lock" or "he won't come here, that's a fact".  Because, if they are that sure of who we won't get, they must be just as sure of who we will get.  Now, the answer cannot be;  "I can't do that, because things are so fluid", because if you can make an exact statement on the negative side, you can do the same on the positive side.  I won't drop names, but you know who you are.  So, c'mon guys, bring it!!  Let's have some realism here, rather than dreamin'!!  j/k, because I love the dreamers.

THANK YOU! :party::wareagle:

Don't expect Auburn to get both SD and CP at WR  nor both Bush and Darby at DB.

Starting to agree E! I am fine with Moore and one of Darby/Bush. And although the big splash would be SD, CP may be more SEC ready given his physical stats and year at JUCO. I'd be happy with that.

Don't expect Auburn to get both SD and CP at WR  nor both Bush and Darby at DB.

Agree on both.  I do think there is a shot with both Bush and Darby.  You'll be able to read tea leaves on how good our chances are based on what happens with Jordan Moore. 

I like the I'Tavius Mathers pick. That would be one of those pleasant signing day surprises. Can we flip an Ole Miss commit two years in a row? Let's go for it...

OK for fun, but let's get serious.  I would like to challenge the "experts" to compile a list, particularly those who post exact terms such as "zero percent" or "lock" or "he won't come here, that's a fact".  Because, if they are that sure of who we won't get, they must be just as sure of who we will get.  Now, the answer cannot be;  "I can't do that, because things are so fluid", because if you can make an exact statement on the negative side, you can do the same on the positive side.  I won't drop names, but you know who you are.  So, c'mon guys, bring it!!  Let's have some realism here, rather than dreamin'!!  j/k, because I love the dreamers.

Good post pops. Wish you would change your mind though and name names  ;D

Pops has the post of the day.  It's freaking easy to post that a recruit will be heading somewhere else.  Statistically, a negative poster will come out ahead by stating this.  I can look at simple geography and the odds will favor me if I post Arik won't be attending Auburn.  Doesn't mean I have a ton of information or have some inside status to recruiting.  For those who are consistently certain who isn't committing to Auburn, they should also possess the knowledge of who is committing to Auburn -- not just "who is in the mix."

P.S. I'm not a sunshine pumper and I do think there could be potential negative news for one of our commits.

Just wondering ... I thought Patterson was a lost cause.  Have we just been stepping up our recruitment of him again?  And how is it that Kwon is more LSU now?  What is it that's luring him there?

Just wondering ... I thought Patterson was a lost cause.  Have we just been stepping up our recruitment of him again?  And how is it that Kwon is more LSU now?  What is it that's luring him there?

I have heard from a few people that Kwon has always wanted Bama, but they haven't shown as much interest since his injury. And he feels he is better than Auburn.

Plus, LSU does have the D mentality that he likes.

Word is going around at other schools that AU could be the team to beat for CP. Have not heard it from Auburn people yet though. Chiz and Troop did have an in home with him 2 weeks ago and may have knocked it out of the park.

Pops has the post of the day.  It's freaking easy to post that a recruit will be heading somewhere else.  Statistically, a negative poster will come out ahead by stating this.  I can look at simple geography and the odds will favor me if I post Arik won't be attending Auburn.  Doesn't mean I have a ton of information or have some inside status to recruiting.  For those who are consistently certain who isn't committing to Auburn, they should also possess the knowledge of who is committing to Auburn -- not just "who is in the mix."

P.S. I'm not a sunshine pumper and I do think there could be potential negative news for one of our commits.

You are absolutely right. Considering that every school may offer 150 recruits and only sign 25 every year, the odds are in the favor of the "not committing" side of the ledger. Its much harder to say who will commit than who won't.

In order of the confidence I have that Auburn will sign these kids.

1. Jordan Moore

2. Leonard Williams

3. Deon Bush

4. Avery Young

5. Stefon Diggs

6. Menelik Watson

7. Caleb Peterson (up to us if we want to sign him).

-Anyone else we sign I would be a pretty big surprise (IMO).  We might take a lower rated guy no one knows about.  I feel that Goldman, Darby, Winston, and I guess according to ellitor, Patterson are all still possibilities so maybe we get one of those guys.  I think Alexander and Armstead are lost causes at this point. 

1. Jordan Moore

2. Leonard Williams

3. Deon Bush

4. Avery Young

5. Stefon Diggs

6. Menelik Watson

-Anyone else we sign I would be a pretty big surprise (IMO).  We might take a lower rated guy no one knows about.  I feel that Goldman, Darby, Winston, and I guess according to ellitor, Patterson are all still possibilities so maybe we get one of those guys.  I think Alexander and Armstead are lost causes at this point. 

According to other threads and sources:

Diggs likely will head to UF.  (Update: ST is saying Auburn is still in the mix.)

Darby is heading to FSU with a good possibility of talking Ricardo to going with him.

Winston is waiting on OC named before committing to an OV.

Grimes is flying to visit Menalik.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! 

I have heard from a few people that Kwon has always wanted Bama, but they haven't shown as much interest since his injury. And he feels he is better than Auburn.

Read my post in Kwon's thread. I can assure you that is not the case with uat. Also I'm 80% sure Kwon signs with AU.

1. Jordan Moore

2. Leonard Williams

3. Deon Bush

4. Avery Young

5. Stefon Diggs

6. Menelik Watson

Diggs likely will head to UF.  (Update: ST is saying Auburn is still in the mix.)

Darby is heading to FSU with a good possibility of talking Ricardo to going with him.

So let me get this straight; our staff works their tails off to open doors with Diggs and Darby and they start recruiting our commitments to other teams. Ouch... On top of that, Diggs did it while visiting.

Read my post in Kwon's thread. I can assure you that is not the case with uat. Also I'm 80% sure Kwon signs with AU.

1. Jordan Moore

2. Leonard Williams

3. Deon Bush

4. Avery Young

5. Stefon Diggs

6. Menelik Watson

So let me get this straight; our staff works their tails off to open doors with Diggs and Darby and they start recruiting our commitments to other teams. Ouch... On top of that, Diggs did it while visiting.

-I've heard from people in the know that the report on Diggs recruiting Williams to UF was overblown.  I don't believe thats happening, I don't know about Darby though.

Sure, here is my prediction for Final 9.

1. Stefon Diggs WR

2. Cordarrelle Patterson WR

3. Menelik Watson OT

4. Alex Kozan OG

5. Arik Armstead SDE

6. Eddie Goldman DT

7. Stephen Weatherly OLB (Vandy commit)

8. Ronald Darby CB

9. Jordan Moore S

Kwon is ours!!  :cool:

Not a prediction, as I have already made several - but a summary of who we are after. Please update as I am sure to have missed someone.

Offense:

QB - Jameis Winston, Liggins

RB - I'Tavius Mathers

WR - Stefon Diggs; Cordarelle Patterson, maybe current commits re think or re commit

OL - Jordan Diamond, Avery Young, Menelik Watson, Caleb Peterson, Alex Kozan

Defense:

DB - Deon Bush, Ronald Darby, Jordan Moore

LB - Kwon Alexander, Stephen Weatherly

DL - Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Leonard Williams

You know, any 9 of the above would make a very good class, fill all of our needs, give great depth and put a few real playmakers on board.

Did I miss anyone?

EDIT: one more thing, these highly recruited prospects are often going to 'walk late'. We're in good shape. This will be a very good recruiting class.

You have one name wrong. It's I'Tavius Mathers

Thanks. I copied and pasted and it got stuck there. Anyone else we're pursuing that you know of?

Archived