Just for fun

Rednilla

I decided to take a crack at guessing how our final class will shape up. Presuming that we sign all 16 currently committed and 9 more for a total of 25, this is how I see it. A couple of these guesses may be a stretch, or maybe I'm just dreaming, but we shall see...feel free to chime in with your own predictions!

1. Eddie Goldman

2. Arik Armstead

3. Cordarelle Patterson

4. Jameis Winston

5. Melenik Watson

6. Avery Young

7. Ronald Darby

8. Kwon Alexander

9. I'Tavius Mathers

Okay, yeah, I'm probably just dreaming, now that I look back over the list. According to rivals' rankings, that would have us closing with two five stars, two 6.0 four stars, two 5.9 four stars, two 5.8 four stars, and a 5.7 three star. Pretty sure that would put us in the top 3, if not on top.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avery Young

Jordan Diamond

Menelik Watson

Cordarrelle Patterson

Jordan Moore

Arik Armstead

Leonard Williams

Ronald Darby

Kwon Alexander

I decided to take a crack at guessing how our final class will shape up. Presuming that we sign all 16 currently committed and 9 more for a total of 25, this is how I see it. A couple of these guesses may be a stretch, or maybe I'm just dreaming, but we shall see...feel free to chime in with your own predictions!

1. Eddie Goldman

2. Arik Armstead

3. Cordarelle Patterson

4. Jameis Winston

5. Melenik Watson

6. Avery Young

7. Ronald Darby

8. Kwon Alexander

9. I'Tavius Mathers

Okay, yeah, I'm probably just dreaming, now that I look back over the list. According to rivals' rankings, that would have us closing with two five stars, two 6.0 four stars, two 5.9 four stars, two 5.8 four stars, and a 5.7 three star. Pretty sure that would put us in the top 3, if not on top.

Might as well dream big. :laugh:

What about Armstead brother?

Either way, he is a transfer and would not count against the 25 if he came to Auburn.

Also, because we had one slot open last year and we had one (more than that, obviously, but all it takes is one) come in as an EE, the way I understand it is that would still leave us with an open slot just in case anyone happens to want to sign with us a couple of weeks after signing day...just sayin'

Any combination of 9 players from this 10:

Offense -

Avery Young

Jordan Diamond

Stefon Diggs

Jameis Winston

Defense -

Jordan Moore

Arik Armstead

Leonard Williams

Ronald Darby

Kwon Alexander

Eddie Goldman

OL:

1. Avery Young - 5.9, 4*

2. Alex Kozan - 5.8, 4*

DL:

3. Leonard Williams - 5.9, 4*

4. Channing Ward - 5.9, 4*

DB:

5. Ronald Darby - 5.9, 4*

6. Jordan Moore - Currently unranked, expect high 3*/low 4* with final rankings

LB:

7. Kwon Alexander - 5.8, 4*

WR:

8. Stefon Diggs - 6.1, 5*

9. Cordarrelle Patterson - 6.0, 4*

Close With:

5* - 1

4* - 7

3* - 1

Total:

5* - 1

4* - 17

3* - 7

Finished 4th in 10' with: 3/13/13

Finished 7th in 11' with: 1/13/10

So I would expect this to be a top 3-5 class if we close with the above list.

Current #1 has 3/11/13

Things could look even better if you replace Ward with Armstead.

(All per Rivals rankings)

1. Eddie Goldman

2. Arik Armstead

3. Cordarelle Patterson

4. Jameis Winston

5. Melenik Watson

6. Avery Young

7. Ronald Darby

8. Kwon Alexander

9. I'Tavius Mathers

Well, if you are dreaming, don't wake up. That's great. I'm hoping for these also. I'll leave you to dream on your own.War Damn Eagle!!! :wareagle: :wareagle: :yay:

My educated guess right now (subject to change)  ;)

Kozan

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

and 2 BVG diamond in the rough specials.  :we:

OK for fun, but let's get serious.  I would like to challenge the "experts" to compile a list, particularly those who post exact terms such as "zero percent" or "lock" or "he won't come here, that's a fact".  Because, if they are that sure of who we won't get, they must be just as sure of who we will get.  Now, the answer cannot be;  "I can't do that, because things are so fluid", because if you can make an exact statement on the negative side, you can do the same on the positive side.  I won't drop names, but you know who you are.  So, c'mon guys, bring it!!  Let's have some realism here, rather than dreamin'!!  j/k, because I love the dreamers.

OK for fun, but let's get serious.  I would like to challenge the "experts" to compile a list, particularly those who post exact terms such as "zero percent" or "lock" or "he won't come here, that's a fact".  Because, if they are that sure of who we won't get, they must be just as sure of who we will get.  Now, the answer cannot be;  "I can't do that, because things are so fluid", because if you can make an exact statement on the negative side, you can do the same on the positive side.  I won't drop names, but you know who you are.  So, c'mon guys, bring it!!  Let's have some realism here, rather than dreamin'!!  j/k, because I love the dreamers.

:laugh::bow:

:laugh::bow:

Bird, how do you feel about my list above? Tried to be realistic given the names that are still on the board (didn't include EG or AA)...

Kozan

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

This sounds about right to me at the moment minus Kozan.  This time of year it will probably change by the afternoon, but for now, about right.  Don't see us getting to 25 signees this year.

Kozan

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

This minus Kwon plus a signing day surprise looks about right. I hope the OP is correct though... dream big if you are going to dream.

I'm going with:

Alex Kozan

Menelik Watson

Leonard Williams

Arik Armistead

Deon Bush

Ronald Darby

Stephon Diggs

Avery Young

I'Tavious Mathers

....and outside shots maybe at Eddie Goldman or Kwon Alexander

I'm going with:

Alex Kozan

Menelik Watson

Leonard Williams

Arik Armistead

Deon Bush

Ronald Darby

Stephon Diggs

Avery Young

I'Tavious Mathers

We wouldn't take Mathers as of today.  Kozan is going to Iowa.  Armstead likely to Cal.  Diggs is going to UF.  I am pretty confident about Diggs too. We are certainly in the mix for Goldman and Alexander as well. 

I'm going with:

Alex Kozan

Menelik Watson

Leonard Williams

Arik Armistead

Deon Bush

Ronald Darby

Stephon Diggs

Avery Young

I'Tavious Mathers

We wouldn't take Mathers as of today.  Kozan is going to Iowa.  Armstead likely to Cal.  Diggs is going to UF.  I am pretty confident about Diggs too. We are certainly in the mix for Goldman and Alexander as well. 

Don't listen to too much hype, brother.

Flex, what do you think abour Darby can we close with him or do we call it a day with Bush

I said subject to change and I am already making a change.  :D I forgot AY

Kozan Young

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

Kozan Young

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

You think the coaches would take Bush AND Moore?

Flex, what do you think abour Darby can we close with him or do we call it a day with Bush

Not Flex and he can confirm or deny this but it looks like FSU is in great position with Darby. And we either get Darby or Bush. Will not get both.

Kozan Young

Watson

Williams

Patterson

Kwon

Bush

Moore

You think the coaches would take Bush AND Moore?

Yes. Moore can play OLB or SS. And we will need Moore if LSWho pulls off Kwon.

Archived