Stop the meltdown!

tigerjeffm

Why is everyone freaking out about Malzahn leaving?  He was not the head coach.  He was the damn OC, and a pretty inept one at that this year.  I know he had some personnel issues, but dang, we were ranked in the 100s on offense and a lot of people are acting like the greatest coach ever is leaving us and we are going to just fall off the map.   There are 3 guys on the current auburn staff that know his offense and a slew of others across the country that do, if we choose to run the same style. Anyone who thinks he is more important than Chizik is crazy.  Chizik is a leader.  I'm sorry, I like gus's offense, but the guy would be/is in over his head as a HC.  Does anyone honestly think that Les miles, or nick Saban,  or pat dye, or gene Chizik, or bob stoops, or any other HC worth having would have allowed what happened with malzahns wife to happen??  NO.  Coaches wives don't go in front of cameras bad mouthing players.  Auburn doesnt need that.

I've enjoyed having Gus and I wish him the best.  He already stayed a year longer than everyone thought he would.  It was fun having him but he did not invent football and he sure as hell didn't invent auburn football.  Everyone will be Very happy with the OC AU hires.  And everyone is already happy with the DC we hope we might have or might not perhaps maybe possibly already hired.    Let's just chill out. 

Why is everyone freaking out about Malzahn leaving?  He was not the head coach.  He was the damn OC, and a pretty inept one at that this year.  I know he had some personnel issues, but dang, we were ranked in the 100s on offense and a lot of people are acting like the greatest coach ever is leaving us and we are going to just fall off the map.   There are 3 guys on the current auburn staff that know his offense and a slew of others across the country that do, if we choose to run the same style. Anyone who thinks he is more important than Chizik is crazy.  Chizik is a leader.  I'm sorry, I like gus's offense, but the guy would be/is in over his head as a HC.  Does anyone honestly think that Les miles, or nick Saban,  or pat dye, or gene Chizik, or bob stoops, or any other HC worth having would have allowed what happened with malzahns wife to happen??  NO.  Coaches wives don't go in front of cameras bad mouthing players.  Auburn doesnt need that.

I've enjoyed having Gus and I wish him the best.  He already stayed a year longer than everyone thought he would.  It was fun having him but he did not invent football and he sure as hell didn't invent auburn football.  Everyone will be Very happy with the OC AU hires.  And everyone is already happy with the DC we hope we might have or might not perhaps maybe possibly already hired.    Let's just chill out. 

You first! I kid I kid! I agree with you 100%. Got a text from a friend that is a UF fan that said "sorry bro". I told him I wasn't hurt at all by it. I loved Gus! Still do, but I don't feel that we lost a ton because he is gone. There are plenty of capable coaches out there to run our offense and do it well.

OK, now you've gone way too far-making perfect sense on a message board?  What is this world coming to?

Lord I am starting to hate some so called Auburn fans...... As long as this kind of panic fans exists, every news is going to be on headlines..... I am glad I am not a heart patient If I am, coming to this message board for half an hour during tough times will kill me for sure.....

I'm not worried.  My only concern would be recruiting and that's about it.  I'd like for him to stay one more year, but I wish him well and know that Auburn will be fine. 

Archived