The Sky is Falling!!!

Rednilla

Ya I think me and Red are on the same page just I didn't do a good job of articulating it. I wasn't necessarily angry with Red's post to be honest I was more frustrated with the thread saying "we should be ashamed". My basic point is both sides need to be respectful without saying one is a "bammer" or the other is a "sunshine pumper". I was mad about the "if you don't like it u should leave it" part but I think he meant that to everyone in general. I have been on this site for 2 years now and have loved it. I tend not always agree with some on here but for the most part people are respectful. Right now everyone is frustrated and it comes out some in the recent threads. I still think Auburn has a bright future and I still believe that Roof is one of the big problems, but I can understand those that want to give him one more year. Let's hope that whoever is leading the D finds the solution and while they're at find some manhood for our offensive line

:we:

Great post, Paw1

Ya I think me and Red are on the same page just I didn't do a good job of articulating it. I wasn't necessarily angry with Red's post to be honest I was more frustrated with the thread saying "we should be ashamed". My basic point is both sides need to be respectful without saying one is a "bammer" or the other is a "sunshine pumper". I was mad about the "if you don't like it u should leave it" part but I think he meant that to everyone in general. I have been on this site for 2 years now and have loved it. I tend not always agree with some on here but for the most part people are respectful. Right now everyone is frustrated and it comes out some in the recent threads. I still think Auburn has a bright future and I still believe that Roof is one of the big problems, but I can understand those that want to give him one more year. Let's hope that whoever is leading the D finds the solution and while they're at find some manhood for our offensive line

:we:

Yeah, no, I didn't mean that as directed at you in particular at all; I was using the collective "you", but I guess maybe I should have been more clear about it.

And I sincerely believe the offensive line is going to be leaps and bounds better next season. Greg Robinson and Christian Westerman are incredibly gifted and will very likely be playing on Sunday in another four years or so, Dismukes has been playing well for starting as a true freshman, and John Sullen has impressed me as being a scrappy guard. It remains to be seen how Latu will mesh, but then I think Westerman has the talent and versatility to play RT if needs be, and we have a couple of guys who might well overtake Sullen at guard anyway. There is just so much young talent on the offensive line that I can't imagine next year not being better.

With regard to defense, a great amount of our issues, IMO, are due to the defensive line's inexperience. Lemonier is the only player amongst the front 4 getting consistent pressure on the passer, and in the Tampa 2, pressure from the front 4 is a must. Come next season, I think we'll see a much improved D-line, which makes a HUGE difference in pass defense and an even bigger difference in run defense.

Archived