The Sky is Falling!!!

Rednilla

Oh no! We're horrible!! We're never going to be good again!!! We've gotta get rid of these coaches who won the national championship, because they stink!!!!

Guys, would you listen to yourselves? Okay, yeah, we've had a rough year, no doubt. Playing the toughest schedule in the country after losing 17 starters (and being left with 7 seniors on scholarship) will do that. But we'll be stronger because of it. I don't know if Roof will be back, though at this point I have my doubts as well. Nevertheless, how can we go from Chizik doing such an incredible job keeping everything together in spite of the adversity to this Chicken Little routine that so many of you have?

Words to remember: Auburn will always be Auburn. Hold your head up and stand proud with your colors. Yesterday I was at Kroger getting a couple of things for my girlfriend and me, wearing my Auburn pullover hoodie. I turned the corner at the end of an aisle, and the woman walking toward me got this big smile on her face as she said "War Eagle anyway." My response? "War Eagle NO MATTER WHAT!"

But some of you seem ready to shrink in the night and throw in the towel. We went 7-5 in 09 only to make a magical run in 2010. And ALL of our losses have come on the road, so maybe there's some Jordan-Hare magic brewing or something.

Yeah, this is a down year, but the last two recruiting classes are loaded, the one we're putting together this year is loaded, and we're already getting commitments for the following year from some of the top athletes in the country. Auburn will be Auburn. Just give it time, don't lose the faith, and everything will be okay.

Excellent Red! No doubt we sucked against GA but at the same time GA deserves a lot of credit for playing arguably their best game in a decade. I'm dissapointed as anybody but the reality is, if anyone didn't see a tough season coming, IMO they are clueless about football. No offense intended. Several people, including yours truly, posted here that we should be prepared for some ugliness this year and were blasted with ' we're AU and we don't accept mediocrity' 'if you accept losing, you're a loser' and other brilliant comments. We are Auburn and no we don't accept mediocrity but under the circumstances, Chizik was dealt, he has done a great job IMO for 3 years with the exception of this past weeks game. The man led us to the NC last year, I believe he deserves our respect. Anybody here not had a bad day? I didn't think so.

AU will be back and we will see significant improvement starting next year and I believe the ass whippings we have taken at LSU and GA will help motivate the players to work even harder in the off-season. And oh BTW, don't be shocked if harvey U beats the hell out of us too. They will likely be the best team we have played this year. I'll have my AU gear on from head to toe and hoping we can pull a miracle but at the same time I'm a realist.

War Damn Eagle!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

I'm still not understanding why everybody wants Roof gone when it really obvious that Auburn is getting beat at every single phase of the game. I hate that we are getting our tails handed to us so badly as much as anybody. But all the evidence presented for the firing of Roof that I have read on this message board would set the basis for firing everybody in the entire program.

The reason our coaches are looking so bad is due to multiple factors that this coaching staff is not responsible for but are trying their best to handle. Tubbs did us no favors in the recruiting dept, setting us up for this year and next year to have no senior presence on the team. The coaches have done a great job recruiting talent as damage control for lack of senior experience. It was one thing to graduate so many seniors after last season but to have no senior class to step up is the what we are seeing on the field. Eltoro supports this idea, he was the only one that looked like he knew what he was doing in the georgia game.

Under the normal circumstances of having regular recruiting classes, I would totally support the comments of "fire Roof, He's had 3 years with no improvement." But if you use that same logic, Malzahn would be gone for not producing more on offense, or Chizik not winning more. But the reality is that recruiting has affected the program so much that it was like this season is the first season after a coaching change. Recruiting takes a couple of years to really affect the program as a whole. There are individuals that can bring immediate results like Dyer but at the same time, he had the benefit of a senior laden O-line to get acclimated to the college level.

I personally am giving these coaches a free pass on this year due to the hand that they were dealt when they showed up and had to wait a couple of years to before they had to handle it. The coaches made the best of the time they had to wait though!

If we are still talking about firing Roof this time next season for the same reasons we are this season, then I will be in favor of it. Next year, all the coaches, with the exception of Pelton, will have numbers of classes that will resemble normality, and will have talented AND experienced players. If next season is not close to incredible and sheds light on an incredibly bright future with the current staff, then I will be in total support of changes in staffing. By then, there will be no excuses.

Until then, i suggest taking a chill pill, and dont panic. There will be better games.

and forever War Eagle!

I guess there's a disconnect between some on here. Those of us expressing disappointment know the sky is not fallin however we also have just seen 2 of the worst losses in hisory. I refuse to blindly support coaches that continue to not reach the level we expect at auburn. Coach chizik and malzahn have earned my respect and loyalty, roof hasn't. I know auburn will always be AU but I also know that there have been some performances that have been downright ugly. I wish some of y'all would quit calling those who aren't always loving the coaching and are unhappy with some results as not true auburn fans. This is a message board where we discuss the bad and good about auburn. It's time we be able to discuss things without being called bammers or sunshine pumpers. Posts like these that call out ppl who have a different opinion do nothing but cause more bickering

I guess there's a disconnect between some on here. Those of us expressing disappointment know the sky is not fallin however we also have just seen 2 of the worst losses in hisory. I refuse to blindly support coaches that continue to not reach the level we expect at auburn. Coach chizik and malzahn have earned my respect and loyalty, roof hasn't. I know auburn will always be AU but I also know that there have been some performances that have been downright ugly. I wish some of y'all would quit calling those who aren't always loving the coaching and are unhappy with some results as not true auburn fans. This is a message board where we discuss the bad and good about auburn. It's time we be able to discuss things without being called bammers or sunshine pumpers. Posts like these that call out ppl who have a different opinion do nothing but cause more bickering

There's another board that we set up specifically so you can rant about your issues with the team. This site was set up specifically so there would be a positive place for Auburn fans to come and congregate with one another. Moreover, we've said plenty of times that there is a right way to express discontent and a wrong way to do so.

If you don't like that, then there are plenty of other message boards you can go to and absolutely tear the team and coaches apart.

There's another board that we set up specifically so you can rant about your issues with the team. This site was set up specifically so there would be a positive place for Auburn fans to come and congregate with one another. Moreover, we've said plenty of times that there is a right way to express discontent and a wrong way to do so.

If you don't like that, then there are plenty of other message boards you can go to and absolutely tear the team and coaches apart.

^This

Ya love the go to get out if u disagree with me argument.... Look my point is ppl are going to have differing opinions and we should be allowed to express em. You whole post to me is exactly what ur getting mad at others about. Instead of starting a thread call the "sky is falling" why not something like "we will be find next year" or "why I still bieber AU will be great". I'm just tired of the hypocrast of some geting mad at how ppp express there displeasure when they use the same style in their own arguments.

Ya love the go to get out if u disagree with me argument.... Look my point is ppl are going to have differing opinions and we should be allowed to express em. You whole post to me is exactly what ur getting mad at others about. Instead of starting a thread call the "sky is falling" why not something like "we will be find next year" or "why I still bieber AU will be great". I'm just tired of the hypocrast of some geting mad at how ppp express there displeasure when they use the same style in their own arguments.

Wow. Did you really not get the sarcasm in my thread title?

As for the get out if you disagree thing, it's not about disagreeing, it's about the way disagreements are being voiced. I could have had the positive reinforcement message you alluded to...but then I would have been discounted as a "sunshine pumper" and had people taking shots at me for it.

My point is that we have a place for putting rants about the atrocities of Auburn football, that it's not the Auburn Football board, and that if you want to be able to say whatever you want to say without recourse from anyone else, there are other boards you can do that at. This is not one and will not be one.

Man next year we are just gonna suck again cause ted and gus is going to be gone Im scared I just don't think I can handle it, Chizik just needs to throw in the towel now I guess whats the point of even playing next year? :dunno:;D;)

Actually BigBird on the Rant Board said criticism is OK on this board only that it be civil and done in a non-rant fashion.  So criticism is allowed on this board.

wde

wde

Actually BigBird on the Rant Board said criticism is OK on this board only that it be civil and done in a non-rant fashion.  So criticism is allowed on this board.

wde

wde

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the "right way to express discontent" part...if you can't express said criticism in the right way, then you don't need to do so on this board.

Yea 8 wins next year will make everything better.

Love the way you not only wrote off this year but next year as well. Really, good job.

wde

wde

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the "right way to express discontent" part...if you can't express said criticism in the right way, then you don't need to do so on this board.

But I don't think TigerPaw1's post was bad in that regard.

wde

are there really that many posts going after Chizik? I havent seen any, but I admittedly havent been on here a whole lot since Saturday. just been kinda popping in for a minute here & there. I have seen a couple taking shots at Malzahn undeservedly. Malzahn has definitely proven himself enough to have earned some slack, especially with the issues we are facing with the oline. Roof on the other hand... good luck to him wherever he ends up. Chizik is a good coach and a great man. I dont see where anyone is finding fault at this point.

wde

Absolutely,  I've had a few really good discussions this morning because of it.  :we:

wde

It wasn't. He and I were both talking about posts elsewhere in the forum.

are there really that many posts going after Chizik? I havent seen any, but I admittedly havent been on here a whole lot since Saturday. just been kinda popping in for a minute here & there. I have seen a couple taking shots at Malzahn undeservedly. Malzahn has definitely proven himself enough to have earned some slack, especially with the issues we are facing with the oline. Roof on the other hand... good luck to him wherever he ends up. Chizik is a good coach and a great man. I dont see where anyone is finding fault at this point.

Yeah, it's more being directed at Roof and Malzahn.

wde

It wasn't. He and I were both talking about posts elsewhere in the forum.

Ok, fair enough.  Sorry for sticking my nose in since I obviously missed the context.

It has become abunantly clear many of you calling for so and so's head are not ALL IN.  You do not evidently back the decisions of the HC.  It is his decision to hold onto Coach Roof so the longer you call for Coach Roof's head the more you are saying that the HC is just the 5-19 coach BAMMERS say he is!  And the louder you are saying your NOT ALL IN!

It has become abunantly clear many of you calling for so and so's head are not ALL IN.  You do not evidently back the decisions of the HC.  It is his decision to hold onto Coach Roof so the longer you call for Coach Roof's head the more you are saying that the HC is just the 5-19 coach BAMMERS say he is!  And the louder you are saying your NOT ALL IN!

assuming Chizik is satisfied with Roof, that is... what if Chizik privately wants to fire him? does that mean people supporting Roof arent all in? I wish everyone would stop trying to downgrade the status of everyone who disagrees with them. its tiresome and rather childish. 

I thought it was falling.  Actually felt a piece hit me in the top of the head earlier this morning.

WAR EAGLE ANYWAYS!

Also. Auburn fans who did not think 7-5 was a realistic possibility were fooling themselves (notice I said possibility instead of expect. big difference there.) given this is one of the toughest schedules in the history of the ptogram and loss of over 30 players from last year's team. I am not satisfied with the season but given the youth and player turnover from last year I am not disappointed either.

Ya I think me and Red are on the same page just I didn't do a good job of articulating it. I wasn't necessarily angry with Red's post to be honest I was more frustrated with the thread saying "we should be ashamed". My basic point is both sides need to be respectful without saying one is a "bammer" or the other is a "sunshine pumper". I was mad about the "if you don't like it u should leave it" part but I think he meant that to everyone in general. I have been on this site for 2 years now and have loved it. I tend not always agree with some on here but for the most part people are respectful. Right now everyone is frustrated and it comes out some in the recent threads. I still think Auburn has a bright future and I still believe that Roof is one of the big problems, but I can understand those that want to give him one more year. Let's hope that whoever is leading the D finds the solution and while they're at find some manhood for our offensive line

:we:

Archived