Looking Forward: Something to Consider

Rednilla

If we can somehow find a way to pull an upset of LSU this coming weekend, things get very interesting in the West. It would theoretically be possible then for LSU to beat Bama and leave the final weekend with four teams with one conference loss and all four teams playing one another. Imagine it: Auburn vs Alabama, LSU vs Arkansas. The latter game is played on Friday, so if LSU wins, then Bama can't win the West but Auburn can. If Arkansas wins, then Auburn can't win the West but Bama can. How beautiful would that be? Then if, hypothetically, LSU and Auburn win and there is only one (or less) undefeated teams in the major conferences + Boise (yes, Boise would jump any 1-loss team, like it or not), would LSU stand a chance at making the BCS National Championship game without actually playing for its own conference title?

Of course, the chances of any of that happening are slim and none, but it's fun to think about. :P

I believe if we somehow found our rhythm on offense with how good the defense is playing we could close out the year with 0-2 losses. If our offense was more consistent there is no doubt in my mind that we would be 7-0 right now with a great chance to win out. Also the struggles on offense were a blessing in disguise giving our young guys on D much needed playing time in a game atmosphere and we are now seeing the defense play faster, confident, and smarter because they know how to communicate and adjust on the field without a coach being right next to you or being able to hear a coach. If our offense get in a rhythm and finds the right combination of players then we become a major player in how the west will be won along with arky but who has already lost to bama so bama would have to loose twice and  arky would have to win agianst lsu. While we just need to win out and hope lsu answers a prayer in beating arky. It's a long shot but I wont give up hope till the final regular season game is played and the championship game is set.

:we:

I'm extremely happy for the win last night, but let's try to keep it real here.  If our offense doesn't improve in a big way in a hurry, we'll be lucky to manage a handful of first downs, let alone points, against LSU or Bama.  Their defenses are playing lights out right now, and they aren't likely to help us out of jams with turnovers like UF did last night.  The week 7 look ahead IMO is that we should beat Ole Miss and Samford, we'll have a similar (winnable) game with UGA that we had with UF, and we'll be tremendous dogs to LSU and Bama.  Beating either one of them would be an enormous upset.  I said before the season I thought 8-4 was a realistic prediction.  I don't see anything right now to make me think that isn't still the case.

Archived