Just so you're prepared.

87aubie

I've responded the same way for the last 2 years and it works everytime. "A win is a win". If Team X (USCe) were truly the #? (10) team in the country they shouldn't have been in that position. That usually shuts them up. This year I've added 3 more words to my responses. "Defending National Champions!".

:believe:

the last play gained a first down. the player went down with one second on the clock. they could not have lined up the kicking team and wouldnt have tried, but would have spiked the ball. im not sure you can even do this with only one second. the clock usually runs 3-4 seconds after the made first down when the ref turns to the sideline confirm the ball placement was indeed enough to move the chains. let em complain.

Seems that time stops when the whistle is blown, not when the knee touches the ground (otherwise every play would have to be reviewed).  As whether to spike it or call timeout... This wouldn't have mattered, as the last play would not started at 8secs -if- Garcia had spiked the ball. 

Loved the TV commentator take on the Sanders late hit, saying "it looked more like Garcia grabbed hold and pulled him down on top of him".

Throw to the middle of the field with no timeouts left and you don't deserve to get that call.  Garcia didn't have his best game tonight.

Good point. Plus Spurrier's last time out call was the wrong move. We deserved the win, and got it. We probably should have won by more. I'll gladly take the win.

Archived