AU Ranked #15 in AP

Pablo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... it's like shock treatment, this year....

cold... hot... very cold... very hot...  You know they are going to crash us out of the polls again on our next loss.

I think we're benefitting greatly bc outside of the top 10-12.. the pollsters don't know what to really do with everyone else. As long as we're there or higher when it's all said and done...  :wareagle:

I will take #15, but we need to earn that ranking in my mind. I really thought the voters would wait until after the ARK game to show us some love : if we earned it. The coaches have a more realistic ranking for us right now. We need to make the AP voters look good by beating the Hogs. 

War Eagle !

I will take #15, but we need to earn that ranking in my mind. I really thought the voters would wait until after the ARK game to show us some love : if we earned it. The coaches have a more realistic ranking for us right now. We need to make the AP voters look good by beating the Hogs.   

War Eagle !

I'm with you on this one.  15th is totally unwarranted at this point.

You have to remember that we beat a top 10 team plus atleast 5 ranked teams fell to unranked teams yesterday.

I feel #15 is a good spot, and think we got the shaft in the coaches poll.

Nice call jc, with the AP Poll, at least!

I think a4e had the coaches pretty much pegged, though.

Been a while since I thought the writers were more accurate than the coaches, but I do now (and not just because of our ranking).

Can't see why anyone would still have OU ranked ahead of LSU.

Let's keep winning!

:we:

Polls always take care of themselves. WIN and you stay in, Lose and you go away. A lot of FB left to be played friends.

The Coaches can't show much love now until the W's continue, because the statistic are AU-trocious. IMO The writers/sportscasters like to rank teams ( within some reason ) to make better match ups #15 AU goes to #10 AR makes for MORE interested readers/viewers . SIDs do most Coaches ballots if the truth were revealed.

? for you who say the ranking is unwarranted , how many ahead of AU has out recruited them the past two seasons ? If this team keeps improving and the coaches can recruit another top ten class '12 and '13 may have AU back in the BIG PICTURE looking down at the opposition in the polls instead of moving in-out-in-????- and looking up. These youngsters have some talent, more talent than 100+ other FBS squads they just must mature and yesterday was a good start.

Let's stay positive with these young guys !  :thumbsup:

:wareagle: JUST WIN BABY  :party:

I feel that #15 is premature, but could definitely believe in that or higher if we are able to win against Arkansas.

Arkansas will be an extremely hostile environment. However, as always, if the Offense finally becomes efficient in turning drives into TD's and our Defense becomes consistently effective, we may be close enough again to pull it out.

If Blake is indeed able to play and/or a receiver or 2 steps up to produce..we obviously will have a better chance.

I will just take my heart medicine and keep watching like I have the past 40 years!

All we need to do is wait on these young receivers to learn how to block downfield.  Dyer is a beast no matter what and the O-Line is improving faster than I expected with one starter back.  If our young defense plays every game as well as they did Saturday then we are gonna be sooooooooooo nasty sooooooo soon!  I don't think they'll play that well though.  I think they'll keep playing better ball every week!

cold... hot... very cold... very hot...  You know they are going to crash us out of the polls again on our next loss.

what next loss are you speaking of?

This is laughable.  One week, we're the worst 3-1 team in America.  The next week we warrant a #15 ranking.  Well, which is it??  IMO, we haven't looked like a top 15 team with the exception of parts of the USCe game.  I'm not sure the ranking does anything for us.  Frankly, I'd just assume we stayed unranked and hungry.

I'm thinking he/she is alluding to the possibility that we may loose the SECCG.

Pretty surprising we jumped back in so high.

On the other hand, Arky is an 8-10 point favorite, so maybe that will keep the chip on our shoulder in place.

Our Defense played a lower than average offensive football team yesterday. But, a road win in the SEC is big no matter the opponent. If SC had a decent QB, we would have had a much greater struggle in beating them. I am much more concerned with the next offense we are going to face than SC. Hopefully, the offense will pick it up a notch or three the next game. Good win. I am pleasantly surprised that the AP put us that high. War Eagle!

Who knows... hopefully not next week (I'm going to be there, so I really want a win).  If we play our hearts out in October, the next loss will probably be LSU, but Arky and Florida both are good enough to beat us if we don't.  USCe is far from the hardest challenge on our schedule, and we are a very young team. There is a high percentage chance that we are going to lose at least once more this season.

I'm thinking he/she is alluding to the possibility that we may loose the SECCG.

It's he... and if we make it to the SECCG, we're going to win it.

I've stayed positive and the way we played and the fact that clemson is better than people thought I think we warrant a top 15 ranking

:D

:laugh: had a little horn tooting to do lol

Archived