AU Ranked #15 in AP

Pablo

There is no way that we will be inside the top 20. Our stats speak volumes about how good we are and we are not top 20 material. Tonite, we were good enough to be in the top 20,  but our other games we were not good enough to be in the top 75.  A loss to Clemson is/was not an impressive loss. A victory over Utah State was not impressive, Miss St was middle of the road so to speak, and FAU was not impressive either. Top 15? You better not be driving tonite oryou may get pulled over on suspicion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll be in the 23-25 range.  Despite a 4-1 record and a win against the #10 ranked team, we've played very sloppy and haven't impressed a lot of the voters.

But, more importantly, rankings at this point in the season shouldn't matter much.

So according to the AP poll Auburn is ranked 28th.  Let's say the top 7 stays the way it is, Clemson jumps over Oregon and is number 8 followed by Oregon at 9. Now you have #8 Nebraska, #10 south Carolina, #11 VT, #12 Florida, #14 Texas A&M (2 losses), #15 Baylor, #16 South Florida and #20 TCU all lost. #17 Texas will move to 10, #18 Ark will move to #11, #19 Michigan will move to #12.

Now for #13-25  you will choose from Nebraska, VT, Florida, Texas A&M, Baylor, South Florida, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Florida State, Illinois, Arizona State, Michigan State, Houston and Auburn. 

I see Nebraska at 13, Georgia Tech at 14........But other than that doesn't Auburn have to be in the top 15-20 based on who they beat, how they beat them and where they beat them?

We may break back in at 23-25.  USCe will drop to around 18-20. 

Agreed, but "may" is the key word. I won't be suprised if we don't break the top 25.

I'll admit to having the thought, but the truth is, I don't care.  We're not good enough yet to worry about rankings.  We're got Arkansas, Florida (no Brantley, apparently), and LSU coming.  If we're ranked after all that, then I'll care.

;)

I was talking to my Dad after the game. He brought that up. He thinks we will be back in. I'm not so sure we are getting the national "love" to get back in this week. If we keep winning they can't keep us out for much longer.

The only way we get ranked is if none of the voters watched the game.  It was a very sloppy game by both teams.  I think we made great strides on defense, and took steps backward on Offense.  We are the team that nobody knows what to do with.  I am fine if they take the wait and see and let us win a few more games, but there are more than a few ranked teams with less of a resume than us.

Who really cares about ranking right now? We have a murderous schedule so moving in and out of the top 25 means nothing right now.

If we win more than 7 this year, we will be ranked if nothing else by strength of schedule. We are on track for a 8-9 win season right now, but it will not be easy by any means. We have a buzz saw of a schedule with Arkansas, Florida, and LSU.

If we can win one or two of the next three, we will be on track for a really good season considering our schedule and youth on this team.  Personally I could see us winning against Arkansas and/or Florida. Not sure if anyone can beat LSU the way they are playing unless (and it pains me to say this), it is Alabama.

I'll admit to having the thought, but the truth is, I don't care.  We're not good enough yet to worry about rankings.  We're got Arkansas, Florida (no Brantley, apparently), and LSU coming.  If we're ranked after all that, then I'll care.

;)

I didn't catch most of the UAT-UF game, did the Brantley injury look serious? In other words: do you think he may be out for our game with them?

Now that I take another look at the rankings, I believe Clemson will move up to number 8. Texas will move to 10, Ark 11, Michigan 12, Wisconsin/Nebraska loser 13 and possibly Auburn coming in at 14.

I personally don't believe auburn is the 14th best team in the country (at this moment) but I don't see how you can not vote for them since they just went into a top 10 teams house and won. 

haha my man I love AU just as much, but lose the shades...unranked to FOURTEENTH...I would say 23 at best !!

I hate to toot my own horn but the Auburn Tigers are ranked 15th in the AP poll.  For the one's that didn't believe me, I ain't got nothing but love for ya.  War Eagle!

AP Top 25

No. School Record Points Prev

1 LSU (40) 5-0 1473 1

2 Alabama (12) 5-0 1435 3

3 Oklahoma (7) 4-0 1397 2

4 Wisconsin 5-0 1266 7

5 Boise State (1) 4-0 1248 4

6 Oklahoma State 4-0 1191 5

7 Stanford 4-0 1185 6

8 Clemson 5-0 1093 13

9 Oregon 3-1 1028 9

10 Arkansas 4-1 860 18

11 Texas 4-0 833 17

12 Michigan 5-0 812 19

13 Georgia Tech 5-0 667 21

14 Nebraska 4-1 555 8

15 Auburn 4-1 550 28

16 West Virginia 4-1 544 22

17 Florida 4-1 498 12

18 South Carolina 4-1 487 10

19 Illinois 5-0 428 24

20 Kansas State 4-0 349 31

21 Virginia Tech 4-1 341 11

22 Arizona State 4-1 256 25

23 Florida State 2-2 237 23

24 Texas A&M 2-2 216 14

25 Baylor 3-1 186 15

Now that I take another look at the rankings, I believe Clemson will move up to number 8. Texas will move to 10, Ark 11, Michigan 12, Wisconsin/Nebraska loser 13 and possibly Auburn coming in at 14.

I personally don't believe auburn is the 14th best team in the country (at this moment) but I don't see how you can not vote for them since they just went into a top 10 teams house and won. 

haha my man I love AU just as much, but lose the shades...unranked to FOURTEENTH...I would say 23 at best !!

Looks like he gets to keep the shades. :thumbsup:

I know it. Unbelievable. I can't remember a jump like that...WE jcole! good call...

Where site can I find the official AP rankings as soon as they come out? @AUGoldMine tweeted that we were 15th and I looked on the AP rankings page on SI.com and it wasn't updated yet. In fact it's still not updated. But anyway very happy with where we're at. We always find a way to win, and teams like that are dangerous! WDE!

I know it. Unbelievable. I can't remember a jump like that...WE jcole! good call...

me either. :bananadance:

AP is showing us a lot of love. Coaches poll not so much. I don't understand how USCe can be ranked so much higher than us in the coaches poll. Just makes no sense at all.

I didn't believe we would be in the top 20 and still don't think we deserve the 15th positional ranking, but hey! It is what it is. Two helpings of crow in one meal is awful!

Rankings are only as accurate as the people who make them. Lets get a playoff system.

Archived