Ted Roof.

The SandMntTiger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat the team on the other side of the ball that is all that matters! No matter when we played them!

Sure, but not the point of the thread.

We beat the team that was infront of us just like we did when we beat Oregon for the BCS championship...  With Roof leading the D....

:-X  I think we owe a debt of gratitude to the Alabama defense, who took John Brantley out of commission.   :-X

Grateful for the wins, and I'm not anti-Roof, but we just drew a huge break catching USC and Florida when they're helpless.

To say UF or any other team was down because of injuries, or whatever, and that was the reason we beat them is crazy...might as well as say we won because they ran out of peanut butter = one excuse is as good as another...

Also, we have injuries to key players right now too... easy for some to forget...

Instead, congrats are certainly in order to Coach Roof and Co. for containing our opponent tonight... and I like the visibly obvious improvement from week to week on D...

Injuries are legit on both sides but we did things that we couldn't a few games ago.  We tackled well, stopped screens wr/rb, pressured the qb, and stopped the run.

I don't know if the turn around was because Roof or Chizik or something else. So I am not going to give all the praise to Roof until I know it was because of him. But we still held Florida to less yards and points than Bama and LSU.

I don't know if the turn around was because Roof or Chizik or something else. So I am not going to give all the praise to Roof until I know it was because of him. But we still held Florida to less yards and points than Bama and LSU.

If John Brantley would have played, it would have made UF's offense look a lot better. Either way, I'm still proud of our D!

If John Brantley would have played, it would have made UF's offense look a lot better. Either way, I'm still proud of our D!

Granted... and I agree...

However, AU's D would have adjusted and would have contained them anyway...

My opinion going into this game @ the beginning of the season = overall, AU has a better team than UF this year

Showed by results on the field...

I think the improvement people are seeing in the D is there because of improved defensive line play. They're getting penetration  :-X and not only getting sacks but getting hurries as well. It makes a huge difference. Let us all hope the trend continues.

every single player on defense has improved in leaps and bounds. the credit is on everybody. the tackling the linebackers, 2ndary, d-line and coaches. and the roof is no longer on fire. but please dont give him another raise, he is just to the point of earning his first contract and has gotten 2 raises that were uncalled for. the improvement on defense has changed my outlook on the whole season but i will stop short of thinking we can hang with lsu or bammer. if this d played this way we would have easily beaten clemson.

I enjoyed the D with the exception of the prevent-a-win D at the end. I thought we played so far off the ball we were going to create some Tubs like drama possibly letting them score. After what we did to Utah State I did not want FL getting a shot themselves.

Whoever is responsible for most of the progress deserves major props. It is a group effort, but either someone was holding back or possibly being held back. I don't want us to be reckless, but I prefer an attacking D.

War Eagle !

The Chiz is the man!!! The best grab as a HC for Auburn. I think Chizik has also decided to have more of an imput on defense this year than he did last year which I think has helped turn our defense into what it is now. Rood and Chizik working together is a win win. JMO

Even thoguh the defense played lights out last night, lets wait until we play LSU, Georgia and the Updykes before everyone starts jumping on the Roof bus. A good passing team that can also run like the wind has killed us in the past. Just look at Clemson and Arkansas. And yes, even Utah State which we only beat them by 4 points. They passed on us like crazy.

Even thoguh the defense played lights out last night, lets wait until we play LSU, Georgia and the Updykes before everyone starts jumping on the Roof bus. A good passing team that can also run like the wind has killed us in the past. Just look at Clemson and Arkansas. And yes, even Utah State which we only beat them by 4 points. They passed on us like crazy.

Jmo, but its not a matter of hopping on anyone's bandwagon. If people wanna give him #### when the defense looks bad, then they should be willing to say congrats when it looks good. I don't see the problem in that.

Archived