Seastrunk and potential (if unlikely) Auburn trouble

DyeCampAlum

Tennessee officially under investigation.  An assistant paid Willie Lyles for Seastrunk's unofficial visit to Knoxville with his mom.

Dennis Dodds tweets that he has reason to be confident that Lyles can implicate several schools.

No Chicken Little here -- I don't expect trouble -- but folks should know what some are saying.

As for UT, the NCAA should give them some kind of bye -- and ban Kiffin and his entire UT staff.  Sheesh.  FWIW, Lyles negotiated Seastrunk's immunity in return for his testimony.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that if AU was involved it would've come out by now. Too many people out to get them.

And they haven't even been implicated in the Oregon/LSU/Lyles paid services program.

This is just more potential mud slinging for the bams and media IMO

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of the NCAA's audit at AU   :wareagle:

it helps that he went on espn(i think) at the underarmor or army allstar game and told on camera that auburn/luper stoped calling him 2 weeks prior. he said he didnt know why but suspects lattimore was silent. i saw this clip but dont remember if it was on live tv or a web link.

UT is being looked at because the coach paid for LS's Visit not because he paid WL. That is just who he gave the money to. It all about the coach paying for the visit. Something else may come up if the Lyes services are deemed illegal.

If Auburn was implicated, it would be all over the place already since we have this "image" of being dirty, cheating birds because of the crap from the Cam Newton stuff. Since it isn't, we're fine.

If Auburn was implicated, it would be all over the place already since we have this "image" of being dirty, cheating birds because of the crap from the Cam Newton stuff. Since it isn't, we're fine.

Bama fans have already tried to get Auburn all tied up in it after it came up about Oregon. It didn't last long but every now and then you have one of them try to claim they know we are being investigated because of LS.

Bama fans have already tried to get Auburn all tied up in it after it came up about Oregon. It didn't last long but every now and then you have one of them try to claim they know we are being investigated because of LS.

Sure they do. Would you expect anything else? Now ask a true Auburn fan if bama cheats.

Sure they do. Would you expect anything else? Now ask a true Auburn fan if bama cheats.

I don't think bammer cheats, they are ala freakin' bama, they don't have to cheat and nothing you say will ever make me believe they cheat. If they cheated they would still be on probat...... Never mind.

I remember his recruitment and was told by a paystite mod that Auburn quit recruiting him, but he couldn't say why. He said Lache wanted to come to Auburn, but it was never going to happen. I think this is why Auburn pulled the plug on him now.JMO

Lache flushed it down the crapper , didn't he ? Poor kid had every opportunity and squandered it . Hate it for the kid.

Watch this interview of Seastrunk given a few days before the NCG.  I remember seeing the Oregon fans' reaction to it and they were POed big time.

http://www.thesportsbrewery.com/football/ncaa-football/pac10football/ducksfootball/lache-seastrunk-talks-auburn-oregon-fans-will-not-be-pleased

It is clear that Auburn pulled off of him (and it wouldn't surprise me if our coaches didn't tip the NCAA off re: Willie Lyles's solicitations, etc.)

We have nothing to fear in the upcoming Seastrunk revelations, if anything, they will vindicate our coaches and program.   

I remember his recruitment and was told by a paystite mod that Auburn quit recruiting him, but he couldn't say why. He said Lache wanted to come to Auburn, but it was never going to happen. I think this is why Auburn pulled the plug on him now.JMO

Yup. I remember all of  this. It was a great mystery for most of the AU recruiting junkies. We saw a GREAT football player that loved AU, and suddenly, for reasons no one knew, AU dropped the kid like a hot rock. There must be 200 threads in this boards history alone asking why we quit recruiting Seastrunk. AU has nothing to worry about in this.

On a related not, this stuff really sux. I was SOOOO looking forward to Seastrunk running in the Orange and Blue before all of that went down.

Yup. I remember all of  this. It was a great mystery for most of the AU recruiting junkies. We saw a GREAT football player that loved AU, and suddenly, for reasons no one knew, AU dropped the kid like a hot rock. There must be 200 threads in this boards history alone asking why we quit recruiting Seastrunk. AU has nothing to worry about in this.

On a related not, this stuff really sux. I was SOOOO looking forward to Seastrunk running in the Orange and Blue before all of that went down.

I too remember following the mystery of it all on here but nothing was divulged to give reasons why AU stopped recruiting him. Good reason they did pull out

Who organized Lache's visit to Auburn?  

It is obvious that Lyles was only involved for the money he could get from schools.  Lyles went way too far to get Lache qualified.  He was deeply involved with Lache early on in his recruitment.  I'm just wondering if Lyles only allowed Lache visit to the schools that he was compensated for?

Video got pulled, but I was laughing my butt off reading the article, man was that kid pissed off.

Seastrunk did not choose Auburn because Auburn chose not to pay off and get caught up the LS talent/ recruiting service.   Seastrunk saw $$s and went for the money.   Now he knows he screwed up.   He could have a BCS-NC ring right now if he had played the recruiting process straight up.   Guaranteed that if Auburn had come up with money, Seastrunk would be at Auburn right now.

Lache ended up at Oregon, so what did the Tennessee coach pay for?

Look, in all my years if following recruiting there gas NEVER been a more obvious case of a school suddenly dropping a 5* kid that loved that school and was thought previously to be a lock to that school. AU CLEARLY did the right thing.

[/quote

BSPN claims that an asst. wired his Mom and him $1,500 to pay for airfare for Lache and his mom to make an "unofficial" to UT. This is when kiffin was HC at UT.

Look, in all my years if following recruiting there gas NEVER been a more obvious case of a school suddenly dropping a 5* kid that loved that school and was thought previously to be a lock to that school. AU CLEARLY did the right thing.

I believe AU did the right thing too, I honestly do.  AU coaches backed away from the kid when they saw what was going on behind the scenes.

I still question Will Lyles involvement with the kid, that's all.  And, it's quite obvious that the NCAA is questioning the same thing, or they wouldn't be investigating the UT coaching staff right now.

Lyles accepted money from people in exchange for getting Lache to visit certain programs, is that against NCAA rules?

Archived