Is it just me or is Trotter...

AuburnWarVet

Honestly not trying to be a smarta$$ but what have you seen that makes you think that Trotter's decision making has progressed any since week 1?

He made better reads yesterday (outside of the 1st throw) and I thought he made the reads quicker than in the first game. At least the read to take off and run. The WR corp didn't help out at all last night. Without the two drops from Fulse, drop from Emory, drop from Q, and 2 or so drops out of the backfield and it turns his completion percentage from 57% to somewhere around 80%. And I'm only counting the throws that I thought should be caught every time.

How many of those "drops" could have been made if the ball was placed better, or had any kind of touch at all?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly not trying to be a smarta$$ but what have you seen that makes you think that Trotter's decision making has progressed any since week 1?

He made better reads yesterday (outside of the 1st throw) and I thought he made the reads quicker than in the first game. At least the read to take off and run. The WR corp didn't help out at all last night. Without the two drops from Fulse, drop from Emory, drop from Q, and 2 or so drops out of the backfield and it turns his completion percentage from 57% to somewhere around 80%. And I'm only counting the throws that I thought should be caught every time.

How many of those "drops" could have been made if the ball was placed better, or had any kind of touch at all?

I totally agree with this...my seats are on the 40 yard line and it was very easy for me to see how low the passes were coming in.  I do think he will get better though.

Sorry, that's not what I saw at all. I have been seeing a regression in Trotter since the first game not a progression. He seems to be getting worse to me than better.

I'd say there was only 2 of those passes that could've been placed better. Heck he hit Fulse in the hands twice, Quan Bray in the hands on a bubble screen,  Emory in the hands. They just dropped the ball.

I'm not saying he's made tremendous jumps week to week. He's made minimal improvement but I do believe he's improved.

If those catchable balls would have been caught, the drives sustained, and points scored, would this discussion be taking place today?  I'm sure some of you would still be calling for BT's removal, but would it be to this magnitude?

Don't leave off Stallworth's two drops when you make out your lists.

I believe the hits that Trotter has taken in the early games has affected his thought process. Because of the pick offs he is now starting to throw the ball low and short. Some QB's can take the hits some it really affects them, If you remember Cam would take and give the hits and just mad and mean.

If those catchable balls would have been caught, the drives sustained, and points scored, would this discussion be taking place today?  I'm sure some of you would still be calling for BT's removal, but would it be to this magnitude?

Don't leave off Stallworth's two drops when you make out your lists.

Yup. One of those would have been something like a 25 yard TD pass, too. Trotter hit him in stride and there was nothing but green between him and the end zone. The ball had a lot of zing on it, Div I WRs need to catch balls that hit them in both hands in stride, no matter how fast it's coming in.

We might  not win any of the other games with trotter as starting qb. He is a good back up but not a starter who has the win capability. He can not run or pass effectively and is mainly one dimensional.  

He just doesn't seem to be the leader this team needs. Just my opinion for what it is worth. He always looks down and out on the sideline. We need someone to step forward and lead this team.

I said the same thing Saturday night.  I saw him one time on the bench with his head hung down.  TALK to those guys, get them fired up

Archived