FAU v Auburn Game Thread

around4ever

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyer gets 14 carries,neither Moseley or Frazier get to run a complete series,against an FAU . :::::sigh:::::  :-\

I didn't really expect to see Dyer much tonight. We have a HUGE stretch starting Saturday and I expect to see a minimum of 20 carries a game from him over the next month.

Exactly.  Finally somebody gets it. 

Oh I get it, I get the fact that you have to commit to the run and not talk about it. So what you are saying is that all we heard this week about Dyer getting a lot more carries was just BS ? Do you also think that Dyer will "suddenly" get 25 carries a game against better defenses, when he didn't get those carries in the first 4 games even against 2 teams with inferior defenses ?  You think you get it ? ok  

Why get Dyer hurt or wear him out against FAU? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Well that doesn't directly address what I just posted but to your point. Did you see the vids of Dyer this week ? The kid was excited about getting the ball more like any great RB would. You could even see in the game how disappointed he was at times coming out of the game. Most good backs get stronger as the game goes along and they get more carries,including Dyer. You wont wear that kid out in fact the more you give it to him the stronger he will run.  As far as an injury, that can happen on just 1 play, to any of the kids out there.  

It's obvious, even when explained to you, that you just don't get it. Did we need Dyer to carry it 25 times tonight? Oh I get it, we should do it just to do it because Dyer is still learning the college game and needs the carries. Common sense, it is your friend.

Special Teams play continues to be solid.  Hate that Parkey missed a FG, but overall, happy with ST play.

That was on me. My bad. I jinxed him. My Dad called and we were talking while watching the game and I called Parkey money. It won't happen again. I am just a jinx.

Special Teams play continues to be solid.  Hate that Parkey missed a FG, but overall, happy with ST play.

That was on me. My bad. I jinxed him. My Dad called and we were talking while watching the game and I called Parkey money. It won't happen again. I am just a jinx.

You suck!  :tease:

You suck!   :tease:

yeah, when it left his foot I knew that one was on me.  :laugh:

I do not get the complaining about Dyer's carries. That is flat out stupid and a ridiculous talking point. We are about to go into one of the most brutal 4 game stretches I can EVER remember. We are about to play 4 consecutive games against 4 teams that are all top 12-15 teams including what is likely the best team in the country and 3 of them are road games! We need a fresh Dyer, period. If he had been a workhourse with 20-25 carries tonight when he didn't need to be, I would be FURIOUS with the coaches for being idiots. Fortunately our coaches are not idiots.

I was at the game, and well, I'm glad for the win, but we'll be lucky to win a game in October if this is the best we could do against FAU.

I was encouraged by the performance by TBell and Cody Parkey. Trotter was somewhat disappointing with the interception first possession of the game.

Just seemed mediocre. :-/

We could be bad and also have uniforms as ugly as West Virginia's.

profoundly thankful that we don't!!! at least that's a plus in our favor!

Dyer gets 14 carries,neither Moseley or Frazier get to run a complete series,against an FAU . :::::sigh:::::  :-\

I didn't really expect to see Dyer much tonight. We have a HUGE stretch starting Saturday and I expect to see a minimum of 20 carries a game from him over the next month.

Oh I get it, I get the fact that you have to commit to the run and not talk about it. So what you are saying is that all we heard this week about Dyer getting a lot more carries was just BS ? Do you also think that Dyer will "suddenly" get 25 carries a game against better defenses, when he didn't get those carries in the first 4 games even against 2 teams with inferior defenses ?  You think you get it ? ok  

Why get Dyer hurt or wear him out against FAU? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Well that doesn't directly address what I just posted but to your point. Did you see the vids of Dyer this week ? The kid was excited about getting the ball more like any great RB would. You could even see in the game how disappointed he was at times coming out of the game. Most good backs get stronger as the game goes along and they get more carries,including Dyer. You wont wear that kid out in fact the more you give it to him the stronger he will run.  As far as an injury, that can happen on just 1 play, to any of the kids out there.  

It's obvious, even when explained to you, that you just don't get it. Did we need Dyer to carry it 25 times tonight? Oh I get it, we should do it just to do it because Dyer is still learning the college game and needs the carries. Common sense, it is your friend.

Is there some reason you think you have the right to start with the ad hominem attacks on a fellow Auburn fan just because he doesnt agree with you ? I will tell you, things sure must be a lot different then when I was in school then.

Let me further explain it to you by giving you more details on what Dyer said this past week.

Averaging 16 carries a game, Dyer said he's " ready to run when called upon.  

It definitely excites me. But I'm going to do whatever my coaches tell me to do," Dyer said. "I'd definitely like the ball more.  

"Anybody who wants to lead the offense wants the ball in his hands more. I just do exactly what my coaches tell me to do and, if it's giving to me more than 25 times, I would definitely like that."

Chizik then said about this week:

"He was very productive, as we all know," Chizik said. "That's the reason I'm saying our aim is to get him the ball more."

It didn't happen which is what my original short post addressed. No mention of saving him,tiring him out, worrying about injuries, nothing of the things a couple of you brought up to keep from addressing the issue and what was actually expressed all week . Dyer said what he said and the Coaches said what they said. I also listened to and read every one of the interviews from last week,like always.

has stat tiger posted stats yet? I think we were beat on 1st downs and total ydage was about equal. Just wondering.

Is there some reason you think you have the right to start with the ad hominem attacks on a fellow Auburn fan just because he doesnt agree with you ? I will tell you, things sure must be a lot different then when I was in school then.

Let me further explain it to you by giving you more details on what Dyer said this past week.

It definitely excites me. But I'm going to do whatever my coaches tell me to do," Dyer said. "I'd definitely like the ball more.  

"Anybody who wants to lead the offense wants the ball in his hands more. I just do exactly what my coaches tell me to do and, if it's giving to me more than 25 times, I would definitely like that."

"He was very productive, as we all know," Chizik said. "That's the reason I'm saying our aim is to get him the ball more."

It didn't happen which is what my original short post addressed.

As has been poimted out time and time again. See how many carries he gets next Saturday, and the Saturday after that, and the..........Apparently you weren't around for the Bo days. Your head would have exploded watching him sit the entire second half of games like this.

has stat tiger posted stats yet? I think wr were beat on 1st downs and total ydage was about equal. Just wondering.

FAU had over 300 yds of Offense. Three times their usual output. The game was never in doubt in my mind.

As has been poimted out time and time again. See how many carries he gets next Saturday, and the Saturday after that, and the..........Apparently you weren't around for the Bo days. Your head would have exploded watching him sit the entire second half of games like this.

See that 70 in my name ? I was out several years before Bo came along my friend. I watched the Sullivan to Beasley combination from the stadium many times.

See that 70 in my name ? I was out several years before Bo came along my friend. I watched the Sullivan to Beasley combination from the stadium many times.

So were you bi*&ing when Bo sat the entire second half?

If the Coaches led the Fans to believe otherwise I might,sure. If not no. You see this isnt really about carries. You think a person shouldn't have a standard which holds themselves and other accountable for what they say in the expectations they communicate ?  Holding someone accountable to a high standard is far from bi*&ing. We need more people setting high standards, in football and life, not fewer. 

Winding it down,till next time. Goodnight my Friend.   

If the Coaches led the Fans to believe otherwise I might,sure. If not no. You see this isnt really about carries. You think a person shouldn't have a standard which holds themselves and other accountable for what they say in the expectations they communicate ?  Holding someone accountable to a high standard is far from bi*&ing. We need more people setting high standards, in football and life, not fewer. 

I could not agree more. My point is there are so many holes in our team to be concerned about. The amount of carries that Dyer gets, in a game where we really didn't need 10 carries from him, is really the least of our problems at the moment IMO.

We didn't look all that good.  But we finally threw a good-old fashioned screen pass to McCalebb to get him out in the open.  About stinking time!!  After I saw that, I thought we were going to start clicking.  But yeah, not converting on third and two's is still driving me crazy.  There was another play where we still missed 3 possible tackles on one of their third down runs.  That's still discouraging.

We are a beat up team fulse, omac, and reed hurt during the game.  Lutz, davis, ford, sullen, and evans, didn't even play tonight.  We need to get healthy fast. 

I just returned from the game and my orange & blue glasses have been knocked off of my head.  We have some serious problems ahead. If we couldn't hold this team to under 300 yards we are in for a tough time when we hit the meat of the SEC.

I just returned from the game and my orange & blue glasses have been knocked off of my head.  We have some serious problems ahead. If we couldn't hold this team to under 300 yards we are in for a tough time when we hit the meat of the SEC.

*sighs* it was a mediocre game at best; definitely not up to par with SEC standards. We've got a tough road ahead of us. I really hate the "well, maybe next year" syndrome, but it is what it is.

Part of setting high standards is learning how to achieve them. No one is born knowing how to do that. Experience is what teaches us how to win, and sometimes mistakes are a part of it. Nothing that is truly great comes easily.

I seriously doubt that this team, and these coaches have lowered any standards. Good Grief. :banghead:

I'm O&B through and through...with that said, with #14 at QB and the D as it is, I'd be surprised if we lose by less than 20 next weekend.

Sorry guys...I hate to say it, but that's my 100% honest opinion.

Great attitude.

That is about what the point spread will be so he isn't being unrealistic.

Well, then why are we spending the money to go to Columbia.  Just call them up and say you won.  Give me a break.  Support your team in good times and bad.  You just never know what this team is capable of.

I'm spending my hard earned money going up there to support our Tigers.  It's just an honest assessment of two people more than anything else...sorry if I've offended anyone...

Archived