FAU v Auburn Game Thread

around4ever

It's just like when Chris Todd was QB. He couldn't run either and the defense knew it didn't have to respect him keeping the ball, thus, load up the box and stop Dyer, Omac and Mason. I didn't expect BT to be another Cam but I thought he would be Crhis Todd part deux.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally am tired of people bashing the players and coaches. We all knew there were going to be growing pains this year with this young of a team. Most teams get to throw a couple of young guys into the fire and let them learn from mistakes throughout the season with the support of an experienced cast around them. We have young guys across the board and they are all making the same mistakes that every young college player does. They will get better as the season progresses and the competition gets better. This is the type of season that builds champions. Its going to be a long, grinding learning process and there are going to be losses, which is also something I believe will help this team in the future. Most of these kids were stars in high school and were recruited by the national championship team or to play for a national championship contender, losses suffered this season is going to leave a bitter taste in their mouth and they are going to be hungry next year, and experienced. So to all the fans out there casting stones we can't win a championship every year. I know the bar was set high last year but be patient, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!! War Eagle!!!

We have another week of practice before USCe. They are NOT world beaters by any stretch so far. An upset is possible given they probably won't take us seriously.

War Eagle !

I personally am tired of people bashing the players and coaches. We all knew there were going to be growing pains this year with this young of a team. Most teams get to throw a couple of young guys into the fire and let them learn from mistakes throughout the season with the support of an experienced cast around them. We have young guys across the board and they are all making the same mistakes that every young college player does. They will get better as the season progresses and the competition gets better. This is the type of season that builds champions. Its going to be a long, grinding learning process and there are going to be losses, which is also something I believe will help this team in the future. Most of these kids were stars in high school and were recruited by the national championship team or to play for a national championship contender, losses suffered this season is going to leave a bitter taste in their mouth and they are going to be hungry next year, and experienced. So to all the fans out there casting stones we can't win a championship every year. I know the bar was set high last year but be patient, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!! War Eagle!!!

Dude, I think you need to relax, no one is casting stones, this is a message board were we get together to talk Auburn Sports, among other things. You can't just come in here and bash everyone for their opinion. It's their opinion. When this is your boards, run it how you would like. Until then. relax. If we have a bad game, or if the Dis bad or if the O is bad, we are going to discuss it. If it's good, d or O we are going to discuss it. thats the way this works. I didn't see anyone throwing stones but you. everyone else just sharing opinions. Wether you agree or not.  Let the mods do their job. they do a great job of letting peeps know when they get out of control.

War Eagle.

14 carries for Dyer after our coaches admitted he needed more. This isn't on the players anymore, it's like our coaches don't want their jobs! What is the deal? Our coaches are stubbornly refusing to make adjustments or fix anything, even though they claim they will week after week. I don't get it. Do they not want to win or even look competitive? This game was disgusting.

Dyer gets 14 carries,neither Moseley or Frazier get to run a complete series,against an FAU . :::::sigh:::::  :-\

I didn't really expect to see Dyer much tonight. We have a HUGE stretch starting Saturday and I expect to see a minimum of 20 carries a game from him over the next month.

Dyer gets 14 carries,neither Moseley or Frazier get to run a complete series,against an FAU . :::::sigh:::::  :-\

I didn't really expect to see Dyer much tonight. We have a HUGE stretch starting Saturday and I expect to see a minimum of 20 carries a game from him over the next month.

Exactly.  Finally somebody gets it. 

This game was a little more than a scrimmage. We won easily. There were a lot of young players in the game. There were a lot of bright spots as well as some dull ones. It will get better. These are good athletes that have been recruited to Auburn University.

Dude, I think you need to relax, no one is casting stones, this is a message board were we get together to talk Auburn Sports, among other things. You can't just come in here and bash everyone for their opinion. It's their opinion. When this is your boards, run it how you would like. Until then. relax. If we have a bad game, or if the Dis bad or if the O is bad, we are going to discuss it. If it's good, d or O we are going to discuss it. thats the way this works. I didn't see anyone throwing stones but you. everyone else just sharing opinions. Wether you agree or not.  Let the mods do their job. they do a great job of letting peeps know when they get out of control.

War Eagle.

Agree

Oh I get it, I get the fact that you have to commit to the run and not talk about it. So what you are saying is that all we heard this week about Dyer getting a lot more carries was just BS ? Do you also think that Dyer will "suddenly" get 25 carries a game against better defenses, when he didn't get those carries in the first 4 games even against 2 teams with inferior defenses ?  You think you get it ? ok  

Oh I get it, I get the fact that you have to commit to the run and not talk about it. So what you are saying is that all we heard this week about Dyer getting a lot more carries was just BS ? Do you also think that Dyer will "suddenly" get 25 carries a game against better defenses, when he didn't get those carries in the first 4 games even against 2 teams with inferior defenses ?  You think you get it ? ok  

Why get Dyer hurt or wear him out against FAU? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

You guys need to change your tampons and put your big girl panties on. It is going to be a long year. It isn't the end of the world. Changes will be made to better us. Until then hold on and enjoy the game.

I don't get it?? Why get Dyer hurt or wear him out against FAU? That makes absolutely no sense at all. As 10 says

You guys need to change your tampons and put your big girl panties on. It is going to be a long year. It isn't the end of the world. Changes will be made to better us. Until then hold on and enjoy the game.

I don't think there will be after this year

I am mainly disappointed that the offense could not get in a good enough rhythm to bring in the backups.  While our coaches probably knew we would win when we were up, they were trying to get our 1s some reps.  That is what was so disappointing to me.

I don't think there will be after this year

The changes could be staff wise. We will see. Our boys are playing hard. I trust in chizik to right the ship staff wise

Find where the coaches said "this week" in regards to Dyer.  They didn't.  They said he would get more touches. Period.  Why run him 25 times against FAU?  Why take a chance on getting him banged up by running him that many times?   We will need him for the next 8 weeks.  We didn't need him tonight.

Why get Dyer hurt or wear him out against FAU? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Well that doesn't directly address what I just posted but to your point. Did you see the vids of Dyer this week ? The kid was excited about getting the ball more like any great RB would. You could even see in the game how disappointed he was at times coming out of the game. Most good backs get stronger as the game goes along and they get more carries,including Dyer. You wont wear that kid out in fact the more you give it to him the stronger he will run.  As far as an injury, that can happen on just 1 play, to any of the kids out there.  

Same response as to the above post to WarEagle10 .

Find where the coaches said "this week" in regards to Dyer.  They didn't.  They said he would get more touches. Period.  Why run him 25 times against FAU?  Why take a chance on getting him banged up by running him that many times?   We will need him for the next 8 weeks.  We didn't need him tonight.

Same response as to WarEagle10 above.

Archived