FAU v Auburn Game Thread

around4ever

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm O&B through and through...with that said, with #14 at QB and the D as it is, I'd be surprised if we lose by less than 20 next weekend.

Sorry guys...I hate to say it, but that's my 100% honest opinion.

Great attitude.

Guest Apraser99

Why can't we tackle?   I hate to say it but I watched Alabama today and they damn sure tackle when they get a hand on you. Fellas that is coaching and if you can't get the guys to wrap up, replace them. I'd rather have a guy who gets out of position from time to time that tackles well than a headhunter who knew where to be at all times but refused to use proper tackling fundamentals. That really pisses me off.

I'm O&B through and through...with that said, with #14 at QB and the D as it is, I'd be surprised if we lose by less than 20 next weekend.

Great attitude.

That is about what the point spread will be so he isn't being unrealistic.

Great attitude.

I feel he has an accurate opinion on this. Unless we are looking WAY ahead.....this is gonna be a long season 300 or so yards against an offense that averaged 97 a game.

Not pretty but you couldn't expect much out of this game. The D gave up way too many yards and were still aweful on 3rd down considering the competition and last week. Still they did get a pick 6 and basically gave up 1 td and 1 fg (the early int set FAU up for the first fg).

Better second half. Ugly game overall. Like I said though, couldn't really expect much out of this game. I do think the team played hard, but our tackling is still aweful. We do not get our head across in front of the defenders body. It is constantly on the backside resulting in arm tackles.

Guest Apraser99

I guess we will have to wait until Samford to see Frazier.

That's a negative. Trotter will not play all games if our oline doesn't get much better. He will get killed the next few weeks.

Why can't we tackle?   I hate to say it but I watched Alabama today and they damn sure tackle when they get a hand on you. Fellas that is coaching and if you can't get the guys to wrap up, replace them. I'd rather have a guy who gets out of position from time to time that tackles well than a headhunter who knew where to be at all times but refused to use proper tackling fundamentals. That really pisses me off.

I have to agree. It is a glaring problem.

Great attitude.

I feel he has an accurate opinion on this. Unless we are looking WAY ahead.....this is gonna be a long season 300 or so yards against an offense that averaged 97 a game.

Why beat a dead horse. We all know that this defense has a long way to go. They are young and somewhat undercoached. IMO.

We won tonight and we might surprise some people.

Great attitude.

That is about what the point spread will be so he isn't being unrealistic.

Well, then why are we spending the money to go to Columbia.  Just call them up and say you won.  Give me a break.  Support your team in good times and bad.  You just never know what this team is capable of.

A couple things I noticed is bump n run was affective but the middle of the field is still the soft spot.....bell needs to be replace by therezie...he makes multiple mental mistakes and missed tackles every drive....dyer was being held back tonite to keep him fresh....finally I've been happy with trotter and I'm a fan but if this offense doesn't start clicking we will see a shake up

Happy with the Win.......but it sure looks like we're gonna have some big problems the next few weeks.  A very weak team just looked too good against us (on both sides of the ball)

They average 92 yards per game

NEWS FLASH 301 against us :banghead:

Look on the bright side. That's about half the average we give up.  :)

:laugh:Way to look at the bright side!

Guest Apraser99

A couple things I noticed is bump n run was affective but the middle of the field is still the soft spot.....bell needs to be replace by therezie...he makes multiple mental mistakes and missed tackles every drive....dyer was being held back tonite to keep him fresh....finally I've been happy with trotter and I'm a fan but if this offense doesn't start clicking we will see a shake up

Middle of the field is soft because our LB do not get a deep enough drop. When they did Holland got the pick. I agree about Bell. He has heart but his fundamentals suck.

My wife asked me how did we do tonight, my response was if we play like this we are gonna get our asses handed to us. not just next weekend but through te whole month of October. She said a on a platter? I sad No on a silver platter. her response ...Oh s***!

I'm happy about the win, but it feels like 2009 again, I don't feel good about the win. This year is gona be a tough year.

Hopefully another week will help the Defense matue a little more, we saw sparks of good D tonight. Hope they improve even more over the next week.

WAR DAMN EAGLE! Win or Lose I'm Still "All In"

Archived