i am not an expert but the best i can remember

aubiefifty

when coach roof was the d guy at ga tech it seemed like they always had awesome d's. i think he got a head coaching job at duke for his awesome d's at tech. does anyone remember what he ran then in contrast to what we run now? does anyone really think its youth?

But its a big part of the Reason

Maybe.  Or maybe the youth is just highlighting problems that already existed.  We weren't young last year, and there were many of the same kinds of problems that are killing us right now.  Basic things like proper angles and tackling.  Maybe last year we just had enough individual talent to overcome some coaching issues.  I don't know, but I'm starting to lean that way more and more.  Just a thought.

But its a big part of the Reason

Not according to Head Coach of the Auburn Tigers Gene Chizik.

Gene Chizik on "youth" excuse, "we have no more new players anymore, we don't even breathe that word around here, that's not true anymore."

tackling is the main issue in my mind. we dont want to wrap up. i dont understand the piont of always trying for the big hit or just trying to take the legs out. but tackling fundamentals need to be reestablish asap. the problems were having are fixable and need to be corrected. all of our mistakes are actually small in the big scheme of things. other offenses cant see the problems and they exploit them. its not rocket science!

Archived