Preseason

Rednilla

Before this season started, someone asked what our Achilles Heel would be. I responded that it might well be us, the fans, if we turn on the team at the first sign of trouble. Yes, the coaches are part of the team, and I've been hearing too many cries of how inept the defensive coaching has been. I've even seen criticisms of last year's national championship team where AU fans have largely discounted our success as purely offensive...but a mere glance at the numbers shows that while we had issues defending the pass, our rush defense was 11th in the country.

Sometimes, we need to just grit our teeth and bear it. There will be pains this season, there is no doubt, especially with the brutal schedule that lies ahead. THIS IS WHEN THEY NEED US MOST!!! We need to be there every game, getting loud and proud and letting them know how much we appreciate them even through the tough times. Such support also serves as a recruiting tool, because incoming players want to know that we've got their backs no matter what. Let's live up to that "best fans in football" billing that Chizik gave us by not turning on one another and making like another fan base I know of...

Before this season started, someone asked what our Achilles Heel would be. I responded that it might well be us, the fans, if we turn on the team at the first sign of trouble. Yes, the coaches are part of the team, and I've been hearing too many cries of how inept the defensive coaching has been. I've even seen criticisms of last year's national championship team where AU fans have largely discounted our success as purely offensive...but a mere glance at the numbers shows that while we had issues defending the pass, our rush defense was 11th in the country.

Sometimes, we need to just grit our teeth and bear it. There will be pains this season, there is no doubt, especially with the brutal schedule that lies ahead. THIS IS WHEN THEY NEED US MOST!!! We need to be there every game, getting loud and proud and letting them know how much we appreciate them even through the tough times. Such support also serves as a recruiting tool, because incoming players want to know that we've got their backs no matter what. Let's live up to that "best fans in football" billing that Chizik gave us by not turning on one another and making like another fan base I know of...

No one is turning on their team. They are simply questioning the inept techniques that is being coached on defense. That is all. No one is against any of these young men.

No one is turning on their team. They are simply questioning the inept techniques that is being coached on defense. That is all. No one is against any of these young men.

^^^ I totally agree with Farmer Brown. Nobody is knocking the kids and for the most part we are venting. We all love AU and we are just trying to understand whats going on here.

Again, the coaches are part of the team, too, and quite a few people have been calling for Roof to be fired.

I would add that if I had to choose which 2 or 3 games we would loose, this nonconference game would have been one of them.  And I have to think the coaches would agree.  I would like to go back to atl this year.

Again, the coaches are part of the team, too, and quite a few people have been calling for Roof to be fired.

Roof is paid $400,000 a year. The players are paid nothing but an education. He is part of the staff not the team. IMO. There has to be a change of some kind. 117th behind UAB and Troy is not a very good position. I believe in these young men but I don't believe in Roof. I am sure that he is a good man. This has nothing to do with Coach Ted Roof's character. I just question his abilities as a defensive coach. I hope he turns it around and has the greatest success ever. But, I bet it doesn't happen.

Roof is paid $400,000 a year. The players are paid nothing but an education. He is part of the staff not the team. IMO. There has to be a change of some kind. 117th behind UAB and Troy is not a very good position. I believe in these young men but I don't believe in Roof. I am sure that he is a good man. This has nothing to do with Coach Ted Roof's character. I just question his abilities as a defensive coach. I hope he turns it around and has the greatest success ever. But, I bet it doesn't happen.

To argue whether the the staff is or isn't part of the team is to argue over semantics. Saying the staff is not part of the team is just dumb. :banghead:

To argue whether the the staff is or isn't part of the team is to argue over semantics. Saying the staff is not part of the team is just dumb. :banghead:

this^^^^ Cmon folks

:pcprobs:

This is not all about losing one game.  If that is all it is about, we all ought to be ashamed of ourselves. I am not.

To me it is about a cold evaluation of the coaching means and methods  and what they say about our future.  Dot discounting

18 out of 17, our defense is not doing a good job giving up yards and is not sound in the fundamentals.

It starts with the head coach who is responsible for overall results.  Then it follows to the  coordinators and position

coaches and their area of responsibility. No one can say we have not had success overall going from an 8 win to undefeated but I challenge anyone to say that the  overall trend for the last three years on D has been good. The 3 year test drive and break in is over.  The  fact the future does not look good considering the past results  is there for everyone to see. 

I and most AU people are not down on the team.  I will not boo, tolerate it  or have anything negative to say

about players or my school.  Our  coaches  are hired to be professionals and  are appreciated .

As with all professionals theyare paid to produce.  But we need to see  improvement in the basics so we can have some patience and faith in your ability to get it built for the future.  So let the pros be pros and fix it and we'll try to be patient.

I promise you what happened at Clemson will not be accepted by this coaching staff. Auburn coaches expect the best from the 11 on the field and we expect the best from the coaches on the sideline. Coach Chizik said we are here to win championships. Tradition never graduates.  To tolerate mediocrity from a coach or a player will not build championship teams.  Coach Chizik said it was time to reevaluate.  We will see. 

Archived