Crazy. 29-0 before other team touches the ball...

Wasn't sure where top put this since it is high school football,  but Pulaski Academy (AR)   scored 29 unanswered points while Cabot (AR) never got to touch the ball..... 

For those that are outside arkansas ,  Pulaski academy runs a high scoring, hurry-up and never punt offense that usually goes for 2.

This is crazy,  and must be some kind of record.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Arkansas-power-leads-team-29-0-before-it-can-run?urn=highschool-wp5870

Innovation. Football is not a static sport. BUT traditional uniforms shouldn't be monkeyed with. At least nothing radical. :)

As crazy as it sounds, the coach makes some good points.  And it seems to work for them. 

Pulaski academy is a private high school that awards scholly to athletes.  I donot know how legal it is,  but htey recruit across the state.  Cabot is a redneck school from a pretty big country town/city

PA's coach definitely goes against the grain.  He is considered "the Mad Scientist" here in Arkansas.  

I make scouting videos,  and filmed a few of their games last year.  PA  usually throws the ball allover the field.  hurry up , pass happy offense.   I was assigned a different game last night,  but I thought the  PA vs Cabot would be a better game.

Cabot runs a hurry up no huddle that is 85% run.  Last year, Cabot (may have been conway not cabot, but I think I am correct) used a lot of motion  with RB's and WR criss crossing  right in front of the QB.  That created a 5 way hand-off option at the point of attack.  IE...RB may go between Center and L Guard,  other RB may go between Tackle and R Guard,  FB may go  around outside of the TE on the the R side of the line,  and QB may run down the L side of the lline trying to get to the corner.  A WR or 2 going the other way behind the line.  each route changes direction multiple times, with motion men starting before the snap.  insane to watch,  but tons of fun.  

Every play kind of reminds me of Tuberville's "around-the-world"  kick return play we used vs Michigan a few years ago.  It is very fun to watch,  but very difficult to film.  I had a very hard time following the ball,  and caught myself  filming the wrong runner more than half the time.  I would love to see AU run this kind of attack.  Even if just for a few plays.  

I'll try to get motivated enough to find  some clips of Cabot's startegy and post the this week.  It is just as strange as Pulaski Academy's..

Archived