Defensive philosophy

eulessau

I've never coached football, so I imagine someone who has will be able to shoot this theory full of holes.  It seems to me that when you run an offense that wants to go fast and hopefully score quickly and often, that you would not want to play a bend but don't break defense.  It tends to leave your defense on the field too long, and subsequently keeps your offense on the bench.  Why not gamble more, hoping for turnovers or big negative plays?  I know we are inexperienced, but I actually think that is even more reason to take this approach.

I've never coached football, so I imagine someone who has will be able to shoot this theory full of holes.  It seems to me that when you run an offense that wants to go fast and hopefully score quickly and often, that you would not want to play a bend but don't break defense.  It tends to leave your defense on the field too long, and subsequently keeps your offense on the bench.  Why not gamble more, hoping for turnovers or big negative plays?  I know we are inexperienced, but I actually think that is even more reason to take this approach.

Exactly what I think as well. Last weaks game was a perfect example of what you're speaking of.

Archived