After Consideration

Rednilla

I must say that I probably did overreact to the exodus from the game. Reports seem to be that it was not nearly as substantial as ESPN would have had us believe, just more BS from their side. I still don't like people leaving, and I still have the issues with their leaving that I did before, but being that it was not on the scale that was implied, I don't have so much issue with it. Ergo, consider this my apology.

*EDIT* Sorry Stat, didn't see your thread with the same title.

I know a lOt of people that went to the game and left early because they felt sick from the heat or were torched by the sun. Which is why I'm tired of everyone saying the auburn family and fans were bad that game. Sorry but no matter how much I love auburn I will not gI've up my health. Oh well.

I know a lOt of people that went to the game and left early because they felt sick from the heat or were torched by the sun. Which is why I'm tired of everyone saying the auburn family and fans were bad that game. Sorry but no matter how much I love auburn I will not gI've up my health. Oh well.

If they left just because of the heat, why did they wait until there were only four minutes left in the game? Why not at halftime?

If they left just because of the heat, why did they wait until there were only four minutes left in the game? Why not at halftime?

that was my thought, sounds like an excuse to make themselves feel better.  I am sure there were a few people, Golf's Age that had to  leave, but the ones that were leaving when BSPN showed them did not fit that description.

Agreed Red! The quote stating people were sick or burned is silly - all summer long, people are out in the sun for 3-4 hours and are just fine. There is water available and it only takes a little preparation.....No matter how anyone wants to spin it, it was embarrassing. I am glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as bspn made it look on TV but it was a sad moment for our family, regardless of what happened in the game. No excuses for it!! War Eagle!

Agreed Red! The quote stating people were sick or burned is silly - all summer long, people are out in the sun for 3-4 hours and are just fine. There is water available and it only takes a little preparation.....No matter how anyone wants to spin it, it was embarrassing. I am glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as bspn made it look on TV but it was a sad moment for our family, regardless of what happened in the game. No excuses for it!! War Eagle!

There's a reason ESPN only showed a close-up of one tunnel. Had they shown the entire stadium it would have still appeared to be full for the most part.

The people standing on the rails watching werent leaving because of the heat. They just didnt leave quickly enough to get out before the comeback started.

I think another part of it was that a lot of people had planned to leave at the ned of the third q, with a few minutes left, etc. They had planned around doing that, and when the game seemed out of reach...they left.

There was a noticeable amount of empty seats after halftime.  Not like it was EMPTY, but you could tell a lot of people left at halftime, it thinned progressively throughout the 2nd half.  Not many people left when Utah went up 10.  There was actually a discussion at our tailgate - by people who had not seen the broadcast - about how so many people stayed in their seats until the end. 

I haven't seen the ESPN broadcast, but I'm blown away by the sentiment that people thought fans left early because we were down.  That's pure garbage.

Seemed like there were still 70K-75K after the 3:08 exodus.

Actually, there were probably more...which was the purpose of my starting this thread: for going overboard with my criticisms when they should have been directed more at ESPN.

There was a noticeable amount of empty seats after halftime.  Not like it was EMPTY, but you could tell a lot of people left at halftime, it thinned progressively throughout the 2nd half.  Not many people left when Utah went up 10.  There was actually a discussion at our tailgate - by people who had not seen the broadcast - about how so many people stayed in their seats until the end. 

I haven't seen the ESPN broadcast, but I'm blown away by the sentiment that people thought fans left early because we were down.  That's pure garbage.

Again, this is why I started this thread. Those who honestly left because of the heat get a pass; I still don't really agree with it, but I understand it and don't begrudge them for it.

FWIW...I was there and didn't notice any "mass exodus". Read some posts on here after the game and was surprised. It wasn't until I watched the replay today that I understood why. They first showed the close up right after they went up by 10. Then the announcer mentioned it 2 or 3 more times before the game ended. Think they were trying to be paint a picture and over did it. I, like most on here, am with the team til the end always. Celebrating a win and lamenting a loss are part of the game. Seems a bit hypocritical to stay for one but not the other.

I'm sorry but its normal for fans to usually leave if there team is down. It happens to every team in every sport. Me personally I would never leave the game early no matter what unless its a emergency. All I'm saying is there is unfaithful fans in every fan base and every sport but look what happens if you leave early it can bite you in the butt!!!

I'm sorry but its normal for fans to usually leave if there team is down. It happens to every team in every sport. Me personally I would never leave the game early no matter what unless its a emergency. All I'm saying is there is unfaithful fans in every fan base and every sport but look what happens if you leave early it can bite you in the butt!!!

I'm not saying you're wrong, because you're not, but we pride ourselves on being different, hence my frustration level earlier. However, again, I think the exodus was vastly overplayed, and I do understand that there are a few in any bunch that are fair weather supporters.

I don't mean to nitpick. But there's a difference between being out in the sun for 3-4 hours during the summer than literally standing in a bowl next to 87000 other people emitting body heat and a noon sun bearing down. My shirt was soaked when I left and that's after working as a lifeguard this summer where I would be out in the sun for 6 hours at a time.

On another note. I know a lot of my fraternity brothers left and many other people left so they could go drunk and since the game was on espn2 they knew they could still watch. That was my plan originally but with how close the game was I stayed.

Yes, the director in the truck asked every cameraman to find the worst looking row of people leaving the stadium and make sure to get than on the air so that Auburn would look bad  Dang ESPN conspiracy!  :-\  Seriously, this is such a stupid thing to complain about.  There are so many different reasons to leave a game a little early.  I personally wouldn't have left, but I'm not going to question anyone's love of Auburn over it. 

Yes, the director in the truck asked every cameraman to find the worst looking row of people leaving the stadium and make sure to get than on the air so that Auburn would look bad  Dang ESPN conspiracy!  :-\  Seriously, this is such a stupid thing to complain about.   There are so many different reasons to leave a game a little early.  I personally wouldn't have left, but I'm not going to question anyone's love of Auburn over it. 

^^^^ This!!^^^^

I live and breathe Auburn daily! I left my seat in the fourth quarter to go stand under the stadium to watch it on tv with several other fans to get a break from the sun! I was already scorched and burnt!  There was no way I was gonna leave the stadium until the last second had came of that clock! So just cause people left there seats doesn't mean they left the stadium!  I just pray to God it isn't near as hot sat as it was this past sat! Plus I want be getting drunk the night before a 11:00 o'clock game again! Whew hangovers are rough! :timeout:

Archived