Auburn logos....

Guest wareaglekev

Does anyone have a picture of the old Aubie with the head that started this thread but with the full body?  I have tried searching for it and cannot find it on the Internet.  My uncle had the decal on his car in the 60s.

I have it around here somewhere.. will dig it up!! body is much smaller in comparison with the head and is standing on all four paws

and for the record... the old school Aubie posted has been retouched w newer colors.. here is the original:

olaubiewbeanie.jpg

THAT's the one i am looking for!

body goes from left to right under the head... I have this on a porcelain 'thing' that i've owned all my life... passed down.... and i've only seen this logo a handful of other times on stuff.... Now to find where i've stored it!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUPoc, I have a porcelain whiskey decanter in the shape of a tiger that says "Hold That Tiger" in white letters on the side. Is that what you have? This thing is older than I am.

AUPoc, I have a porcelain whiskey decanter in the shape of a tiger that says "Hold That Tiger" in white letters on the side. Is that what you have? This thing is older than I am.

Your's sounds much more interesting Weegs, esp the whiskey part lol ...its more like a photo on a stand

Does anyone have a picture of the old Aubie with the head that started this thread but with the full body?  I have tried searching for it and cannot find it on the Internet.  My uncle had the decal on his car in the 60s.

This is the only Aubie I remember seeing with the full body.

9e33dd1c.jpg

Weegs thanks for posting. I had that one in the back of my car window. I went through 3 before I got it right :laugh: You had to soak it in water and apply to the inside of the window. Once it was on, it was on for good. 1986. Oh the good ole days :thumbsup:

I have it around here somewhere.. will dig it up!! body is much smaller in comparison with the head and is standing on all four paws

and for the record... the old school Aubie posted has been retouched w newer colors.. here is the original:

olaubiewbeanie.jpg

THAT's the one i am looking for!

J&M Bookstore in Auburn. I have 5 at home. I picked them up back in April.

Those are really old logo's. However, there the best logo's. I remember seeing those stickers on everything when I had season tickets in the 70s & 80s. I love lold things having to do with Auburn.

Oh yeah.

Ha! Ha! Kevon I remember those old stickers, you either got it on the window smoothly the first time or you rode around with a wrinkled one! No static stickers back then!

Your's sounds much more interesting Weegs, esp the whiskey part lol ...its more like a photo on a stand

From what I have found, I think Auburn, Missouri, and LSU had these same decanters made for each school. They are all identical though.

Aubie...love those....had them on about everything I owned during my time at AU 1959-64.    Don't think they have improved on them in the years since....though I do like the interlocking AU.

This is the only Aubie I remember seeing with the full body.

9e33dd1c.jpg

Weegs thanks for posting. I had that one in the back of my car window. I went through 3 before I got it right :laugh: You had to soak it in water and apply to the inside of the window. Once it was on, it was on for good. 1986. Oh the good ole days :thumbsup:

I did, too! I've always thought that was one bada$$ Tiger!! :thumbsup:

I've never seen this one before:

f32635ea.jpg

Egad... I'm old and I don't remeber this?

:believe:

Why would anyone want to remember that?! As my son would say, "That's sooooo gay!"

:believe:

Try this

That is one of them, the other had the hat on and a more smug look on his face.  Thanks! This one will work for what I am doing!  I appreciate everyone' help!  War Eagle!

I like it, but this one always kind of reminded me of the Anheiser-Busch logo:

logo_auburn_war_bird.jpg

anheuser-busch_logo_graphic_element_on_white.jpg

Sheer coincidence!!!! ;D

I like it, but this one always kind of reminded me of the Anheiser-Busch logo:

logo_auburn_war_bird.jpg

anheuser-busch_logo_graphic_element_on_white.jpg

Sheer coincidence!!!! ;D

I'm sure.  :-\  At least ours doesn't look like something from the Nazi surplus store.

I'd love to get a big A with the eagle for the back window of my truck.

Anyone seen where  to get one?

I'm still fairly new to this board... when I first opened this thread, I truly thought it was a joke (kind of like the blue helmets and orange facemasks thing). I recognize every one of these logos with the exception of the "stoned tiger" and I miss them all. I, too, own the hat with the old school Aubie. it's my all time favorite. btw, I remember the orange facemasks too! Now I feel old :)

The A with the eagle flying through it is my favorite AU logo, not based on looks alone, but due to sentimental attachment.  It was on a bean bag chair that my Aunt gave me one Christmas as a kid, and every time I see the logo, it is a reminder of childhood memories, and of people I love.   

It's been my signature pic for a while now as well.

I have three car tags with the eagle flying through the A. 2 blue and 1 white. I've got a blue one on my truck right now, and I'm keeping the others to rotate out when it wears out. I found them at a thrift shop for like $5 a piece, so that was an awesome find.

Does anyone know where to buy the "Disney Tiger"? I bought one from Kinnucan's several years ago for my sister-in-law and have been kicking myself for not getting one for me. Thanks in advance.

Guest wareaglekev

Id buy a tee shirt with ole stony the tiger!!....its off, but alot of vintage stuff is too....Id bet its probably 20's to 30's in origin....Wheres our Auburn historians? ...and can we come up with any more historical logos?

Archived