It's gettin good

tigerjeffm

I thought the same thing while the game was going...but how would they ever get them?  Leak?  After the half time adjustments probably the best half of football in Auburns history.

I thought the same thing while the game was going...but how would they ever get them?  Leak?  After the half time adjustments probably the best half of football in Auburns history.

That's a good question. It might be that they deciphered the signals through game film or something, but other than that I don't know.

That's a good question. It might be that they deciphered the signals through game film or something, but other than that I don't know.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLNL76cp8UZsdzCWPPopMdUttOHvbYe5FNWBYWoNWwy3Y5ofbR:dunno:

How they got them I cannot decipher. All I know is that they damn sure had them. Period. It's obvious

I know how they got them but I cannot tell you due to advice from my legal counsel.

BEST. IRON. BOWL. EVER.

:zapbama::beatmullet:

17/16 pretty dang close if not better

The series is littered with spectacular games, but I don't think Punt Bama Punt was quite on the level of The Beatdown in T-town (though you're right that it's pretty danged close). Main reason I say that is because it was more of a full game; in 72, Auburn had no offense, we just came back on a couple of blocked kicks. The magnitude of the game on the national level makes a difference, too, as does the location. I understand the Amazins were 9-1 and Bama would have played for it all if they'd won, but I think it's a bigger deal to have won the national championship because of the win than to keep Bama out of it.

We just came back on a couple of blocked kicks. Auburn had no offense, we just came back on a couple of blocked kicks.

Well at 9 minutes turd fans were leaving thinking they had already won 16-3. I understand THE game was not played at turd stadium but B'ham is just as bad.We had no Cam, we had no Darvin, we had no Dyer or Omac althought Terry H. could run for 3 yards if lucky. Both teams found, key word, found a way to win. But the biggest plus is we had Shug................ I think they are equal.................. Maybe

BEST. IRON. BOWL. EVER.

The series is littered with spectacular games, but I don't think Punt Bama Punt was quite on the level of The Beatdown in T-town (though you're right that it's pretty danged close). Main reason I say that is because it was more of a full game; in 72, Auburn had no offense, we just came back on a couple of blocked kicks. The magnitude of the game on the national level makes a difference, too, as does the location. I understand the Amazins were 9-1 and Bama would have played for it all if they'd won, but I think it's a bigger deal to have won the national championship because of the win than to keep Bama out of it.

Having watched both in real time, I agree totally.

We just came back on a couple of blocked kicks. Auburn had no offense, we just came back on a couple of blocked kicks.

Well at 9 minutes turd fans were leaving thinking they had already won 16-3. I understand THE game was not played at turd stadium but B'ham is just as bad.We had no Cam, we had no Darvin, we had no Dyer or Omac althought Terry H. could run for 3 yards if lucky. Both teams found, key word, found a way to win. But the biggest plus is we had Shug................ I think they are equal.................. Maybe

Did you quote me twice for emphasis, or are you just having trouble with that dadgum computer contraption thingy? :tease:

And I don't mean to take anything away from Punt Bama Punt; the suddenness of the comeback goes a long way as well, as does the overwhelming public opinion that Bama would pound us into the ground (and the fact that the Bama radio station even started playing the broadcast of the #1 team's game because they thought it was completely wrapped up). Still, this is the kicker for me:

I think it's a bigger deal to have won the national championship because of the win than to keep Bama out of it.

17-16 was special because as much as anyone may have wanted to win, you couldn't seriously have thought that we really were going to win that game.  I still believe it was divine intervention.  It is still the most exciting finish to any game I have ever seen.

I also remember a bammer  saying that auburn seemed to know what play bama was going to run in the 2009 iron bowl. 

Probably a good idea for auburn to change our signals every few games to throw the game film watchers off. 

BEST. IRON. BOWL. EVER.

That one was good golf, but it did not lead to a NC...this one did.

I also remember a bammer  saying that auburn seemed to know what play bama was going to run in the 2009 iron bowl.   

Probably a good idea for auburn to change our signals every few games to throw the game film watchers off. 

Auburn DID know what play Bama was going to run in the 09 Iron Bowl, but not from stealing signals. They were just so predictable that Josh Bynes was reading the offensive formation and screaming out which way they were going. :laugh:

If Q. Carr doesn't fumble that punt in the third we beat them by a couple of scores!!

And if Fairley doesn't get that COMPLETELY bogus celebration penalty, Bama could well have gotten blown out...Mark Slabaugh (sp?) got it right when he said that in spite of what Bama fans delusionally believe, Auburn really was that much better last year.

If Q. Carr doesn't fumble that punt in the third we beat them by a couple of scores!!

And if Fairley doesn't get that COMPLETELY bogus celebration penalty, Bama could well have gotten blown out...Mark Slabaugh (sp?) got it right when he said that in spite of what Bama fans delusionally believe, Auburn really was that much better last year.

That was the worst call I've ever seen.

How they got them I cannot decipher. All I know is that they damn sure had them. Period. It's obvious

I know how they got them but I cannot tell you due to advice from my legal counsel.

And, fear that your source might lose his job and pension, too. Right?  :laugh:

Even if they did have the offensive signals, you have to admit that they hung a bunch of points on our defense in that first half.  I realize that if we had been able to score (assume they do not have our signals) then  there would not have been the 24 point defeceit to overcome.  I think a lot of the anger and "revenge" out there now is from misdirected anger that they are not able to place the blame on their own team and coaches for giving up a 24 point lead.

That was the worst call I've ever seen.

Then the officials rubbed it in by ignoring Marcel Darius when he did much worse than Fairley.  Objectively, Fairley's reaction to making that fantastic defensive play was about was about the equivalent of a couple of fist pumps.  The call must have been premeditated (planned) by the officials.  They were waiting for Fairley to make a play so they could throw a flag.  When the play turned out to be completely legal, they basically fabricated a penalty.  We can probably thank the whiners from UGA for the penalty.  Their cries and moans were heard world wide.  I think they are still sniveling to do this day.

Archived