forgive me, but

DyeCampAlum

Stat's recent post about experience leads me to think we might really get punished this year.  We'll have great kids all over the field, but many of them will be short on experience and Yoxification.  I think we could have an outstanding season, but even 7-5 wouldn't upset me too much.

But man, are we about to be loaded with talent -- and I mean all over the field.  I hate counting chickens too early, but I don't remember ever feeling like Auburn was just deep all over the place.  It looks like LSU, Alabama, and maybe even Arkansas will be doing the same thing.  In just another year the SECWest is going to be historically good.  And I really, really like our chances.

One random comment.  If my name were Dan Mullen, I'd take another job this very off-season.  His days are numbered.

I think your exactly right. Auburn has a load of talent and we are set up to be great for a long time to come, but this year we will be one of the youngest teams in the SEC. It will be rough going up against teams like FL, LSU, S. Carolina, Arky, and Bama every week, but no matter the outcome it will be fun to watch this team learn and grow together this season.

We are definantly loaded, but maybe not as deep at all positions as we would like to think....Our roster is still way off. That added to the 25 signee cap they put in the SEC starting next year means it will take a little longer to get a full roster.

As far as Dan Mullen goes, IMO he is a good coach. Are you refering to the Cecil deal ? Not to mention 7-8 wins a year in Starkville = job security.

IMO, that's the reason why the coaching staff is trying to bring in Russell Wilson. Very gifted young man, on and off the field with 39 starts under his belt. From 1980-2010, Auburn has won over 80 percent of their games with a senior starting at QB and 66 percent in the remaining years. As a coach, you would like to have experience at OL, DL and QB to pave the way for a good season.

IMO, that's the reason why the coaching staff is trying to bring in Russell Wilson. Very gifted young man, on and off the field with 39 starts under his belt. From 1980-2010, Auburn has won over 80 percent of their games with a senior starting at QB and 66 percent in the remaining years. As a coach, you would like to have experience at OL, DL and QB to pave the way for a good season.

I love it Stat, you always come through.  "Just the facts maam, just the facts."  Maybe I'll have to come to your side on this issue.

WDE !!!

If we lose more than 3 games this year I will be disappointed. We have talent unlike what we have seen in years and our coaches are top notch. A great program finds ways to win even when they shouldn't and proper coaching infused with talent makes up for experience.

I think your exactly right. Auburn has a load of talent and we are set up to be great for a long time to come, but this year we will be one of the youngest teams in the SEC. It will be rough going up against teams like FL, LSU, S. Carolina, Arky, and Bama every week, but no matter the outcome it will be fun to watch this team learn and grow together this season.

I guess I will differ with you on this somewhat.  I think people tend to remember the teams we will play this fall as not changing any while we lost a lot.  Reality is that most teams lost KEY players last year (as they do every year) and I think it tends to even out.  With that in mind, I do think that it is easier to get over the "lack of experience" hump when your talent is at a high level.  Good players can overcome mistakes much faster and with less damage than mediocre players even if the mediocre ones have multiple years of experience.  If you think about it, this is how  :devil: has been so successful both at bammer and lswho.  He basically tries to "out-talent" his opponents.  His success is not because of his gameday coaching skills, IMO.  We will find out about our guys...just not soon enough.  September is so far away...

A great program finds ways to win even when they shouldn't and proper coaching infused with talent makes up for experience.

I just don't believe it's that simple. You can't simply replace experience just as you can't replace great coaching or great talent. Auburn had one GREAT season but one GREAT season doesn't make a PROGRAM. Yes, the current coaching staff is addressing the talent issue like no other AU coaching staff but they are still working on depth and experience, which provides the actual stability to reload rather than rebuild. It took 3 years of questionable recruiting to get Auburn where they were when Chizik's staff arrived in terms of the overall view of the program and it's ability to consistently win. After 2011, Auburn will be in much better shape to "reload".

I guess I will differ with you on this somewhat.  I think people tend to remember the teams we will play this fall as not changing any while we lost a lot.  Reality is that most teams lost KEY players last year (as they do every year) and I think it tends to even out.  With that in mind, I do think that it is easier to get over the "lack of experience" hump when your talent is at a high level.  Good players can overcome mistakes much faster and with less damage than mediocre players even if the mediocre ones have multiple years of experience.  If you think about it, this is how  :devil: has been so successful both at bammer and lswho.  He basically tries to "out-talent" his opponents.  His success is not because of his gameday coaching skills, IMO.  We will find out about our guys...just not soon enough.  September is so far away...

You could very well be right in that we might not have that much of a drop off, but I just don't want to have too many expectations placed on this team because In my opinion you have leave room for error and growth in a team. All the talent in the world doesn't mean much if you don't have experience in my opinion.

There were several games we should have lost last year, most games we were down by a touchdown or more, but these guys found a way to win and found something that they believed in, each other. Great things can come when you believe, experience or not. Is experience important? Absolutely. Is it critical to a football teams success? Sure it is sometimes. Is it mandatory? Absolutely not. Great players find ways to win when they believe enough in what they are doing and when they believe in the men leading them, don't sell this team short just because they have less experience than last years team. True talent can overcome alot. Will we win every game, the SEC Championship and the National Championship? Maybe. Will we lose every game we play this year? Maybe. Truth is, you can speculate on stats, returning starters, experience, youth, point spreads, intangibles, possible injuries, or whatever, but noone knows what will happen or what this teams record will be come December. That's why I don't temper expectations, or get so bent out of shape after a loss that I turn in my Auburn fan card. That's why they play the game boys and girls. War Eagle!!!!!!!

There were several games we should have lost last year, most games we were down by a touchdown or more, but these guys found a way to win and found something that they believed in, each other. Great things can come when you believe, experience or not. Is experience important? Absolutely. Is it critical to a football teams success? Sure it is sometimes. Is it mandatory? Absolutely not. Great players find ways to win when they believe enough in what they are doing and when they believe in the men leading them, don't sell this team short just because they have less experience than last years team. True talent can overcome alot. Will we win every game, the SEC Championship and the National Championship? Maybe. Will we lose every game we play this year? Maybe. Truth is, you can speculate on stats, returning starters, experience, youth, point spreads, intangibles, possible injuries, or whatever, but noone knows what will happen or what this teams record will be come December. That's why I don't temper expectations, or get so bent out of shape after a loss that I turn in my Auburn fan card. That's why they play the game boys and girls. War Eagle!!!!!!!

??????

WTH you been??? You are a

You just show up once in a blue moon and bring a post like that??  :tease:  ;D

JB, you know how much I love "temper expectations" threads!  :laugh: :laugh: :-X :-X

Bro, All I know right now. IS ITS 80 DAYS TILL KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanna pull a Rick Flair white trash moment and tackle someone in the parking lot right now!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I love it! Never count this team, or any team Chizik coaches for that matter, out of any scenario. He just knows how to win! Enjoy last year's Championship, but don't relish in it because there are more coming. Fall practice hasn't even started yet guys.... c'mon man!  :banghead:

LMAO!!!

This is no longer a Hijacked Thread!!!!

It has been White Trash Hijacked  :-X :-X :-X  :tease:  ;D

I hope you are not calling the nature boy "white trash".

LMAO!!!

This is no longer a Hijacked Thread!!!!

It has been White Trash Hijacked  :-X :-X :-X  :tease:  ;D

I hope you are not calling the nature boy "white trash".

Not if it means offending someone  :-\

Soooo, if you are in the parking lot walking to your car and here a big WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! then you are about to be get a knee breaker and put into a figure four leg lock......you will tap out!

I see what you are saying but going by that means we can never sit down and breakdown and talk about how we think auburn is gonna do. I'm sorry but I enjoy debating and looking at what Auburn's got verses the rest of the SEC. That doesn't mean I'm not cheering for an undefeated season or that Im gonna "turn in my Auburn fan card" after a loss just because I think we're gonna go 8-4 or 9-3. I think Stats posts about experience show that we are more than likely gonna lose more of those close games than we pulled out last year. To me this year is about earning our stripes so that in 2012 we can be the SEC champs again. Does that mean I have given up on this season or that I won't go into every game believing Auburn will win? Heck no!!!  :we:

Archived