Stanford football recruiting

DyeCampAlum

Auburn actually does pretty well on that list.  I can't say much about aTm alums, but you see lots of VaTech plates in the DC area.  More than any other school I can think of, including Maryland, which is basically a short walk from the Beltway.  You gotta make some serious money just to live up there.

So... if I show this to my boss do you think he'll move my salary up to match the Auburn average by the time I hit 15 years, next year?

If the majority of Stanford grads stay in CA then no wonder their salaries are higher. The cost of living in CA is ridiculous. You need 6 figures just to have some breathing room, and that 1-2 million extra will all go to buying a decent home in CA.

A degree from Stanford is prestigious, no doubt. But the cost of living in Palo Alto is extremely high. Those recruits who don't have a lot of resources would starve to death. I guess they don't tell them that.

If the majority of Stanford grads stay in CA then no wonder their salaries are higher. The cost of living in CA is ridiculous. You need 6 figures just to have some breathing room, and that 1-2 million extra will all go to buying a decent home in CA.

A degree from Stanford is prestigious, no doubt. But the cost of living in Palo Alto is extremely high. Those recruits who don't have a lot of resources would starve to death. I guess they don't tell them that.

I don't know where Stanford grads go, but it is a national school.  I imagine they concentrate on both coasts, where living is more expensive.

However, football players won't starve in Palo Alto.  They receive every meal free from the school. 

thats fine ... their football grads can make $119,000 ... our football grads will be on their third NFL contract and will be at around $6,000,000.00 a year ...

That is an absolutely stupid piece of recruiting tool ... If they are smart enough to attend Stanford then they should be smart enough to see how dumb that is

I was sort of using that term as a figure of speech....but 3 meals a day is a drop in the bucket for a kid that age anyway. They would still need to buy food sometimes.

The cost of living there is very,very high. Food is not the only expense a college kid has to think about when making a decision. They would possibly have to take out much bigger student loans, so the higher salary would be needed to make the higher payment....it all evens out in some cases.

thats fine ... their football grads can make $119,000 ... our football grads will be on their third NFL contract and will be at around $6,000,000.00 a year ...

That is an absolutely stupid piece of recruiting tool ... If they are smart enough to attend Stanford then they should be smart enough to see how dumb that is

Most college football players will never get an NFL contract.  I'd say that's a pretty useful recruiting tool.

Most football players don't have the grades or the money to consider Stanford, so I don't see it as all that useful in the grand scheme of things.

Guest NC1406

Where are they getting these stats?  I don't recall supplying anyone other than the IRS with my annual salary.  I promise that Auburn does not have mine:)

Archived