2012 4* WR Ricardo Louis signs with AU!

DJ_Hatch

Meanwhile, Scout just bumped us to #19.

Probably because we have 15 commits. Rankings are useless untill everyone has signed. But scout has the worst player rankings of all the sites so I wouldn't look into theirs anyway.

so i guess in ur opinion that means we could have gotten a crap class last year then. anywhere from 1-50?

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked the other day if things with Diggs and Patterson were affecting Louis's decision, and I wonder if that could be the case. Some players look at depth and competition at their position and weigh that heavily.

When did Diggs and Patterson commit to us? I must have missed that.

She didn't say that.

I was implying that depth can't be a factor if the players creating that depth haven't even committed.

Depth is not the issue with Ricardo. Heck, all he had to do was look at the offense this year to see that AU needs his services.

He's had the FSU staff, (one of which is a former AU QB) in his ear LOUD and clear. They are using everything in their arsenal to negatively recruit against us with several guys. They flipped him, plain and simple.

I honesly won't be surprised to see them snag one or two more by NSD.

Its better to get the ones that are wavering out of the way now. That way the recruits that are looking at our commits and depth chart will have time to consider it, instead of them flipping at the last minute on NSD.

He's had the FSU staff, (one of which is a former AU QB) in his ear LOUD and clear.  They are using everything in their arsenal to negatively recruit against us with several guys. 

What can be used to negative recruit against us?  :dunno:

Because losing Yeldon and Louis didn't hurt us at all in those rankings.

By the way, guys, was just watching ESPN recruiting chat.  No love for us on Goldman, Diggs, or Patterson.  Saying we're in the race for each, but favored in none.

That's great because ESPN is usually off with their recruiting news and sporting news in general.

He's had the FSU staff, (one of which is a former AU QB) in his ear LOUD and clear.  They are using everything in their arsenal to negatively recruit against us with several guys. 

What can be used to negative recruit against us?  :dunno:

Easy... Said former QB just has to say that he played for us and it was horrible because of a bunch of made up stuff.  Kids will believe him because he did play for us.

Said QB did play for a Coach who was a train wreck after his ego got to him, and who called players the wrong names in practice regularly...Doubt DC appreciated the miniature running backs CTB recruited either...

That being said, our program, coming off a 8-5 season with many giving Malzahn more credit than CGC for the previous MNC...from a perception standpoint, the OC  search didn't need to take this long.  I expect we'll have a solid OC hired, but at this point, I would have gladly seen Luper get promoted, and see DC back at Auburn as QB coach.

I would take another db or lb to fill his spot

How about a big ugly to take his place... need these guys more than skill guys in short term...

Ether one would be good. We need to change the name of this topic to Ricardo Louis commits to fsu then delete the thread and move on

Why would you delete it before signing day? There's still a chance he lands at AU.

How about we name an OC before lose anymore?  Oh thats right there is no sense of urgency.  Sorry to be negative here, but not knowing what kind of offense we going to run is KILLING us in recruiting right now.  I believe Chizik has his guy and I understand not naming the coach if he is still in the Playoffs but for the Love of God its time to look out for number 1 or say

Next!

Killing us??  Just exactly how is it "killing us"??

How is not having a OC named yet helping us?  Personally, I think there is more harm than good in not having one named.  However, I am not going to complain to much about the matter, since I have no control over it.  :thumbsup:

Nobody said it was helping us.  Maybe in the long run it will help us.  I would rather wait on who Coach Chizik thinks is the right man than to hire anybody just to have a name in the position.  This thread is about Ricardo Louis.  Back on topic, please.

I have just contacted a reliable source of mine who is in a position to know...

We have indeed hired an OC, been a while back actually as I suspected, and we can expect another home run hire...

However, my source could not tell me his name, which is understandable...

CGC will handle the announcement with the class he has shown @ the proper time...

Disclaimer: I am merely a messenger and not the source of this info, therefore I can not be held responsible for any rash actions taken by any Debbie Downers from me ruining your day.

We have indeed hired an OC, been a while back actually as I suspected, and we can expect another home run hire...

CGC will handle the announcement with the class he has shown @ the proper time...

Disclaimer: I am merely a messenger and not the source of this info, therefore I can not be held responsible for any rash actions taken by any Debbie Downers from me ruining your day.

Way to go out on a limb with your breaking news. Just saying.

^^^^ If I say that I have a reliable source, you can bank on it!^^^^

I got tired of hearing so much whining that I wanted to find out for myself...

I live in Auburn and know a few people, and do talk to them on occasion about what is going on behind the scenes...

This source has not been wrong to date...

Sooo... What are your sources saying, not the other message boards or paid sites either, but real first hand sources??????

^^^^ If I say that I have a reliable source, you can bank on it!^^^^

I got tired of hearing so much whining that I wanted to find out for myself...

I live in Auburn and know a few people, and do talk to them on occasion about what is going on behind the scenes...

This source has not been wrong to date...

Sooo... What are your sources saying, not the other message boards or paid sites either, but real first hand sources??????

Thanks Walker. This would make sense.

Way to go out on a limb with your breaking news. Just saying.

Lol

Honestly, this isn't a huge surprise. He hasn't been on an OV to us and here it is the end of recruiting season. The bad part is that we need WR. We haven't shown that we have replaced Darvin Adams, T-Zach and Burns from 2010. Hopefully we can close with Diggs and Patterson...and KEEP Williams, then Louis will be an afterthought.

To those in the know-

Are we completely conceding on Louis or are we believing we still

Have a good shot after we have an OC in place??

I'm certainly not "in the know" but I do believe that a young man who fell in love with AUBURN and has been committed since the beginning of the process would certainly take another look when the OC is announced.

Archived