Whats your best shot? Alcohol wise?

Autigers71

Back in the day I liked a kamikaze, now I'll stick with  Jose Cuervo Gold, lime and salt.

Kamikazes aren't nearly as good when you look into your wallet the morning after drinking them all night.   :(

Place in Montgomery would do dollar kamikazes during happy hour. Eight or so and you were set for the night. Designated driver required. 

Here's one that is sure to make you regurg what you ate that night:

Kooch

1oz Peppermint Schnapps

1oz Clam juice

Garnish with an onion

Makes me want to puke just typing this.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, don't try this one:

Absinthe

2 tsp. Wormwood

1 pint(s) Vodka

2 tsp. Angelica Root

4 Cardamom Pods

2 tsp. Anise

½ tsp. Coriander

½ tsp. Fennel Seed

Steep Wormwood in vodka for 48 hours. Remove and add the rest of the ingredients. Steep for one week. Note that this drink may be bad for your health.

Bad for your health, hmmmmmm, ya think!  :D

Absinthe

2 tsp. Wormwood

1 pint(s) Vodka

2 tsp. Angelica Root

4 Cardamom Pods

2 tsp. Anise

½ tsp. Coriander

½ tsp. Fennel Seed

Steep Wormwood in vodka for 48 hours. Remove and add the rest of the ingredients. Steep for one week. Note that this drink may be bad for your health.

The trick is to drip the Absinthe over a cube of sugar until it is dissolved, along with the Absinthe, into a glass.

Its very hard to get real Absinthe, its been banned most everywhere, except in parts of Europe.

Wilde locked himself away in a hotel room, and drank himself to death by Absinthe, writing the whole time.

I was reading about Absinthe and the article said it would really mess your mind up, the real stuff, like you are talking about WE4E, or will bring out your brilliance, as in Wilde's case.

Absinthe is historically described as a distilled, highly alcoholic (45%–74% ABV) beverage. It is an anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs, including the flowers and leaves of the herb Artemisia absinthium, commonly referred to as "grande wormwood". Absinthe traditionally has a natural green color but can also be colorless. It is commonly referred to in historical literature as "la fée verte" (the Green Fairy).

Although it is sometimes mistakenly called a liqueur, absinthe was not bottled with added sugar and is therefore classified as a spirit. Absinthe is unusual among spirits in that it is bottled at a very high proof but is normally diluted with water when consumed.

Absinthe originated in the canton of Neuchâtel in Switzerland. It achieved great popularity as an alcoholic drink in late 19th- and early 20th-century France, particularly among Parisian artists and writers. Due in part to its association with bohemian culture, absinthe was opposed by social conservatives and prohibitionists. Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Aleister Crowley, and Alfred Jarry were all notorious 'bad men' of that day who were (or were thought to be) devotees of the Green Fairy.

Absinthe has been portrayed as a dangerously addictive psychoactive drug. The chemical thujone, present in small quantities, was singled out and blamed for its alleged harmful effects. By 1915, absinthe had been banned in the United States and in most European countries except the United Kingdom, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Although absinthe was vilified, no evidence has shown it to be any more dangerous than ordinary spirits. Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated.

A revival of absinthe began in the 1990s, when countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale. As of February 2008, nearly 200 brands of absinthe were being produced in a dozen countries, most notably in France, Switzerland, Spain, and the Czech Republic. Commercial distillation of absinthe in the United States resumed in 2007.

Absinthe

2 tsp. Wormwood

1 pint(s) Vodka

2 tsp. Angelica Root

4 Cardamom Pods

2 tsp. Anise

½ tsp. Coriander

½ tsp. Fennel Seed

The trick is to drip the Absinthe over a cube of sugar until it is dissolved, along with the Absinthe, into a glass.

Its very hard to get real Absinthe, its been banned most everywhere, except in parts of Europe.

Wilde locked himself away in a hotel room, and drank himself to death by Absinthe, writing the whole time.

Actually it's legal to sell Absinthe in Minnesota.  It was illegal to sell for many years, but a fairly new law was passed changing that. Maybe I should bring some next time I come to Auburn?

Interesting article: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/12/31/absinthe/

Absinthe

2 tsp. Wormwood

1 pint(s) Vodka

2 tsp. Angelica Root

4 Cardamom Pods

2 tsp. Anise

½ tsp. Coriander

½ tsp. Fennel Seed

Actually it's legal to sell Absinthe in Minnesota.  It was illegal to sell for many years, but a fairly new law was passed changing that. Maybe I should bring some next time I come to Auburn?

Interesting article: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/12/31/absinthe/

What's being distilled today, isn't exactly the same that was distilled in Europe during Absinthe's peak. I forget what's different about it exactly, but its different.

I was reading about Absinthe and the article said it would really mess your mind up, the real stuff, like you are talking about WE4E, or will bring out your brilliance, as in Wilde's case.

Insanity, Brilliance. Fine line.

That is true, just ask TT.  ;D (He will destroy me for that shot)  :laugh:

Here's one that is sure to make you regurg what you ate that night:

Kooch

1oz Peppermint Schnapps

1oz Clam juice

Garnish with an onion

Makes me want to puke just typing this.

This makes me sick just reading.

Absinthe

2 tsp. Wormwood

1 pint(s) Vodka

2 tsp. Angelica Root

4 Cardamom Pods

2 tsp. Anise

½ tsp. Coriander

½ tsp. Fennel Seed

What's being distilled today, isn't exactly the same that was distilled in Europe during Absinthe's peak. I forget what's different about it exactly, but its different.

This^^^. If I remember correctly, has little to no wormwood in it.

Kinda like the line between casual Manilow fan and...well...

Kinda like the line between casual Manilow fan and...well...

b739fdc2.jpg

He loves you Bird....

That is true, just ask TT.  ;D (He will destroy me for that shot)  :laugh:

It's the insanity of the common that drives the brilliant to insanity, weegs. I'm not shocked you were aware of this, I'm somewhat proud actually. :tease:

Archived