Some of the worst five star recruiting busts of the past decade

I dont believe MD or CM were 5 star busts, neither was Caddy.

You didn't read my post I said before last year and Caddy was a four star

Caddy was a 5 star.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown's career isn't over yet. He will be able to play this year at K- State. Can't call him a bust until his career is over

Try reading my whole quote before you comment on it....I said he was a bust  as of today....By the same token Cam Newton was a tremendous bust til last year....So your point on Brown does has validity

I didn't even see your comment haha I was commenting on the one right above me!

Brown's career isn't over yet. He will be able to play this year at K- State. Can't call him a bust until his career is over

Try reading my whole quote before you comment on it....I said he was a bust  as of today....By the same token Cam Newton was a tremendous bust til last year....So your point on Brown does has validity

I didn't even see your comment haha I was commenting on the one right above me!

My bad

Are you kidding me?  Julio a bust?  He is #2 on just about every record at Alabama.....and to say he was supposed to be #1 before he left?  Did you see how close he was to every record?  He left as a junior.  He would have broken every record as a senior.

Are you kidding me?  Julio a bust?  He is #2 on just about every record at Alabama.....and to say he was supposed to be #1 before he left?  Did you see how close he was to every record?  He left as a junior.  He would have broken every record as a senior.

Im sure glad he left early! :we:

WHAT???? Ben Obamanu was damn good for most of his career here at Auburn, and I do believe he is starting in the NFL with the Seahawks.  So, I'll have to disagree with that thinking....

Yep, he just signed a new 3 year extension with the Seahawks.  You don't have a career in the NFL if you are a college bust.

Obamanu was a great player while at Auburn and he has played well for Seattle. I think he will continue to do good for th Seahawks and become a better receiver.

I have mixed feelings on Obumanu. He may have been the best receiver out of he, Anthony Mix, Devin Aromashadu, and Courtney Taylor, but I will never forget the dropped potential game winning TD pass against Ole Miss. He was wide open.... and just dropped it.

Yes, that drop did cost us at least a share of the SEC west title.

However, people forget that he also made a phenomenal catch and long run a few plays before to get us into position to score on they play where he dropped the ball. If he does not make that first play, we are not in position to score on the play where he dropped the ball.

WHAT???? Ben Obamanu was damn good for most of his career here at Auburn, and I do believe he is starting in the NFL with the Seahawks.  So, I'll have to disagree with that thinking....

Yep, he just signed a new 3 year extension with the Seahawks.  You don't have a career in the NFL if you are a college bust.

Obamanu was a great player while at Auburn and he has played well for Seattle. I think he will continue to do good for th Seahawks and become a better receiver.

I have mixed feelings on Obumanu. He may have been the best receiver out of he, Anthony Mix, Devin Aromashadu, and Courtney Taylor, but I will never forget the dropped potential game winning TD pass against Ole Miss. He was wide open.... and just dropped it.

However, people forget that he also made a phenomenal catch and long run a few plays before to get us into position to score on they play where he dropped the ball. If he does not make that first play, we are not in position to score on the play where he dropped the ball.

True. But it was still such an easy catch that he dropped. It would almost be like Kobe missing a layup or dunk to win a game

Personally I think Julio Jones has been one of the biggest busts in many years.  Yes, he's had some good games.  But he's never lived up to the hype.  He can't catch the ball unless he's making some kind of circus catch.  The easy ones he misses.  Yet, he's still expected to be a 1st round draft pick.  Just don't see it.   WDE!!!

:zapbama:

I wish we could sign about 25 'busts'  like Julio Jones. That means almost all of the first round of NFL draft picks would be AU players.

True. But it was still such an easy catch that he dropped. It would almost be like Kobe missing a layup or dunk to win a game

No doubt, the ball was right in his hands, that drop was crushing, it was the first thing I thought of when Richardson dropped the pass against us in the IB.

However, the catch and long run he made to get us in that position, seem like he broke a lot of tackles on that run, was as good as the drop was bad.

You have to look at the whole body of work, not just one play.

No doubt, the ball was right in his hands, that drop was crushing, it was the first thing I thought of when Richardson dropped the pass against us in the IB.

However, the catch and long run he made to get us in that position, seem like he broke a lot of tackles on that run, was as good as the drop was bad.

You have to look at the whole body of work, not just one play.

His whole body of work ranks him statistically as a top 15 WR in AU's history.  Obamanu ranks 14th in career yardage and 9th in receptions at AU.  Eh.

Archived