Headed to Tuscaloosa...

Tmad4AU

Vinegar based sauces are the bomb....But so are tomatoe based sauces.....When I smoke ribs I like a moderate hickory smoke and a vinegar based sauce.....

I'm getting hungry.

Can we make reservations for your ribs now? ;D

Heres the trick

1. Put a light rub on some babyback ribs.

2. Smoke at 210-225 for 3 hours.

3. WRAP IN ALUMINUM FOIL ( THIS IS THE SECRET TO FALL OFF THE BONE RIBS ) Put back on smoker for another 2 hours.

4. Pull back to top of the foil and apply a light coat of prefered sauce and smoke for 1 more hour.

I have been competing in BBQ Contests for six years and I just can't make myself go to any bbq Resturant anymore.

My favorite bbq is Beef Brisket and I have won first place brisket several times.

I have been competing in BBQ Contests for six years and I just can't make myself go to any bbq Resturant anymore.

My favorite bbq is Beef Brisket and I have won first place brisket several times.

The best restaurant brisket I ever had was a BBQ place off North Valdosta Road in Valdosta.  I can't remember the name of it.

If you like a "backyard" rib, try to steam them first in beer until the meat starts to pull from the bone(usually 30-45min). Use a moppin sauce during this time if you like, Stubbs is good. They will be cooked at this point. Grill the ribs to slightly char/smoke them. Mop on the BBQ sauce and keep turning and moppin. Just keep doing this until they look good to you. For a good and easy Butt, just use an electric smoker. Smoke for 3 - 4 hours, remove from smoker, cover in Al foil and pop in oven at 200 (240 if needed sooner), cook overnight or until internal temp is 190 degrees(170 should be ok if overnighn). You can also use your grill with indirect heat, just watch the temp. If you don't want to make your own sauce It's hard to beat Bull's-Eye Original for ribs and Cattlemen's for sandwiches, I like the Kansas City Classic. Also for those who have not tried, try a vinegar sugar base coleslaw on your sandwich. Well, I was making fajitas tomorrow.  :-\

Masters degree in any subject.

They give them out at the corner filling station after 50 fillups.  If you buy premium you can graduate with honors honors.   

Its supposed to be a secret. :-X 

If you like a "backyard" rib, try to steam them first in beer until the meat starts to pull from the bone(usually 30-45min). Use a moppin sauce during this time if you like, Stubbs is good. They will be cooked at this point. Grill the ribs to slightly char/smoke them. Mop on the BBQ sauce and keep turning and moppin. Just keep doing this until they look good to you. For a good and easy Butt, just use an electric smoker. Smoke for 3 - 4 hours, remove from smoker, cover in Al foil and pop in oven at 200 (240 if needed sooner), cook overnight or until internal temp is 190 degrees(170 should be ok if overnighn). You can also use your grill with indirect heat, just watch the temp. If you don't want to make your own sauce It's hard to beat Bull's-Eye Original for ribs and Cattlemen's for sandwiches, I like the Kansas City Classic. Also for those who have not tried, try a vinegar sugar base coleslaw on your sandwich. Well, I was making fajitas tomorrow.  :-\

4AUsince62, you have me drooling. How do you steam them ?

Bring back Saban.  He's short & should fit easily into the van.  We can then hold him for ransom until the Bammurs fix the trees to our satisfaction.

We can stand him up at Toomer's after the Iron Bowl and let the TP rip. At first I thought it was a bad idea since, being so short, he wouldn't hold much TP. After thinking about it, he is full of enough crap that he should handle plenty of TP.

4AUsince62, you have me drooling. How do you steam them ?

I use a large boiler pot with basket that I usually do crawfish in. Any large pot will work, just keep the ribs above the liquid and keep covered. You could use a SS colander in the pot for this. Cut the ribs in sections if you have to.  The larger the section the better. I try to go no less than 4. This is very easy, gets alot of fat out and the ribs stay moist. Yep, some kind of BBQ tomorrow. Oh, PORK. No beef ribs for me.

Well... we made it back to Birmingham. Great Time. The girls had a blast. Me too I suppose. Still think a few sacks would make the sport more interesting. BTW, The only thing that sucks more than Kentucky football is Kentucky gymnastics.

I had to take a swing down University Blvd on the way home. Security out the ying-yang at BDS Walk of Champions and Denny Chimes.

Well... we made it back to Birmingham. Great Time. The girls had a blast. Me too I suppose. Still think a few sacks would make the sport more interesting. BTW, The only thing that sucks more than Kentucky football is Kentucky gymnastics.

I had to take a swing down University Blvd on the way home. Security out the ying-yang at BDS Walk of Champions and Denny Chimes.

Of course, I hope nothing happens, but I DON'T MIND SEEING THEM PARANOID!!!!! :beatmullet:

The Dreamland in 5 points wasn't good at all the last time I was there. Highly overrated IMO. Jim and Nicks are waaay better.

Unfortunately, only the original Dreamland serves great ribs.  

Have to disagree with you cali about the original Dreamland.  When my gump friends tried to impress me with ribs from there I learned that I needed better friends or they needed better taste buds. 

Amen to that.  all I heard about were dreamland ribs.  I must have hit them on a bad day as they were average at best.  Of course, the stench in the air around tuscaloosa has a negative impact on your taste buds!

WDE !!!

The brisket is for proffesionals only.....You smoke that thing for about 12-14 hrs, dont you ?

Actually, you can bring me back Dreamland Ribs.

Mmmmmm.....

The only good thing in Tuscaloser!

The only good thing to ever come out of Tuscaloosa is highway 82

The brisket is for proffesionals only.....You smoke that thing for about 12-14 hrs, dont you ?

It does take time but its not as hard as you might think. The time needed depends on the size of the brisket and what temp you are cooking at. If you wrap it in foil about halfway through the cook and take the internal temp up to about 205 degrees it will be very moist and super tender.

It does take time but its not as hard as you might think. The time needed depends on the size of the brisket and what temp you are cooking at. If you wrap it in foil about halfway through the cook and take the internal temp up to about 205 degrees it will be very moist and super tender.

It being a given that I know two ways to cook on a grill, "Burnt" and "Raw", I'm writing these ideas down for my next adventure into the unknown. Stay tuned. Well, actually, I knocked one out of the park (blind squirrel find nut) last evening with filets.

:bow:

So..um...where exactly do you tailgate? ;D

:bow:

So..um...where exactly do you tailgate? ;D

Have not been to a game in several years but I have competed in the bbq competition in Auburn. Let me know the next time you come through Dothan.

I sure will!

If you ever compete in the Rocket City BBQ contest/Whistle Stop Festival in Huntsville let us know! Have you been to it yet? There's some really good food happening there! ;)

Archived