DL Coach Discussion

95tgr4life

I believe these are the names. Could be wrong.

TIM CROSS - gophersports bio

GIFF SMITH - buffalobills bio

RODNEY GARNER - georgiadogs bio

JIM PANAGOS - ucfatheletics bio

CLINT HURTT - uoflsports bio

thats a good list... if it follows up.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe these are the names. Could be wrong.

golf, is that a picture of our stadium from atop Haley Center ? What year was that ?

I would love for Garner to come to Auburn for the simple fact that he wouldn't be recruiting against u anymore and he is a good coach, but I don't think he comes without a better title.  I believe he is the recruiting coor. now at UGA and it would probably take coDC to get him to Auburn.

Garner won't be hired. Besides, he turned down coach Chizik down 3 years ago when he was putting his staff together.

completely different circumstances.  Unknown head coach putting together and staff and Garner was one of the first offered.  He had a good gig at UGA and was at a very stable point in the staff there.  Now Richt is on borrowed time and Chizik has won a BCSNC with a very good staff of coaches that love to recruit. 

Yep

This is what was posted earlier today.  Most people like Hurtt bc of his recruting and FL ties.

for anyone interested, here are active links to their bios..

I really liked what Rocker brought to the coaching staff: an Auburn legend, hardware to prove it, great attitude and a hell of a coaching ability.  Are there any ex Auburn players that are coaching these days that might be interested outside of Garner?

Kevin Greene at Green Bay, Jimmy Brumbaugh coaches Defensive Tackles at Syrecuse. Then you have Mike Pelton, Travis Williams at AU, Joe Whitt Jr., Marcus McNeil. Who else? that's all I can think of.

I think Terrell Williams at Texas A&M would be a good hire to get into more doors in texas.

You cant get enough recruiters with Texas roots.

Garner won't be hired. Besides, he turned down coach Chizik down 3 years ago when he was putting his staff together.

I think he might not have known what CGC had planned for AU. Heck even some of the AU "fans" turned Chizik down.

man, if you add Hurt's ability to recruit and coach along side that of Troop, Lupe, and Thig...oh baby!

I'm not sure who I would want the most or who would be the best fit for Auburn. Hurtt or Garner. BTW, I really feel we should retire Tracy's #74 before the NFL season starts so he and his family could come.

just another time that i say i have complete confidence in coach chizik to handle the hire and we will all be satisfied. i really do not understand the reason for rocker to leave. has anyone heard his salary? all i heard is he wanted to coach the nfl. i do think an nfl position coach puts in less hours without recruiting to worry about.

just another time that i say i have complete confidence in coach chizik to handle the hire and we will all be satisfied. i really do not understand the reason for rocker to leave. has anyone heard his salary? all i heard is he wanted to coach the nfl. i do think an nfl position coach puts in less hours without recruiting to worry about.

NFl is a better racket if you ever get into it you really never leave.  Unless you decide to otherwise it is just move to another team and continue.

I don't wanna sound like I'm bad-mouthing an Auburn guy, but doesn't Garner have some baggage with him when it comes to past violations and such? I can't be 100% sure, but I thought I remember that.

As for some of my choices...I like the guy at TX A&M, UCF, Brumbaugh, K.Greene. Is there a guy with good standing NFL ties we could look at maybe?

I don't wanna sound like I'm bad-mouthing an Auburn guy, but doesn't Garner have some baggage with him when it comes to past violations and such? I can't be 100% sure, but I thought I remember that.

As for some of my choices...I like the guy at TX A&M, UCF, Brumbaugh, K.Greene. Is there a guy with good standing NFL ties we could look at maybe?

Kevin Greene would be intriguing...  I don't see him leaving the Pack and Dom Capers though. Garner has been a top notch recruiter and he knows the territory, he's already turned down the job. I think whoever the choice is it will be awesome. Chizik has earned that from all of us.  :believe:

Panagos from UCF is a great line coach. I'm just not sure about his recruiting credentials.

We need a great line coach more than a great recruiter.  We have more than enough great recruiters on the staff.  TRocker was the best coach on the D staff.  We need another very good coach. 

wde

Archived