DL Coach Discussion

95tgr4life

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting Thompson would be great for recruiting. He was the mastermind behind Alabama's #1 recruiting ranking in 2008 and was named recruiter of the year also. Besides, as of now Gene Chizik>>>>>>>>>Derek Dooley.

He also carries access baggage we don't need. We don't need to hire no questionable coaches to fuel the NCAA.

Have concerns over Thompson. Maybe his connection with Satan or recruiting violations at Tennesse (don't know if he was involved or not). Garner gets raise, turned down job with Saints, questionable to many AU fans, Jacobs knows this too. Pelton wasn't hired when Chizik came to AU as head coach. Tolleson worked with Chizik at Texas, He should know him well. Panagos is a dark horse. My list changes day to day. 1. Tolleson 2. Panagos I have no inside info. Here is another name, Brumbaugh. He was successful last year at Syracuse.

Brumbaugh's okay. He did a pretty good job at Syracuse this year, but he hasn't been coaching defensive line for a long time. I'd much rather prefer Tolleson or Panagos but Brumbaugh has the makings of a good coach.

Tolleson was moved to an "administrative position" at Texas much like Joe Pendry now working in an administrative position at Alabama after one disappointing season. Personally, I believe Brown forced him out in favor of the youthful new coaches at Texas.

Have concerns over Thompson. Maybe his connection with Satan or recruiting violations at Tennesse (don't know if he was involved or not). Garner gets raise, turned down job with Saints, questionable to many AU fans, Jacobs knows this too. Pelton wasn't hired when Chizik came to AU as head coach. Tolleson worked with Chizik at Texas, He should know him well. Panagos is a dark horse. My list changes day to day. 1. Tolleson 2. Panagos I have no inside info. Here is another name, Brumbaugh. He was successful last year at Syracuse.

I believe Pelton wasn't hired because when Gene got here you know guys like Dye were wanting him to bring Rocker home to Auburn. In my opinion Rocker was a bigger original hire here. But I believe Pelton would be a GREAT replacement now.

I do like your 3 others listed as well. I think Brumbaugh is more of a dark horse than Panagos at this point. And I still wouldn't mind Williams at A&M.

Tolleson may be that big surprise hire that we're all needing.

Is this speculation or do you have info no one knows?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLvJQSi14Dl0FZIvxk4bG2xCRLDmpatyhAobC_QViOyh4zUFsq

you don't want his info...

:tease:

Love the Monty Python reference. Its hard to beat Brave, Brave Sir Robin!  :laugh:

Tolleson was moved to an "administrative position" at Texas much like Joe Pendry now working in an administrative position at Alabama after one disappointing season. Personally, I believe Brown forced him out in favor of the youthful new coaches at Texas.

DJ would be the one to ask, but from what I gathered from Austinites is Tolleson already had plans to step aside.  CMB, knowing Tolleson's value, asked him to remain and as a compromise between the two, Tolleson accepted the administrative position.

Don Dunn still has his house in Auburn (his son still in school), but I think he got lazy on the recruiting trail his last few years.  Still, not a bad coach.

I researched Williams a little. Don't know if Tolleson would come or not, maybe settled in Austin. I'd love to have him though, He is my first choice. Panagos is young, energetic, good recruiter, good coach with NFL experience. He would be great at AU. Williams is only 3 or 4 best to me. Pelton included.

spring practice is like 3 weeks away!! Im suprised it is taking this long.... atleast we know CGC is being thorough

Archived