DL Coach Discussion

95tgr4life

Someone asked where Mike Pelton was coaching

He is currently at UL LaFayette, beginning his first year,  He was at Vandy in 09 and 10.  He was with CGC at ISU in 07 and 08.  Prior to that he was at Troy for six years with the last 2 as DC.  His first college job was at Valdosta State in 2000.

CGC should know if he wants him.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back to wanting in my own order:

1. Terrel Williams

2. Jim Panagos

3. Mike Pelton

4. Lance Thompson

5. Kevin Greene

6. Mike Tolleson

7. Giff Smith

8. Jimmy Brumbaugh

9. Tim Cross

10. Rodney Garner

Here's my updated list.

Kevin Greene

Travis Williams

Terrell Williams

Rodney Garner

Lance Thompson

Mike Pelton

Mike Tolleson

Jim Panagos

Tosh Lupoi

I have no inside info. I just have a strong feeling coach Chizik is down to 4 people. This is not in any order.

Terrell Williams, Rodney Garner, Lance Thompson and Tim Cross. I'd be very happy if it was anyone of the first 3 because they are great coaches and great recruiters.

I have no inside info. I just have a strong feeling coach Chizik is down to 4 people. This is not in any order.

Terrell Williams, Rodney Garner, Lance Thompson and Tim Cross. I'd be very happy if it was anyone of the first 3 because they are great coaches and great recruiters.

If that's the case, we're in better shape than I thought we were for hiring a coach.

Tolleson has been and still remains my favorite for this position, no matter what. His presence would do wonders for recruiting the state of Texas, and we're already making a lot of inroads there.

Again, other than Cross, where from any reputable source have you seen Williams, Garner and Thompson even been mentioned as a serious candidate?

wde

I read about Thompson on one of ut's sites. I forgot which one because they have a lot of differents boards.

I just don't get a good feeling about Cross. It's nothing personal though. He just doesn't have a sharp looking profile when it comes to coaching players up and getting the best out of them.

Getting Thompson would be great for recruiting. He was the mastermind behind Alabama's #1 recruiting ranking in 2008 and was named recruiter of the year also. Besides, as of now Gene Chizik>>>>>>>>>Derek Dooley.

Tolleson may be that big surprise hire that we're all needing.

Is this speculation or do you have info no one knows?

auburn4ever with info no one knows? That'll be the day :tease:

On a real note, I don't think anyone outside of CGC and JJ know who is going to be hired for this position.

Tolleson may be that big surprise hire that we're all needing.

Is this speculation or do you have info no one knows?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLvJQSi14Dl0FZIvxk4bG2xCRLDmpatyhAobC_QViOyh4zUFsq

you don't want his info...

:tease:

Tolleson has been and still remains my favorite for this position, no matter what. His presence would do wonders for recruiting the state of Texas, and we're already making a lot of inroads there.

I would like him also Red...

I would like him also Red...

With his experience, this is the guy i'm in favor of as well. I wouldn't argue with LT either. He knows the lay of the land in the southeast.

Archived