DL Coach Discussion

95tgr4life

Rodney Garner would certainly spark some debate amongst us. He is an Auburn guy and a great recruiter, but despite raking in 4-5 star studs year after year, UGA's Dline has consistently underperformed the past few years. Alot of high profile recruits over there just seem to disappear for some reason. Personally I dont see him leaving after assembling the "dream team" ..... *puke*

If I were Coach Garner, I'd jump at any opportunity to escape the Titanic at Georgia.

To be completely honest, I think Georgia is going to be the team to watch this year. Remember the last time Richt had a freshman quarterback? UGA had a trying year, losing four out of five games in the middle of the season...but then Matthew Stafford found his groove. Unfortunately for us, it happened to be in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The following season they won the Sugar Bowl.

Richt really did end up with a dream team of in state talent, if only because of Crowell and Drew. With the talent already there and the talent coming in, Richt will find a way to keep his job. He always does.

Richt should be fired if they don't win at least 10 games this year.  They have the EASIEST schedule in the SEC by far. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Chizik will pick the best man to be DL coach without a doubt, Just don't think it will be Mr. Cross, although like many of you I have no inside source. As for my opinion on hiring someone out of a job, I was refering Mr. Cross sorry to offend you AU4ME81 about not having job.

I'll be surprised who ever Chizik chooses. They seem to be keeping it close to their vest. My list has changed several times.

1. Panagos

2. Lupoi

3. Garner

4. Tolleson

It seems like everyone is warming up to Panagos. It shouldnt be that hard to get him away from UCF.

I'll be surprised who ever Chizik chooses. They seem to be keeping it close to their vest. My list has changed several times.

1. Panagos

2. Lupoi

3. Garner

4. Tolleson

It seems like everyone is warming up to Panagos. It shouldnt be that hard to get him away from UCF.

I agree! Who wouldn't want to coach in SEC vs at UCF?

Lance Thompson was recently moved to defensive line coach at tennessee so my list would be this

1. Lupoi

2. Thompson

3. Panagos

4. Giff Smith

5. Garner

Love the top 2 candidates on your list. I would love to steal Thompson away from the ut. Might be a little easier now since they really are in trouble? Regardless, I would make both of them turn me down before I talked to anybody else

Chris Rumph would've been a great hire if $aban hadn't of snatched him up. Maybe if the Titans would've snagged Rocker earlier, we couldve talked to him. Guy is an amazing recruiter and fielded some great Dlines at Clemson... its a shame he has joined the dark side, he will be tough to recruit against for sure.

Chris Rumph would've been a great hire if $aban hadn't of snatched him up. Maybe if the Titans would've snagged Rocker earlier, we couldve talked to him. Guy is an amazing recruiter and fielded some great Dlines at Clemson... its a shame he has joined the dark side, he will be tough to recruit against for sure.

That's what I've been thinking as well. Saban knows how to make good coaching staff hires (with the exception of Major Applewhite).

If I remember correctly, I believe McNeil was hired to be defensive line coach at BSC. I read the other day they were looking for a new defensive line coach so I'm not sure what happened there.

[/quote

Maybe but he's still on their website and I went back to the first of November on their site and there was nothing about him leaving.

I realize that some of the people that are brought up here on AE for DL coach are AU graduates, and as much as I want a Auburn man to have a good career, I only want what is best for Auburn. Many of these guys haven't coached DL in big a conference as yet. We may be reaching to deep with some of these guys mentioned.  

Hey, I don't think Demarco has a chance but everybody else is throwing names out there and coming up with wish lists, so did I. One thing in his favor, as a recruiter, he has to convince players to go to BSC with no scholarships.

Archived