Tracy Rocker *** update Today at 11:45:08 AM ***

Auhsv

I haven't heard of any names surfacing yet but I would like to see us look real hard at Clint Hurtt from Louisville.  'Dude is a great recruiter and has A LOT of pull down in South Florida.

You hit the nail on the head.  Here is his bio for those to lazy to google; he is legit.  2 words, Cruitin' machine.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hurtt_clint00.html

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard of any names surfacing yet but I would like to see us look real hard at Clint Hurtt from Louisville.  'Dude is a great recruiter and has A LOT of pull down in South Florida.

You hit the nail on the head.  Here is his bio for those to lazy to google; he is legit.  2 words, Cruitin' machine.

I like this guy.  :thumbsup:

Dude sure looks the part!!!  I was intimidated just seeing his profile pic!

He definitely seems to have the credentials, but I could see the sticking point being that he is L'villes recruiting coordinator, and Coach Luper already fills that bill for us.  I don't know, but it's definitely worth a phone call to see if this guy is interested.

War Eagle!

^^^THIS!!!!^^^

He was rated by Rivals (I think it was Rivals) as the nations #1 recruiter.  Solid coach and one excellent recruiter.  I believe he also coached at Miami!  Would love to get him on staff. 

I know this question want be popular but is TRock going to be the last assistant to move on.  I am hearing other things this morning.  I can't find anything here about the LA situation.  Anyone have any info?  Thanks in advance.

I know this question want be popular but is TRock going to be the last assistant to move on.  I am hearing other things this morning.  I can't find anything here about the LA situation.  Anyone have any info?  Thanks in advance.

LA situation????  :dunno:

I googled Hurtt and yes he seems to be a great recruiter, but there are alot of negative things out of UM about his actual coaching ability. 

wde

From the talk on WJOX, it involves a story by XXX and NCAA investigators.  He may be getting his material from bama online.

From the talk on WJOX, it involves a story by XXX and NCAA investigators.  He may be getting his material from bama online.

Oh, ok.  I have heard some things about coach Trooper Taylor and his recruitment of Greg Robinson, but all rumors.  Bams at work have already said the NCAA is investing his whole recruitment and all of his family memebers are in question as well.  Doubt it's true since they have been wrong on everything else. 

Oh, ok.  I have heard some things about coach Trooper Taylor and his recruitment of Greg Robinson, but all rumors.  Bams at work have already said the NCAA is investing his whole recruitment and all of his family memebers are in question as well.  Doubt it's true since they have been wrong on everything else. 

I'm not going to visit his website to check it out, but the tease the JOX guys gave said basically what you posted.  NCAA talking to Robinson and family, etc.

Half serious, half joking: What would you guys think about Mike Dubose?

HA! I watched in 2005 as my alma mater the Hundingdon Hawks destroyed his defense at Milsaps in a 49 - 27 victory!  :thumbsup: (I graduated from there in 2008, and from Auburn in the summer 2010  :hellyeah: ) Even the next year when he was the head coach at Milsaps, Huntingdon beat them again. lol.

Although he did win 4 conferece titles in 4 years at Milsaps, 2006-2009, and is now the d-line coach at Memphis.

To some MONEY means more than Family.

Surely you're not suggesting he left simply because of the $$?  The way the guys on JOX were talking, he would have to be one of the highest paid position coaches in the NFL to make more than he was at Auburn.  I think it was more of a career move, though until we hear details of his contract it's all speculation.

I'm not going to visit his website to check it out, but the tease the JOX guys gave said basically what you posted.  NCAA talking to Robinson and family, etc.

Yes, this is what I was hearing on Jox this morning.  Sounds like this is a no story.

Coach Rocker gave us three good years this time around. I wish that he would stay on but only he knows what his plan for the future.  Coach Rocker is a true Auburn man and I wish  him well.

now the real question is who has Coach Chizik got in the wings?

Archived