My Top SEC RBs for 2011

Chaotic_zx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What criteria is being used for judging here?  Are we talking about who will end up being the most productive back or simply who has the individual potential to be the best?  If we're talking production then there are a lot of external factors to look at like strength of schedule, returning starters/quality of starters on the OLine, team reliance on the run game vs. their QB etc. 

What criteria is being used for judging here?  Are we talking about who will end up being the most productive back or simply who has the individual potential to be the best?  If we're talking production then there are a lot of external factors to look at like strength of schedule, returning starters/quality of starters on the OLine, team reliance on the run game vs. their QB etc. 

Agreed.  Dyer will have to run behind a whole new line this year as well so his production will naturally go down this year.  I will go

1. Richardson

2.  Lattimore

3.  Dyer

Some of these must be off of potential because richardson is going to have to break the 800 yard mark before he is anointed the best rb in the sec. Especially considering he was out rushed by several of the guys infront of him davis, dyer, omac, and lattimore.

Some of these must be off of potential because richardson is going to have to break the 800 yard mark before he is anointed the best rb in the sec.  Especially considering he was out rushed by several of the guys infront of him davis, dyer, omac, and lattimore. 

He also rushed behind a Heisman trophy winning running back, no small detail. And, obviously, this thread is based off of potential. Otherwise it would have been called the best RBs of 2010.

Some of these must be off of potential because richardson is going to have to break the 800 yard mark before he is anointed the best rb in the sec. Especially considering he was out rushed by several of the guys infront of him davis, dyer, omac, and lattimore.

He also rushed behind a Heisman trophy winning running back, no small detail. And, obviously, this thread is based off of potential. Otherwise it would have been called the best RBs of 2010.

Dyer ran behind the most dominant college football player in 20 years and still cracked the thousand yard mark. Omac ran behind dyer and cam but still eclipsed his yardage.

I've got

Lattimore

Richardson

Davis

Dyer

Bolden 

O Mac

edit: Ridley is no longer a Bengal

I agree with you 100% - Lattimore will going to have a great 2011, he'll have the playbook down and will be the #1 back on that team, IMO  - Richardson will be the #1 back on a team that will return most of their OL and the will have a killer defense which should leave him with good field position most of the time.

Some of these must be off of potential because richardson is going to have to break the 800 yard mark before he is anointed the best rb in the sec.  Especially considering he was out rushed by several of the guys infront of him davis, dyer, omac, and lattimore. 

Dyer ran behind the most dominant college football player in 20 years and still cracked the thousand yard mark.  Omac ran behind dyer and cam but still eclipsed his yardage.

They also ran behind a veteran OL that was tops in the nation in 2010.  I thought the thread topic was about 2011 RB's?

Does this sound familiar??  "...and he may not even be the best back on his own team."  Reference, of course, to Heisman winner Mark Ingram with respect to Richardson.  Don't be surprised to hear it again this year when talking about Richardson.

Dyer ran behind the most dominant college football player in 20 years and still cracked the thousand yard mark. Omac ran behind dyer and cam but still eclipsed his yardage.

He also had holes opened for him by one of the best offensive lines I've seen in my 32 years. I'm not saying the kid isn't a phenomenal talent just trying to give the O line it's due and to say we may want to see how the new line looks after spring before saying that Dyer will be the most dominant back in the conference next year.

Hmmm .... I look at it this way. Is there a back I would trade for Dyer? Nope.

:we:

I will also agree with this...

To come up with a 2011 RB list - folks have to look at what kind of experience the SEC Olines will have, IMO.

That's the only reason I can't put Dyer in the top 2-3 right.  A veteran OL paves the way for a back, protects the QB and gives the QB time to make good decisions.

To come up with a 2011 RB list - folks have to look at what kind of experience the SEC Olines will have, IMO.

That's the only reason I can't put Dyer in the top 2-3 right.  A veteran OL paves the way for a back, protects the QB and gives the QB time to make good decisions.

This ^^^

We will have one of the youngest, most inexperienced line in the SEC. 

1.) Lattimore - He is the offense. I think he is the whole package and I think is the obvious number one

2.) Richardson - It pains me to say it but this kid is good. He can do it all. Very solid runner, with good speed and can make plays in passing game

3.) Dyer - When actually allowed to carry the offense he shined. Against Ole Miss, SC, and Oregon he showed what he can do with 20 or more carries

4.) Davis - Easy to be the man when defense dropping 7 in pass coverage. He has talent but need to show he can do it all season and can be the offense when passing game fails

5.) Vick Ballard - VERY underrated. A great SEC back cuz he's not flashy but can move the chains

Looking at potential for 2011....my list

1a) Lattimore

1b) Richardson

2) Dyer

3) Davis

4) Crowell

5) Poole

Indeed ^^^! I can't believe Ridley was listed.

Looking at potential for 2011....my list

1a) Lattimore

1b) Richardson

2) Dyer

3) Davis

4) Crowell

5) Poole

Indeed ^^^! I can't believe Ridley was listed.

I think the OP was listing "his" top list for 2010 and mentioned Ridley - in doing so, his thread title was regarding 2011 RB's.  He refuses to mention Richardson because he doesn't "personally" like him. ;)

I think that our 175 pound Quan Bray should teach our 190 pound Tre Mason how to properly gain yards after contact.

Ummmm.... what exactly is this supposed to mean???

Our guys need to beef up? :dunno:

I think that our 175 pound Quan Bray should teach our 190 pound Tre Mason how to properly gain yards after contact.

Ummmm.... what exactly is this supposed to mean???

Our guys need to beef up? :dunno:

Or maybe they can learn from our 167lb soaking wet omac how to run by everyone for  :tdau:

Archived