My Top SEC RBs for 2011

Chaotic_zx

Feel free to discuss.

My Top SEC RBs for 2010

1) Knile Davis(Ark)- Davis proved to be a great asset to Arkansas during the middle of the season to the end. I see him continuing that trend in the upcoming season. This year Arkansas won't have Mallet to lean on and will be breaking in a new QB. This situation usually leads to more carries for the RB.

2) Micheal Dyer (AU)- Displacing a senior RB at Auburn is a difficult task. Dyer did so while getting stronger as the year got longer. Auburn lost it's leading rusher from last year and that equates to a lot of open carries to be had. Another thing to note is that AU will be starting a new QB which usually leads to more carries.

3) Marcus Lattimore(USCe)- I look for him to build off a great freshman season. USCe tended to lean on him too much as a freshman but the year of conditioning will pay off for him.

4) Tauren Poole(Tenn)- When teams were stacking the box this past year, Poole still found yardage. With Tyler Bray coming of age as a quality SEC QB, look for it to be easier for Poole.

5) Stevan Ridley(LSU)- A solid back that can carry a team if need be. LSU seems intent on passing the ball in the upcoming year but breaking in a new QB usually means more carries for the RB. As the year wears on, look for him to be less of a focal point.

6) Brandon Bolden(Miss)- Another solid back that is the norm for SEC west teams. If Miss can't solve the QB issue then look for Bolden to make a push up these charts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I rank them like this:

1: Lattimore

2: Dyer

3: Richardson

TR will no longer have Mark Ingram as the workhorse, meaning that teams will key on him far more than before. The same can be said of Dyer, but he finished the season with nearly 400 yards more than Richardson.

I put Lattimore at the top because he was THE man at SC last year, and he still came through; I don't think he's better than Dyer, but as it stands right now, I can't put him lower than Michael.

Feel free to discuss.

My Top SEC RBs for 2010

1) Knile Davis(Ark)- Davis proved to be a great asset to Arkansas during the middle of the season to the end. I see him continuing that trend in the upcoming season. This year Arkansas won't have Mallet to lean on and will be breaking in a new QB. This situation usually leads to more carries for the RB.

2) Micheal Dyer (AU)- Displacing a senior RB at Auburn is a difficult task. Dyer did so while getting stronger as the year got longer. Auburn lost it's leading rusher from last year and that equates to a lot of open carries to be had. Another thing to note is that AU will be starting a new QB which usually leads to more carries.

3) Marcus Lattimore(USCe)- I look for him to build off a great freshman season. USCe tended to lean on him too much as a freshman but the year of conditioning will pay off for him.

4) Tauren Poole(Tenn)- When teams were stacking the box this past year, Poole still found yardage. With Tyler Bray coming of age as a quality SEC QB, look for it to be easier for Poole.

5) Stevan Ridley(LSU)- A solid back that can carry a team if need be. LSU seems intent on passing the ball in the upcoming year but breaking in a new QB usually means more carries for the RB. As the year wears on, look for him to be less of a focal point.

6) Brandon Bolden(MSU)- Another solid back that is the norm for SEC west teams. If MSU can't solve the QB issue of this past year then look for Bolden to make a push up these charts.

If Trent Richardson can prove that he can shoulder the load as the primary back for a whole season... I might add him to that list at the end of the year. As for now, I do agree that Knile Davis has to get the nod as the top returning back. He really made Petrinos offense two dimensional last year.

Do agree that Dyer as the second back, and Lattimore following right along.

LaMichael James was considered one of the best backs in the country, and Dyer out played him on the biggest stage of the year.

1. Lattimore

2. Davis

3. Richardson

4. Dyer

Richardson is a beast. Not having him in the top 6 is ridiculous

Richardson is a beast... I do agree, but now he really gets a chance to prove his worth.

He has a chance to be an Elite runningback in college football... If he stays healthy, he will have a chance to earn that status.

Until then he would not crack my top four just yet, but we are talking about right now. When the season starts, that list could change.

I think you have to consider Lattimore 1st. Everyone keyed on him and he really was terrific. IMO, Dyer is not getting enough love on our own site. He really was a big part of our offense in the second half of the season last year. He is hard to bring down. Remember, Dyer was fighting injuries too; if he is 100% healthy I think he will be great. On Richardson, I do not agree that he is a beast. He is good, but I would not call him a beast.

I go with:

1. Lattimore

2. Dyer

3. Richardson

4. Davis

5. Poole

6. O'Mac - Yep. His outside speed can be a difference maker. Once Bo gave him some running tips, we saw a different O'Mac on the field.

Gotta give some love to the men in the trenches.  What teams have the better returning line?  That can elevate a solid back to a breakout back.

Gotta give some love to the men in the trenches.  What teams have the better returning line?  That can elevate a solid back to a breakout back.

I agree. Lattimore was only a Freshman, played behind an average OL at best, and his QB was subpar. That's why i think he's the SEC's best at what he does.

I think you have to consider Lattimore 1st. Everyone keyed on him and he really was terrific. IMO, Dyer is not getting enough love on our own site. He really was a big part of our offense in the second half of the season last year. He is hard to bring down. Remember, Dyer was fighting injuries too; if he is 100% healthy I think he will be great. On Richardson, I do not agree that he is a beast. He is good, but I would not call him a beast.

I go with:

1. Lattimore

2. Dyer

3. Richardson

4. Davis

5. Poole

6. O'Mac - Yep. His outside speed can be a difference maker. Once Bo gave him some running tips, we saw a different O'Mac on the field.

I certainly considered putting Latti first, I considered Dyer as well. I considered Richardson. Poole was a beast last year.

They are all good.

Knile Davis benefited from playing alongside arguably the best passing QB in college football. Teams were so focused on the passing game that he was able to become a threat. He's a good running back, but best in the league? I think not.

As for Richardson being better than Dyer, I just don't understand why so many are saying this. Dyer ran for a few yards shy of Richardson and Eddy Lacy combined. Both were the second leading rusher on their team, so neither was the focal point of the defense, and Dyer also had a higher yards per carry average as well. I mean, this is an Auburn board, and our starting tailback is getting less love than the backup at Bama? Really?

Lattimore has to be ahead of Dyer for the time-being, if just simply for the fact that Lattimore is a pretty good receiving back as well. That being said, I think Dyer finishes his career as the better back.

1. Richardson

2. Dyer

3. Lattimore

4. Davis

5. Everyone else

Hate to say it, but I think Richardson is the best back. If all of these guys played for the same team, I think this is the order that they would play in.

Lattimore has to be ahead of Dyer for the time-being, if just simply for the fact that Lattimore is a pretty good receiving back as well. That being said, I think Dyer finishes his career as the better back.

At this point there's no doubt. Lattimore carried SC on his shoulders; Dyer rode in Cam's wake. I think Dyer will have the more productive college career, but that's more a reflection upon the team he plays for than anything else.

I didn't put Richardson on my list because I don't think much of him. To me his talent is more suited for a full back. So if your wanting me to think the turds are king and everything Holy, then you will be mistaken. Their line is worse and he ran against the easier part of the turd schedule in Ingram's abscence(with a better line than this year). He'll probably end up at the top statistically but it won't change my impression.

Yes Brandon Bolden plays for Ole Miss(my bad).

1a. Dyer

1b. Lattimore

3. Richardson

4. Davis

5. Ridley

Right now it really is just too hard to pick between Dyer and Lattimore. This year will shed some light on that with Dyer getting a bigger share of the load

1. Richardson

2. Dyer

3. Lattimore

4. Davis

5. Everyone else

Hate to say it, but I think Richardson is the best back. If all of these guys played for the same team, I think this is the order that they would play in.

Bleh, I hate to say it, but I agree with this list, except for possibly moving Lattimore up a spot.  Although it really depends on what type of back you're looking for.  I like Richardson for a power running game, probably followed by Dyer, and then Lattimore as the top all-purpose back.

1a. Dyer

1b. Lattimore

3. Richardson

4. Davis

5. Ridley

Right now it really is just too hard to pick between Dyer and Lattimore. This year will shed some light on that with Dyer getting a bigger share of the load

^^^This^^^

Archived