My Top SEC QBs for 2011

Chaotic_zx

I have a feeling that McCarron is in for plenty more of those "reverse low-fives" Saban likes to give him.  McCarron just does not seem comfortable and he makes bad decisions with the football.  AJ has been the heir apparent for a while now, but Saban has been actively recruiting QBs since AJ got there.  He brought in Sims, he went hard after Zach Bootygrabber, and I think they brought in another QB this yr.  Seems like Saban has been looking for plan B for several yrs now.  Here's how I would rank the SEC QBs.

1) Murray UGA  (possibly Wilson from ARK)

2) Mettenberger (LSU)

3) Garcia (seems like he has been there for a decade)

4) Trotter

5) Bray (VOLS)

6) McCarron

I hope our coaches have been recruiting some good qb's as well.  that isn't a sign of not trusting mccarron, it's a sign you need to sign a qb or two with every class. 

1 Murray

2 Wilson

3 Trotter

4 Garcia

5 Brantley

6 McCarron

7 Bray

8 Relf

9 Mettenberger (could be ranked higher, coordinator change)

10 Newton (uk)

11 Smith

12 Stanley

1 Murray

2 Wilson

3 Trotter

4 Garcia

5 Brantley

6 McCarron

7 Bray

8 Relf

9 Mettenberger (could be ranked higher, coordinator change)

10 Newton (uk)

11 Smith

12 Stanley

First of all, the coordinator change won't affect him, he just got there, so he's learning a new system anyways. And two, this coordinator is 10x better than their old one. Their last OC was a moron

My Tiger senses tell me that a QB controversy will brew in turd town. McCarron will start and struggle much to bring it on. The attitudes of the two in the battle will only make it worse.  

Mark it down....... :)

Be careful making such predictions, because it could just as easily happen at Auburn if Barrett struggles.

I hope not....I would really like to redshirt Kiehl. I'm not sure if that is even a real possibility. The kid is going to be great.

My Tiger senses tell me that a QB controversy will brew in turd town. McCarron will start and struggle much to bring it on. The attitudes of the two in the battle will only make it worse.  

You can bet that one QB transfers outta UAT after the next starter is announced-

You can bet that one QB transfers outta UAT after the next starter is announced-

I agree with ely coming in and them looking to sign another qb next year the writing will be on the wall for someone.

A change in coordinators usually can be a minor setback.  There will be new terminology that all the players have to learn.  This effects the entire team.  Is Les going to call the plays or will he let Kragthorpe run his offense?

Les Miles thinks he is the Offensive coordinator.  

There is no reason to think that Kragthorpe will be as productive as Gary Crowton.

There is a lot of talent at LSU, but i'm not sure that they will have a dominant offense next year.

Plus Mettenberger got beat out by Aaron Murray at UGA, we will see how quick he can pick up the system.

A change in coordinators usually can be a minor setback.  There will be new terminology that all the players have to learn.  This effects the entire team.  Is Les going to call the plays or will he let Kragthorpe run his offense?

There is no reason to think that Kragthorpe will be as productive as Gary Crowton.

There is a lot of talent at LSU, but i'm not sure that they will have a dominant offense next year.

Plus Mettenberger got beat out by Aaron Murray at UGA, we will see how quick he can pick up the system.

Miles doesn't usually call the plays. Crowton called all of the plays last year, and he was terrible at it, so Miles intervened some. But Kragthorpe is a good OC, Miles won't control the offense. Kragthorpe will be more productive than Crowton, Crowton was a horrible OC. And Mett did not get beat out by Murray. Had he been allowed to stay in the program, UGA fans claim he would've won the job for sure

Miles doesn't usually call the plays. Crowton called all of the plays last year, and he was terrible at it, so Miles intervened some. But Kragthorpe is a good OC, Miles won't control the offense. Kragthorpe will be more productive than Crowton, Crowton was a horrible OC. And Mett did not get beat out by Murray. Had he been allowed to stay in the program, UGA fans claim he would've won the job for sure

I still believe Jefferson will hold on to the starting job... but only time will tell. A lot can happen and we all know that.

Archived