DeAngelo Benton

54autiger

Blake, Benton, and Carr will be the top WRs this year.  Sprinkle in LUTZIES.  But LUTZIES can't be an every down reception.  Why?  His role works best when the defense forgets about him.

Don't forget, Benton sat out a year before coming to AU....he missed a lot of football.  Almost like having 2 redshirt seasons....with out the benefit of coaching.  He is at the do or die stage of his career.  I for one hopes he rewrites the record books....and I am pulling for him!!!!

I think benton plays out of necessity if for nothing else.  He is the only guy that would fit as a possession receiver that adams was the last two years.  Unless coates, denson, or uzomah come in a light it up blocking and receiving benton will start.  Otherwise we would have carr, reed, blake, and stallworth.  Those are all good wrs but we would look much more like a houston than we would auburn.  All those guys at about 6 feet or below and none over 200lbs.  That does not lend to being the best as far as blocking for the run game which it has been made clear as being important in who plays at wr for auburn.

Can you say Darvin Adams and Deanglo Benton in the same breathe? You better get used it my fellow Auburn fearsome Tiger fans. He will start holding onto the ball better than Liquid Nails on plywood! Good things will happen to this team in 2011. We will enjoy 2011 so much, in that the rest of SEC will hang their heads low and give honor to the Mecca of college football.....Auburn Tigers

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

Archived