hey, Stat, if it's not too much trouble....

DyeCampAlum

I may be asking too much here, but I wonder.  After, say, the Clemson game, how often did we blitz on third down?  And what's the percentage with Fairley in and with Fairley out?

Here's my theory.  I really like that Coach Roof will send the dogs from time to time, even when we're protecting a lead.  In 2011 you just can't let QBs get into a comfy space and find their rhythm.  Thinking that, it struck me that maybe we blitz more when we're struggling to get to the QB with just four -- and maybe it was harder to do with #90 getting some air.

Just curious.

I may be asking too much here, but I wonder.  After, say, the Clemson game, how often did we blitz on third down?  And what's the percentage with Fairley in and with Fairley out?

Here's my theory.  I really like that Coach Roof will send the dogs from time to time, even when we're protecting a lead.  In 2011 you just can't let QBs get into a comfy space and find their rhythm.  Thinking that, it struck me that maybe we blitz more when we're struggling to get to the QB with just four -- and maybe it was harder to do with #90 getting some air.

Just curious.

Good question...I know at the NCG it seemed like we blitzed almost every play.  Then again, it might have seemed that way with #90 running WILD in their backfield!  Dunno!

I noticed since the Iron Bowl we was sending Bates and Bell off the edge quite a few times.

Yeah, and little Greggy got up groggy!

Archived