ALL THINGS Cyrus...

For what its worth, here is my opinion.  Based on what i read, CK's parents are first generation immigrants.  They also live in Maryland which has a much more diverse  college sports scene than we have here.  Hockey, Soccer, Lacrosse all have large followings in that area (I lived in Rockville, Md. for 10 years)  Immigrants are MUCH more family oriented than even we are.  I work with immigrants every day.

I'm sure his parents were all for CK taking visits to anywhere he wanted to go but in the back of their mind he would pick family (his brother's companionship) over anywhere else.  CK visits Auburn and is struck by how "family" oriented Auburn is and is comfortable there.  His brother evidently while maybe liking Alabama doesn't have the same feelings about the Capstone.  CK wanting to be his own man chooses Auburn.

His parents don't get it because there are plenty of sports their son can play but he is going to somewhere that is the archrival to his brother.  It seems against family to them.  They don't see playing college football as that big a deal and say whoa!  The fact that it has taken this long is promising for Auburn.  That means iMHO that CK is VERY serious about coming to Auburn.  The parents see this as a HUGE move in their family having their two sons not be together when they have the chance to be together.  Hopefully they will or have come to see it not as splitting their sons up or dishonoring the family or being disrespectful to his brother, but as each making a choice which is LIFE CHANGING.  Its a big deal to us; I doubt that college football is that big a deal to them.  

That's just my take on it.  Your mileage may vary!

Good Way of looking at the situation

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are waaaaayyyyyy overanalyzing this thing.  This has nothing to do with CK, his family, or courses of study.  This is all about the mods at AE wanting to maximize the number of hits on their website.  It's a ploy to keep us in suspense and checking in every 30 seconds for as long as they can.   ;D

Equally good way of looking at the situation  ;)

You guys are waaaaayyyyyy overanalyzing this thing.  This has nothing to do with CK, his family, or courses of study.  This is all about the mods at AE wanting to maximize the number of hits on their website.  It's a ploy to keep us in suspense and checking in every 30 seconds for as long as they can.   ;D

They've done a pretty good job. There really hasn't been any change since NSD and yet this thread still keeps going. I figured you guys would be worn out by now. Here's to making this thread even longer....  :we:

I really hope this young will sign with Auburn, as do millions of Auburn fans out there. I just have a hard time trying to figure out why athletes cannot make a decision on LOI day or whatever we want to call it. Recruits have had years to figure out where they want to go, well in advance of LOI day. I know that they have up to April 1st or whatever the exact date is, to sign with a school. I really believe National signing day should be the day last day for a recruit to sign with a school. I think that the current system in place is very counter-productive and only adds to the confusion of an already highly stressful system. I believe that within 72 hours of LOI, no coach or official representative of a school can contact the recruit. This is just my opinion, and know that this will never happen. It is something to think about.

WDE!

Doc

I really hope this young will sign with Auburn, as do millions of Auburn fans out there. I just have a hard time trying to figure out why athletes cannot make a decision on LOI day or whatever we want to call it. Recruits have had years to figure out where they want to go, well in advance of LOI day. I know that they have up to April 1st or whatever the exact date is, to sign with a school. I really believe National signing day should be the day last day for a recruit to sign with a school. I think that the current system in place is very counter-productive and only adds to the confusion of an already highly stressful system. I believe that within 72 hours of LOI, no coach or official representative of a school can contact the recruit. This is just my opinion, and know that this will never happen. It is something to think about.

WDE!

Doc

As it has been stated earlier, it's either

1) he wasn't honestly thinking of Auburn until the visit and it really grabbed a hold of him

or

2) he has been with us all along and is trying to convince his parents that it's the right place.

If you're on a 3yr plan, which even his father suggested, then you don't want to go to bama where your success means your brother's 3yr plan is undermined. Or vice versa. With bama's depth, Big C could sit out a year or back up and threatens the viability of the 3yr plan. In this assessment, the 3yr plan for both brothers is paramount to the college attended--arch rivals or not. Grimes is a great OL coach and we are sending a couple quality OL into the NFL this year. Under this line of thinking AU is a pretty clear choice.

I would say the pros and cons favor Auburn but bama's O Linemen that have made nice jumps to the NFL also. The fact is Auburn and bama are 2 of the most consistent schools in the nation for putting quality linemen the the pros.

Well.....it is working!

WDE!

Doc

Auburn did not get in on CK til kinda late in the process and it has completely shocked the whole family the impact Auburn made on CK. So they are just trying to get their bearings on the situation.

WDE!

Doc

Auburn did not get in on CK til kinda late in the process and it has completely shocked the whole family the impact Auburn made on CK. So they are just trying to get their bearings on the situation.

^ probably what's going on. If family is big to them, then they will definitely understand this:

all_in_SLOT.jpg

As I stated before, Cyrus' parents PREFER him to go to UAT, but Cyrus is trying to talk his parents into why he wants Auburn, and wants their approval. Since Auburn has never been a serious contender before a few weeks ago, his parents want to know why he chose Auburn, and want to make sure he maks the right decision for himself. Again, I didn't say that his parents are making him go to UAT, they want whatever is best for him. At the same time, they would PREFER him to go to UAT because they know everyone and everything about them better than they do at Auburn...

This is just my opinion:  Following the way the coaches told Roberson thanks but no thanks when he was not fully committed to Auburn I think that Cyrus seriously wants to come to Auburn.  It seems to me that if not on Thursday they would have pulled the offer after talking to him 2 times.  I trust this coaching staff and I go back to the words of Gene Hackman in Hoosiers "THIS IS YOUR TEAM".  I hope Cyrus does come to Auburn but regardless this is one hell of a recruiting class, and unlike a lot of people I really look for Kiehl Frazier to start in the fall.  Can anyone tell me what happened to Donte Aycock? 

As I stated before, Cyrus' parents PREFER him to go to UAT, but Cyrus is trying to talk his parents into why he wants Auburn, and wants their approval. Since Auburn has never been a serious contender before a few weeks ago, his parents want to know why he chose Auburn, and want to make sure he maks the right decision for himself. Again, I didn't say that his parents are making him go to UAT, they want whatever is best for him. At the same time, they would PREFER him to go to UAT because they know everyone and everything about them better than they do at Auburn...

Arie definitely wants him at Bama.  I keep getting FB News that his Bro is tagging Cyrus in photos of Arie in Alabama gear haha.

and NO, I have not posted anything on Cyrus FB, I only added him to see how crazy these people were getting haha.

This is just my opinion:  Following the way the coaches told Roberson thanks but no thanks when he was not fully committed to Auburn I think that Cyrus seriously wants to come to Auburn.  It seems to me that if not on Thursday they would have pulled the offer after talking to him 2 times.  I trust this coaching staff and I go back to the words of Gene Hackman in Hoosiers "THIS IS YOUR TEAM".  I hope Cyrus does come to Auburn but regardless this is one hell of a recruiting class, and unlike a lot of people I really look for Kiehl Frazier to start in the fall.   Can anyone tell me what happened to Donte Aycock?   

We do not know what happened or need to know what happened but I think it was a lot more to it than Roberson not being fully committed so they are 2 different situations IMO.

I am curious what the plan is for the scholorship?  I notcied the Terrance Coleman has not signed anywhere, as well as 1-2 3 Star RB.  Not saying that we want to just offer a scolly but Coleman was an original AU Commit.  Thoughts?

I don't think we would sign anyone else.  It's not like we have spots to burn.  Signing another player now means signing one less player next year.

Give it to a senior walkon. That way we don't waste it, and it opens a scholly for next year, since our recruiting numbers are gonna start getting tight

This most likely

This is just my opinion:  Following the way the coaches told Roberson thanks but no thanks when he was not fully committed to Auburn I think that Cyrus seriously wants to come to Auburn.  It seems to me that if not on Thursday they would have pulled the offer after talking to him 2 times.  I trust this coaching staff and I go back to the words of Gene Hackman in Hoosiers "THIS IS YOUR TEAM".  I hope Cyrus does come to Auburn but regardless this is one hell of a recruiting class, and unlike a lot of people I really look for Kiehl Frazier to start in the fall.   Can anyone tell me what happened to Donte Aycock?   

We do not know what happened or need to know what happened but I think it was a lot more to it than Roberson not being fully committed so they are 2 different situations IMO.

You are correct ellitor.  It was a very good decision to cut the ties.  The coaches really couldn't afford to go forward with MR, these coaches have incredible character, so when people say "trust the coaches" we really should.

Archived