ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as I said earlier today, I EXPECTED to hear something from Cyrus today, but that was a no go. I was told that Cyrus is firm with Auburn, but he wants to have his parents approval. His family still wants what is best for Cyrus, but apparently his family would feel more comfortable with Cyrus at Alabama since they know the coaches and environment better than they do Auburn. It also helps that they always wanted Arie and Cyrus to play and go to college together. Anyways, I'm sorry about getting people's hopes up, and as everyone knows, we will know something by the latest Monday. However, my source has told me he still expects to see Cyrus sign with Auburn. War Eagle!

Well, as I said earlier today, I EXPECTED to hear something from Cyrus today, but that was a no go. I was told that Cyrus is firm with Auburn, but he wants to have his parents approval. His family still wants what is best for Cyrus, but apparently his family would feel more comfortable with Cyrus at Alabama since they know the coaches and environment better than they do Auburn. It also helps that they always wanted Arie and Cyrus to play and go to college together. Anyways, I'm sorry about getting people's hopes up, and as everyone knows, we will know something by the latest Monday. However, my source has told me he still expects to see Cyrus sign with Auburn. War Eagle!

As a parent, although not of a college age kid, I cannot imagine a situation that my child would go through a process like this and I would not back their decision. At least not back it based on where there sibling is and I already know the coaches, etc. I am not saying I would not have concerns, but what solid grounds would I have to object if I hadn't even attended a visit with them.

I think waiting til Monday favors Auburn in alot of ways, if the parents had put their foot down and made the decision for him he would of signed with Bama already. I think the weekend gives them time to research Auburn on their own timetable and once they become comfortable with it Cyrus will sign.

We have already signed the #1 class in my mind. So, if signs, well then it will be "proven" then that, that is the case. Whatever. I hope Kujo signs because I really think that is what he wants to do.

I think waiting til Monday favors Auburn in alot of ways, if the parents had put their foot down and made the decision for him he would of signed with Bama already. I think the weekend gives them time to research Auburn on their own timetable and once they become comfortable with it Cyrus will sign.

^^^^^^^THIS times 1000

The guy is a top five player, the best OL in the nation. We should want the crap out of him! Everyone saying that you will be fine if he goes elsewhere, you're right, we should never melt down if a kid goes somewhere else, but GEEZ people the dude IS THE BEST OL IN THE COUNTRY. Stop acting like it doesn't matter if he comes here! Too many people are on here trying to soften the blow for if we fail by acting like they don't care. The guy is not icing on the cake, he is a class changer, and I think old scum ball has it right, losing him to Bama would be a big blow when it comes to who is wearing the pants in the state. And YES, before you say it, we have proven that on the field already, but we also proved it on the field 6 times before Saban yanked the entire state out of Tub's hands. Recruiting is where it starts, the field is where it ends, and we need to win both.

We are, Auburn. We recruit the best in the nation, and we want us some freakin Cyrus Kouandjio!

^^^^^^^THIS times 1000

You two may be on the right track and mindest ;)

AUSWEN:

The guy is a top five player, the best OL in the nation. We should want the crap out of him! Everyone saying that you will be fine if he goes elsewhere, you're right, we should never melt down if a kid goes somewhere else, but GEEZ people the dude IS THE BEST OL IN THE COUNTRY. Stop acting like it doesn't matter if he comes here! Too many people are on here trying to soften the blow for if we fail by acting like they don't care. The guy is not icing on the cake, he is a class changer, and I think old scum ball has it right, losing him to Bama would be a big blow when it comes to who is wearing the pants in the state. And YES, before you say it, we have proven that on the field already, but we also proved it on the field 6 times before Saban yanked the entire state out of Tub's hands. Recruiting is where it starts, the field is where it ends, and we need to win both.

We are, Auburn. We recruit the best in the nation, and we want us some freakin Cyrus Kouandjio!

Yes sir! This is without a doubt the best post in this entire thread! Well said.

I see that Finebaum quote 1 of 2 ways..

Whoever ends up with Cyrus will probably have the more highly regarded class (from a national perspective)

Also, Cyrus is a big, big boy.. Around 325.. He's prolly gonna tip most scales.. lol

^^^^^^^THIS times 1000

Yes, but there is also more time for his family to try and convince him to go to Bama :'(  But ultimately, I think it's a good thing as well hahaha

^^^^^^^THIS times 1000

Yes, but there is also more time for his family to try and convince him to go to Bama :'(  But ultimately, I think it's a good thing as well hahaha

Trust me TigerWalk, from what I have been told, Cyrus will sign with the good guys!

I just think if he wasn't strongly leaning toward Auburn, he would of flipped already. I have no evidence to back this up, I just know it would have been easier for him to choose Alabama, Alabama has been leading for this kid since sometime before last year before his brother signed and something has kept him from committing there. He doesn't want to go to Bama....does that mean we get him...who knows but it's kinda like the AU/Ala game this year i have a strange calm about it.

I completely agree. SWEN, this is brilliant and I see it totally your way and I'm tired of people saying I'm panicking just because I'd like to get the number one offensive lineman in the country. Yes, Auburn has a great class already. However, what is wrong with wanting it to be even greater?

^^^^^^^THIS times 1000

As I said a couple pages back, his parents are not strongly pushing Cyrus to Bama as some report and most people believe. They just want to look at the situation from all angles. They do not know Auburn because they never took auburn as a serious contender til he picked AU on Wednesday. So now they are taking a deep look at Auburn and trying to get comfortable with Auburn for Cyrus's sake.

ellitor, you've been on here all day. Don't you and I ever sleep. Maybe we think we might miss some news on Ck.  :banghead:

I am not always here. AE is my home page and I never close my internet browser. So it appears I am here even when I am not.  :)

I spoke to a friend of mine who used to be a missionary in West Africa and we were talking about the CK issue.  He told me the culture there is a young man does not go against his father's wishes.  He thought was that if the dad said it's uat, it's uat.

I spoke to a friend of mine who used to be a missionary in West Africa and we were talking about the CK issue.  He told me the culture there is a young man does not go against his father's wishes.  He thought was that if the dad said it's uat, it's uat.

I think that fact alone is what is making this decision so difficult for him. I/we can only hope that the father tells him to follow his heart as well and to make his own decision.

Archived