ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

other sources feel, contrary to popular belief, that his parents are not strongly pushing Cyrus to bama as some have reported and most believed. They just seem to want to evaluate every part of Cyrus's college future. They (sources) also feel Auburn is still in a great position to get Cyrus....Just thought I would pass that along so we can all enjoy our weekend and not worry about it til monday.

ST SAID DECIDING, NOT ANNOUNCING.  READ IT AGAIN.

just FYI. He said reports of announcing on the Auburn Eagle facebook page.

Thanks ellitor, I didn't look on facebook.  I was just trying to stop everyone from melting down from "woe is us, he will have an anouncement which means he is going to turdville."

Well maybe you will like my most recent post better.  :)

Geez, some of yall look WAY too far into things...

:laugh: ^^^This

Yes. We are trying to be detectives. Maybe we should get Sherlock Holms or The Batman on the case.

I have read it both ways.

Deciding, announcing, committing, reporting, calling, yelling, sign languaging, earth shattering, mind boggling..... All I can promise is he will be ingggggggggggggggggg soon.

this has gotten so insane and ridiculous that I wouldnt be a bit  surprised to see Vegas taking bets on where this young man goes. Heck who knows the way this story is growing legs,  it may be a bigger story nationwide than the Super Bowl. cant wait to see what all the "news" is tomorrow .*sarcasm*

This guy very well could be a franchise Marcus McNeil type tackle.....personally I don't care how long it takes, I just want him in O&B.  Because this is my first post and I love this thing.....:party:

This guy very well could be a franchise Marcus McNeil type tackle.....personally I don't care how long it takes, I just want him in O&B.  Because this is my first post and I love this thing.....:party:

How do you feel about this one? :bananadance:

Where ever he goes good luck to him. He is the biggest athlete I have seen in a long time! He has really quick feet & hands for a big man. Again good luck CK!

I know that this is currently the "quiet period" and coaches can only speak to CK on campus, but does the rule apply to other AU commitments or their parents.  I know he became friends with Westerman, Dismukes and O'Reilly at the Under Armour game.  Are they allowed to contact him during this period?

He's allowed to speak to a current UAT player (Arie) so it seems only fair that he should be able to speak to friends enrolled at AU.

Either way, this is true...

Quoting Paul Finebomb today..."this one recruit will tip the scales."

I totally disagree.  Our offensive line class is awesome either way and our recruiting class is awesome either way.  I'm sure they like they're class too, either way.  He's really, really good, I'm sure, but he is just one man. 

I totally disagree.  Our offensive line class is awesome either way and our recruiting class is awesome either way.  I'm sure they like they're class too, either way.  He's really, really good, I'm sure, but he is just one man. 

one man, but the size of two.

I think the comparison is for recruiting: if Auburn get's Cyrus, then all of the recruiting websites will have us in the top 3; without him, it's "only" a consensus top 5 class. :laugh:

I was looking at the rivals team rankings list and scrolling down to the low teens and high 20s thinking about how I remember when our recruiting lists looked like that, and how we had to bank on the coaches finding diamonds in the rough. For example, I remember when we signed Harry Adams. I admit, I thought he was going to be an outstanding find: he had the size and speed to be an amazing receiver. Problem was that his speed never really translated to the football field. Now, Sammie Coates is not the raw athlete with no experience that Adams was; he just suffers from being a big fish in a little pond, with no other fish in the area to truly challenge him.

However, as much as I have even more faith in Sammie's potential than I did Adams (whose classmate and namesake, Darvin [no relation], turned into the star receiver of the group), we don't have to depend on a group full of potential diamonds in the rough. We still have just as many diamonds in the rough, it's just that the rest of the class is full of stars rather than filler players. THAT is what separates this coaching staff: from top to bottom, every player we signed has real potential to make an impact in college. That's why it's rated so high, with or without Kouandjio. I couldn't care less about the rating, to be honest, it's just that the rating happens to confirm what I already knew.

one man, but the size of two.

:bow:

So why did we cut bait with Roberson when he reportedly started playing games with us and did not want to give a firm committment? CK stated he had doubts as soon as he "just mumbled and Auburn came out"(his words) at his announcement. I strongly disagree that there is any integrity involved in continuing to look like the girl that was asked to the prom who then finds out her date has asked 3 other girls and we're waiting by the phone hoping we get the call. All that makes you look is desperate. I'd rather find another date. It's just an opinion.

AGREE!

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours". Wherever he decides to go will be considered the "highest bidder" no matter what has actaully gone into the decision making process. IMHO no player is worth being played the way everyone involved is being played right now. I understand this is a big decision for this young man but we did well enough with OL that want to be Auburn Men this year that we don't need to fawn over someone that is obviously struggling mightily to make a decision. There will be other great OL next year that won't think twice about being an Auburn Tiger. FWIW.

Not really.  What if CK really wants to come here and the coaches slam the door in his face?  Easier on the programs, easier on the "face of it," easier on the family perhaps.  But what about him?  If we cut off this option then we're no better than the others trying to play him - perhaps even worse.  This is one on one - us and him - and we do not betray that trust!  We made our offer - we gave our word.  Embrace integrity.  We get him, we don't - whatever.  But we do it with integrity.  Absolutely.  Always.  End of rant.  Sorry if too strong.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

I believe Auburn has , if not the best, one of the best OL classes of any. CK will make it that much more amazing. I hope he just makes the right decision. If AU great, if someone else, ok too ,  :wareagle:if its the right decision.

Totally agree.

I believe Auburn has , if not the best, one of the best OL classes of any. CK will make it that much more amazing. I hope he just makes the right decision. If AU great, if someone else, ok too ,  :wareagle:if its the right decision.

Actually...here's the point.

We used to NEVER get these kind of guys. They used to go to the Bama's, the Ohio States, the Floridas, Texases, USCws of the world. Now we're in the hunt for guys who not only are ALL IN but are ALL OVER those defenders.

Before, CK would have been a Bama lock. But now that we have a coaching staff and fan base that believe that Auburn can be the best team in the country regardless of the team on paper, we can start building a dynasty that will be in the title talks for a while.

Getting CK would show who's in control in the state of Alabama, REGARDLESS of trickery or lowdownedness. And the best thing is, it's all HIS decision.

:wareagle:

Well say! :wareagle:

Totally agree.

Actually...here's the point.

We used to NEVER get these kind of guys. They used to go to the Bama's, the Ohio States, the Floridas, Texases, USCws of the world. Now we're in the hunt for guys who not only are ALL IN but are ALL OVER those defenders.

Before, CK would have been a Bama lock. But now that we have a coaching staff and fan base that believe that Auburn can be the best team in the country regardless of the team on paper, we can start building a dynasty that will be in the title talks for a while.

Getting CK would show who's in control in the state of Alabama, REGARDLESS of trickery or lowdownedness. And the best thing is, it's all HIS decision.

:wareagle:

I have read it both ways.

Deciding, announcing, committing, reporting, calling, yelling, sign languaging, earth shattering, mind boggling..... All I can promise is he will be ingggggggggggggggggg soon.

I get it - silent "g," right?   :laugh:

Archived