ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST did not use the word "announce" - he said that CK is "set to decide" on Monday.

If there is another announcement, it will NOT be good for AU.  That being said, I have not given up yet.  Stick to your guns, CK!

War Eagle!

ST said he is announcing...

I think that there is a difference between "announcing his decision", which is what ST said, and "setting up an announcement". I mean, it's going to be pretty hard to move forward on all of this if he never announces a decision.

ST said he is announcing...

You can say a lot with a simple fax.

im with u, i dont like the fact that he is 'announcing'. to me that would imply a change since he has already 'announced' for us...Plz just hit the fax button

I have a bad feeling deep in the pit of my tummy that he is going to UA. UA has a reporter sitting in Maryland trying to get to talk with any of the family or the coach. He was on Fbomb today. Do we have anyone up there ?

You know what they say, nobody has more confidence in bammer than an Auburn fan.

That is signature quote worthy!  Kudos :laugh:

It is so true!  :laugh:

AGREE!

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours". Wherever he decides to go will be considered the "highest bidder" no matter what has actaully gone into the decision making process. IMHO no player is worth being played the way everyone involved is being played right now. I understand this is a big decision for this young man but we did well enough with OL that want to be Auburn Men this year that we don't need to fawn over someone that is obviously struggling mightily to make a decision. There will be other great OL next year that won't think twice about being an Auburn Tiger. FWIW.

Not really.  What if CK really wants to come here and the coaches slam the door in his face?  Easier on the programs, easier on the "face of it," easier on the family perhaps.  But what about him?  If we cut off this option then we're no better than the others trying to play him - perhaps even worse.  This is one on one - us and him - and we do not betray that trust!  We made our offer - we gave our word.  Embrace integrity.  We get him, we don't - whatever.  But we do it with integrity.  Absolutely.  Always.  End of rant.  Sorry if too strong.

There will not be an announcement.  His HS coach says that he'll tell the coaches and send his LOI privately.  (Hopefully not to scantily dressed women guarding a fax machine.)

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours". Wherever he decides to go will be considered the "highest bidder" no matter what has actaully gone into the decision making process. IMHO no player is worth being played the way everyone involved is being played right now. I understand this is a big decision for this young man but we did well enough with OL that want to be Auburn Men this year that we don't need to fawn over someone that is obviously struggling mightily to make a decision. There will be other great OL next year that won't think twice about being an Auburn Tiger. FWIW.

Don't play poker much.....If you want highest caliber guys they are worth waiting on....Kid is playing nobody just making a hard decision....Think at how long he and his family thought he would be going to Bama, coming to Auburn is new to him and his family we can give him a weekend to firm up this decision

ST SAID DECIDING, NOT ANNOUNCING.  READ IT AGAIN.

He said announcing on twitter

AuburnEagle Auburn Eagle

Reports from several outlets are saying OL Cyrus Kouandjio will announce his final decision on Monday, February... http://fb.me/BswiJYpP

But I don't think he meant it as having a big formal announcement in front of a bunch of reporters.  He is probably just going to send in his LOI and call to the coaches.

I have a bad feeling deep in the pit of my tummy that he is going to UA. UA has a reporter sitting in Maryland trying to get to talk with any of the family or the coach. He was on Fbomb today. Do we have anyone up there ?

Thayer Evans.... :dunno:

Has anyone "in the know" hinted that Cyrus and his parents might quietly fly to Auburn the weekend to see first hand what it is about Auburn that has turned their son's head in such a short period of time?

Has anyone "in the know" hinted that Cyrus and his parents might quietly fly to Auburn the weekend to see first hand what it is about Auburn that has turned their son's head in such a short period of time?

Yes,  see JS a few pages back.

Nicky would mess his pants. Wouldn't that be so wonderful.

I am way over this kid.  I hope he comes to Auburn if not so be it.

negativity never gets you anywhere....

patience - we are only talking about Monday - not three or four weeks from now. What is the harm in him waiting until Monday? (as long as he picks AU :))

:we:

Shhhhhhh

Archived