ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Kouandjio family is going to discuss it this weekend. Everything still looks good for Auburn.

Hey, Jonesy what kind of confidence levvel would you put on him coming to Auburn? I know everthing is fluid right now, I think we just have remember we have a great class no matter what Cyrus decides.

It doesn't matter our religious affiliation or our political leaning or anything else about ourselves as individuals - we all want what is best for AU (in all areas of the school - not just athletics) - because we love it! We all want Cyrus to come and play for AU because (in our belief) it will make him a better person to move forward in life. It's not about championships - it's about making us better human being and that is what makes Auburn student-athletes winners!

BM of Auburn247 is reporting his announcement date... Or that is the teaser to the article.

Nevermind, just read the page before on the thread...

I for one do care where CK end up.  We are just need to be patience and give him time. It's a big decision.  If he signs with us let there be no doubt.  He must be ALL IN.

Tdtiger, I had the hardest time trying to interpret you post.. But anyway, all the way back to Monday? Didn't he say he wanted the decision today so he wouldn't have to worry about it over the weekend. He'll just keep on pushing it back and back and back.

It doesn't matter our religious affiliation or our political leaning or anything else about ourselves as individuals - we all want what is best for AU (in all areas of the school - not just athletics) - because we love it! We all want Cyrus to come and play for AU because (in our belief) it will make him a better person to move forward in life. It's not about championships - it's about making us better human being and that is what makes Auburn student-athletes winners!

Am I missing something here? Who said something about religion or politics?

Because we were originally told it would be a call then fax behind the scenes.. If he's having a 2nd announcement I don't feel good about it anymore. Just like Calloway.. U don't have a second announcement to announce for the team u just announced to again.

Because we were originally told it would be a call then fax behind the scenes.. If he's having a 2nd announcement I don't feel good about it anymore. Just like Calloway.. U don't have a second announcement to announce for the team u just announced to again.

Where are you getting the idea that he is setting up an announcement?

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours". Wherever he decides to go will be considered the "highest bidder" no matter what has actaully gone into the decision making process. IMHO no player is worth being played the way everyone involved is being played right now. I understand this is a big decision for this young man but we did well enough with OL that want to be Auburn Men this year that we don't need to fawn over someone that is obviously struggling mightily to make a decision. There will be other great OL next year that won't think twice about being an Auburn Tiger. FWIW.

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours".

FWIW, IMO, this is the worst idea I have ever heard.  No offense.

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours". Wherever he decides to go will be considered the "highest bidder" no matter what has actaully gone into the decision making process. IMHO no player is worth being played the way everyone involved is being played right now. I understand this is a big decision for this young man but we did well enough with OL that want to be Auburn Men this year that we don't need to fawn over someone that is obviously struggling mightily to make a decision. There will be other great OL next year that won't think twice about being an Auburn Tiger. FWIW.

What the heck are you talking about "highest bidder"?  I think you have a totally different view of this whole situation as most.

I think the longer this goes on, the more time his family has to talk him into going to Bama...

I agree with this. I don't think holding this over to Monday is good for AU at all. I hope I am wrong.

At this point I am fine with our coaching staff telling CK "Thanks but we've decided to move on. We wish you the best in your future endeavours".

FWIW, IMO, this is the worst idea I have ever heard.  No offense.

Some people just seem to always predict the worst possible outcome for Auburn, and the best possible outcome for bammer.

:dunno::banghead: :banghead:

Not really.  What if CK really wants to come here and the coaches slam the door in his face?  Easier on the programs, easier on the "face of it," easier on the family perhaps.  But what about him?  If we cut off this option then we're no better than the others trying to play him - perhaps even worse.  This is one on one - us and him - and we do not betray that trust!  We made our offer - we gave our word.  Embrace integrity.  We get him, we don't - whatever.  But we do it with integrity.  Absolutely.  Always.  End of rant.  Sorry if too strong.

Archived