ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Okay people you're getting a little too freaky religious - I don't think God cares if he plays at AU or Bama or someplace else.

My prayers for him are not that he attends a certain school but for God to give him strength with everyone pulling him in different directions.  My prayers are for him to follow his heart because that is where he truly wants to be.  He needs to do what is best for Cyrus...not his brother, not his mom and dad and definitely not the fans on either side....but for him.

Now, with my orange and blue glasses on I definitely think AU is the best choice for him.  I spent 4 years of my life there ('85-'89) and I truly love the place.  His parents would too if they visit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the possibility on locking this thread like the mods did on the Calloway thread? Seems like the same type of hysteria is spreading.  We get updates on the post pinned on the home page.  Just a thought.

Someone will just start a new one.....

Okay people you're getting a little too freaky religious - I don't think God cares if he plays at AU or Bama or someplace else.

I'm definitely not trying to be argumentative or start a holy war here, but if the Bible states that God "numbers the hairs of our heads" and notices when "a leaf falls to the ground" (and it does), I think too, that God does care about everything in our lives, including where we go to school. Not for purposes such as playing time or who wins football games, but it would seem to indicate that God does care about the choices we make. But He cares for reasons different than our own, for His own glory.

Same here. It's just football.

What's the possibility on locking this thread like the mods did on the Calloway thread? Seems like the same type of hysteria is spreading.  We get updates on the post pinned on the home page.  Just a thought.

This one is nowhere near where the BC thread was going.  I'm not sure why everybody just wants to keep posting the same stuff over and over, but as long as it stays civil we will leave it open.  I will suggest that the religious talk STOP NOW.  That subject always sends a thread down the wrong road.  

I'm definitely not trying to be argumentative or start a holy war here, but if the Bible states that God "numbers the hairs of our heads" and notices when "a leaf falls to the ground" (and it does), I think too, that God does care about everything in our lives, including where we go to school. Not for purposes such as playing time or who wins football games, but it would seem to indicate that God does care about the choices we make. But He cares for reasons different than our own, for His own glory.

Perhaps, but for the sake of preventing this thread from becoming thoroughly derailed, it'd probably be best to ere on the side of secularism.  

Perhaps, but for the sake of preventing this thread from becoming thoroughly derailed, it'd probably be best to ere on the side of secularism.  

Yeah, man, I totally agree. I wouldn't have said anything at all and never would have brought anything like that up, but when I see a statement that is fundamentally off about anything, I feel a need to try and address it in a friendly way. No disrespect meant to anyone - I don't come to these message boards to read about God, but I'm certainly not offended when He is brought up. No harm meant.

Have a nice day.

Saw on Twitter, CK's coach at DeMatha says Cyrus is not ready to make a decision this weekend.

Mods,

Is it possible to start a seperate thread with just news such as this that doesn't include everyone's thoughts and commentary on the news? It would be helpful for those who don't want to dig through 55 pages of threads looking for actual news rather than prognotications, prayers, and other commentary. In other words, a thread with only news links and Mod commentary. Not saying this thread would need to be deleted, it would just be easier for those of us who don't want to dig through 55 pages of commentary, of which about 5% is real news/updates.

Thoughts?  

Saw on Twitter, CK's coach at DeMatha says Cyrus is not ready to make a decision this weekend.

Mods,

Is it possible to start a seperate thread with just news such as this that doesn't include everyone's thoughts and commentary on the news? It would be helpful for those who don't want to dig through 55 pages of threads looking for actual news rather than prognotications, prayers, and other commentary. In other words, a thread with only news links and Mod commentary. Not saying this thread would need to be deleted, it would just be easier for those of us who don't want to dig through 55 pages of commentary, of which about 5% is real news/updates.

Thoughts?  

^^^^^^^This would be nice^^^^^^^^^^^

Mods,

Thoughts?  

^^^^^^^This would be nice^^^^^^^^^^^

There is already a pinned thread with just news...

Mods,

Thoughts?  

Considering the supply of actual news in no way meets the demand for it, it would be hard to imagine that any such thread would not quickly become similarly derailed.  If you're looking for pure unadulterated news, then just follow ST's locked and pinned thread at the top.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2011/02/cyrus_kouandjio_will_choose_be.html

I haven't read through the last 10 pages or so... I apologize if this is already posted, but Recruiting Insider - Cyrus Kouandjio: Will choose between Auburn and Alabama by Monday.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2011/02/cyrus_kouandjio_will_choose_be.html

CK: "It's so clutch right now, it's really down to me," he said. "Everybody just be pointing their finger down to me. I can't go to anybody and be like, 'Hey, can you tell me differently where I should go?' Everybody just backed off, got their foot out and said, 'Cyrus, you're on your own.'"

Guest shirley4au9

Personally I am sick of hearing about this. If the kid winds up at Auburn, great. If he goes to the dark side I hope he gets everything that will be coming to him over there. Auburn had an outstanding year signing young men who WANT to be here and that is all I care about.

I want this to be over, I don't care anymore! I'm sure the coaches want him and I would be happy if he came, but enough already!

Archived