ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Arie possibly visiting home today doesn't necessarily mean they won't still make it down here.  It is possibly for them to still make it this weekend or even at a later date.  Earlier, I hinted at the fact that it's a good possibility that they visit and there still is a good possibility, guys.  I didn't say it would for sure happen but there's still a good chance it will.

Why would Arie fly to Maryland from Alabama, just to turn around and fly back?

I think we are trying to over analyze every single little thing. Let's just sit back and let things play out.

I'm simply passing along info that I know to be true.  Take it or leave it, guys.

I was on your side J-S. It was more to the poster that was questioning you.

Oh, I know.  I was more or less making a general statement.  Ya'll just need to sit back and let it play out for sure.  I'm still hearing very positive stuff.

You're not hearing it from Mike Farrell at rivals -- he just said on JOX that he thinks Cyrus ends up at bama.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely not hearing anything from Farrell.  You're right about that.  He's proven himself to be clueless on many occasions.  Btw, I don't believe Arie will be making a trip home this weekend unless something changes.

I have been hopeful that CK signs with AU up until this afternoon.  In my opinion, Arie making a weekend visit to Maryland is NOT a good sign for AU.  I hope that I am wrong.

around4ever:

I understand them not knowing all of the recruiting ropes although they went through it last year.  But Coach McGregor should have strongly encouraged the parents to join him on his Official Visit last weekend.

I honestly think it was one of those situations where nobody coaches, family members, even CK himself thought Auburn was a major player at that time. I think the just sent him thinking it was just a visit just to visit, but he was still bammer bound with big brother. Then CK got to AU and loved it and made him want to be there. Along with the other OLinemen that were coming with this class that already had a bond with CK.

You are correct, IMO.  When CK was at the UA All Star Game he became friends with Dismukes, Westerman and O'Reilly.  Then the coaches started giving him alot of attention at home.  I think the parents thought he was making the visit for the coaches and his new friends.  He may not have known himself that it would affect him the way it did.  

Yeah, people don't understand what Auburn is until they come to the Plains. It's just different. It makes you want to be a part of it.

But then, that's not something I have to explain to those here. :wareagle:

Arie possibly visiting home today doesn't necessarily mean they won't still make it down here.  It is possibly for them to still make it this weekend or even at a later date.  Earlier, I hinted at the fact that it's a good possibility that they visit and there still is a good possibility, guys.  I didn't say it would for sure happen but there's still a good chance it will.

I wonder who paid for this round-trip flight? I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

I think we are trying to over analyze every single little thing. Let's just sit back and let things play out.

I'm simply passing along info that I know to be true.  Take it or leave it, guys.

Oh, I know.  I was more or less making a general statement.  Ya'll just need to sit back and let it play out for sure.  I'm still hearing very positive stuff.

You're not hearing it from Mike Farrell at rivals -- he just said on JOX that he thinks Cyrus ends up at bama.

Yeah, but I think that was the family pressure.  There is no doubt it my mind that Cyrus wants to go to Auburn or else he would have already signed to Alabama, because his entire family wants him at Alabama.

The next shake of his magic ball will tell him to eat fish for dinner.  Clueless.  Allllsoooo, for those who can't wait to hear something else positive: protons.

Guest War Eagle 29

Personally I am sick of hearing about this. If the kid winds up at Auburn, great. If he goes to the dark side I hope he gets everything that will be coming to him over there. Auburn had an outstanding year signing young men who WANT to be here and that is all I care about.

Arie flying back home =  Arie get your butt home and talk some sense to your brother Cyrus.  Bottomline, if anyone should be flying it should be the parents visiting Auburn this weekend.  At least make an attempt and learn about the university, football program, coaches, top notch architecture program, etc.  "Before making an informed decision/opinion one should have all the info infront of them".

I agree 100%.

In the spirit of full disclosure, Farrell did not base his opinion of CK to bama on any particular bit of information -- just a gut feeling.

Being a rivals guy he probably assumes bama gets any guy they want  :rolleyes:

The longer this drags out, the better for us. We know mom dad and brother want him at bammer, but it appears he to be resisting that. If he was leaning bammer, his family would have convinced him to go there by now.

The longer this drags out, the better for us. We know mom dad and brother want him at bammer, but it appears he to be resisting that. If he was leaning bammer, his family would have convinced him to go there by now.

I agree with this.  I also hope that Farrell reporting on JOX that he thinks CK goes to bama gets them all excited, then they're just that much more disappointed when he sends his letter in to Auburn.

I just hope he walks his own line and follows his heart instead of making a decision that he will regret just to make his family happy. Calloway is a good example of that. I still hate that Brent is going to a school that he really has no desire to attend. It's sad.

Maybe we can just get that kid from Mississippi's mom to forge CK's sig and fax in his LOI.  Just make sure she knows which school he's chosen.  LOL!!!

It has to be a difficult thing for CK to deal with.  His father tells him that it is HIS decision to make.  He makes that decision and now it's not up to just him anymore.  I feel for the young man. 

Okay people you're getting a little too freaky religious - I don't think God cares if he plays at AU or Bama or someplace else.

I agree actually.  And I'm the one who posted one of the more direct prayer/'religious" posts.  I believe God cares for him as a person and I am praying as such.  It's got to be so hard on him.  Hope that was clear.  

I saw his parent's interview on scout, see

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1045274.html

and I believe they have his best interest at heart and I respect what they said and the way they seem to be handling it.

I hope he comes to AU, but I will support him either way.

I am not quite as sure about the way the BC situation was handled.

Can you imagine the response of a child who really wanted to go somewhere else if his parents pushed him another way and something bad happened there. It will always be the parents' fault.

What's the possibility on locking this thread like the mods did on the Calloway thread? Seems like the same type of hysteria is spreading.  We get updates on the post pinned on the home page.  Just a thought.

Archived