ALL THINGS Cyrus...

I am holding out hope, but the way this whole situation has blown up I'm sure his family is discussing how

the rest of Aries college life will be a living @#%@ if he signs with AU. Bammers are brutal and rabid. I feel

like he wants to play ball on the plains for this staff (thats why this decision is dragging) but it would be

tough on the brother. Turdville= path of least resistance. Kid is between rock and hard place. I do believe

had he committed a week or so before his brother could have made it easier though. I hope he dones the

orange and blue and bammers lay off brother though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST or any mods in the loop: do you know if the dialogue between CK and our staff has continued today, or has he gone sinker presumably to figure this out with his family and without any external input??

I am holding out hope, but the way this whole situation has blown up I'm sure his family is discussing how

the rest of Aries college life will be a living @#%@ if he signs with AU. Bammers are brutal and rabid. I feel

like he wants to play ball on the plains for this staff (thats why this decision is dragging) but it would be

tough on the brother. Turdville= path of least resistance. Kid is between rock and hard place. I do believe

had he committed a week or so before his brother could have made it easier though. I hope he dones the

Eric and Petey Smith seem to be handling it pretty well.  I don't think it will put undue pressure on Arie if Ck signs with us.  As a matter of fact, it may put more pressure on him if CK signs with UAT.  Being the older brother and apparently not as highly thought of on the field it would be tough having little superstar brother there. 

Tweet from JNewbergESPN was that he talked w/ CK's coach and nothing new to report.

It's outside the box and probably a stretch, but to an extent I agree with your assessment and wonder if part of this is the family trying to figure out what the possiblities for Arie outside TTown would be if CK signs with Auburn.

Eric and Petey Smith seem to be handling it pretty well.  

The biggest difference here is little brother went to bammer and AU fans said danggit and wished him good luck. Bammers on the other hand are complete idiots with their entitlement mentality and may likely make Arie's life miserable.

No doubt they can handle it. After seeing CK on video, the you man obviously has intelligence. I have no doubt that his entire family is the same. that is the main reason I believe he signs with AU.

One left tackle spot on each team. Does he want to take his brothers spot or even worse get beat out by his brother. If he comes to AU, they both can flourish with different teams.

I don't think Arie is going to have an issue. He is a bammer and that's the way they will see it. They will try to make CK's life he!! blasting him on FB and on his trips with Auburn to Jordan-Hare West. See Cam Newton just a different situation.

Has anybody heard the rumours that Arie is flying home? Or that Cyrus' family are visiting this weekend? If it has been cleared up I apologise.

This board is getting to where it needs to start banning some posters who can't seem to stay within the guidelines.

We don't want this one to become like all the others out there.

Arie could always leave the turds and transfer to Auburn. Yea he will have to sit a year, but it's better than staying there with that bunch of loosers.

Arie could always leave the turds and transfer to Auburn. Yea he will have to sit a year, but it's better than staying there with that bunch of loosers.

Typically stipulations are included and I doubt Alabama would approve if Arie was headed to Auburn. Mostly likely they would require him to leave the SEC to allow him to transfer.

Eric and Petey Smith seem to be handling it pretty well.  

The biggest difference here is little brother went to bammer and AU fans said danggit and wished him good luck. Bammers on the other hand are complete idiots with their entitlement mentality and may likely make Arie's life miserable.

That's exactly what I was thinking -- you don't need to worry for your safety if you're the 2nd in your family and choose bama.  Just like the entitlement argument from earlier, they expect that once they get one person from a family, they get all of them unless Auburn is cheating.

Logan...your signature is a seizure waiting to happen.  :o

Is it still showing the kids dancing? On my screen, it says "Bandwidth Exceeded". :(

Typically stipulations are included and I doubt Alabama would approve if Arie was headed to Auburn. Mostly likely they would require him to leave the SEC to allow him to transfer.

He can do what ever he wants if he sits out a year.  Won't happen though.

Eric and Petey Smith seem to be handling it pretty well.  I don't think it will put undue pressure on Arie if Ck signs with us.  As a matter of fact, it may put more pressure on him if CK signs with UAT.  Being the older brother and apparently not as highly thought of on the field it would be tough having little superstar brother there. 

That's my thinking.  There will be an initial uproar if Cyrus comes to AU, but it will be quickly forgotten as the crimson horde's attention moves on to the next thing. 

In reality, just like us, many Bama fans just want Cyrus to make the choice that's best for him.  Believe it or not.

Logan...your signature is a seizure waiting to happen.  :o

Is it still showing the kids dancing? On my screen, it says "Bandwidth Exceeded". :(

It's always shown Bandwidth Exceeded for me.  But with the flashing lights on the edge haha.

He can do what ever he wants if he sits out a year.  Won't happen though.

I thought it was two years if he transferred to another school in the SEC (or SEC West).  I agree, there's no reason for him to transfer at this point.  He's just a RS freshman and, if Saban thinks he'll help them win, he'll play despite what his brother does.

Call me crazy, but after all of this has gotten so ugly between us and bammers, and with the conflict he may feel he will cause his brother is he signs with us, I wouldnt be shocked to see him sign with one of the other schools. I know Im just a woman and what do  I know.. not much, just an observation .

Arie possibly visiting home today doesn't necessarily mean they won't still make it down here.  It is possibly for them to still make it this weekend or even at a later date.  Earlier, I hinted at the fact that it's a good possibility that they visit and there still is a good possibility, guys.  I didn't say it would for sure happen but there's still a good chance it will.

Archived