ALL THINGS Cyrus...

ok, now I am not one to focus or care about what bammers have to say but I thought everyone could use a good laugh this morning.  This is what someone seriously posted on alabama's rivals message board...

"i would be asking some tough questions about what went on at aubarn, maybe even getting some bloodwork done,to see if someone slipped something in his drink while he was at the chameleon niteclub..."

seriously dude?

bammer paranoia and elitism is the root of their downfall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it taking this long bodes well for us.  I really do.  If he really didn't like Auburn or if his doubt about it was even 60/40, I think he would have given in to his family already and have sent his LOI to Bama to join his brother.  Seems like he is fighting for us to stay in it and that is good in my mind.

AndrewJBone Tweets

The chances of Cyrus making a decision today are slim. He may decide but it is not looking that way per @kristenkenney

If true, I like it. This will give his family time to come to Auburn and see why it is such a special place.

I was told this article was indeed written by Mike, Cyrus's OLDER brother. He sounds like a very nice guy thats tired of all the garbage being said about his family and only wants whats best for his brother and his future. Too bad more families dont want to get involved in their kids lives , not to tell them what to do, but to be a support system for them to have to talk things out with . Too many kids nowdays dont have anyone they can talk to,and then there's others that want to relive their childhoods through their kids. I admire this family and dont think anyone should talk bad of them. This is NOT the Calloway case. I wish Cyrus the best no matter where he goes to school.

Just don't buy it - whether it is Mike or Arie, it just doesn't make sense for them to weigh in on this highly combustable situation in such a public forum. I could be wrong, but for now, I think it is just another "ploy" like the facebook incident.....I see the family "hunkered down" and insulating themselves until Cyrus reaches a decision, not posting on Bama websites. Just my impressions....

:we:

Sorry, I'm out of touch a little.  what is this "facebook incident" everyone is talking about?  Does it involve Cyrus, or is this about that kid from Mississippi?

A bammer (probably) created a facebook account with the name Cryus Kouandjio and was accepted as a friend of Cyrus.  He then posted on Cyrus' facebook wall that he had made a decision and that he was signing with Auburn.  It started a long line of replies from all sorts of people. It was then removed by Cyrus. 

Thank you.  I, for one, am going to petition the state of alabama to enact "Bammer Season".  This would be just like deer or turkey season, and you would be allowed to shoot bammers.  There would be a bow and rifle season.  You know, just to thin the heard.

War Eagle!

I think that it taking this long bodes well for us.  I really do.  If he really didn't like Auburn or if his doubt about it was even 60/40, I think he would have given in to his family already and have sent his LOI to Bama to join his brother.  Seems like he is fighting for us to stay in it and that is good in my mind.

I can not see a player ever reaching his potential if he is somewhere he doesn't want to be.  I'm hoping he makes his own choice, but I have a lot of weird feelings about this, not really bad feelings, but feelings there may not be total loyalty wherever he goes.  The family (and he) has a three year plan.  That plan is the main objective.  I want CK at AU for my three year plan

The Q here is all about AU. He and his fam know more about bama, and his bro is there. If it were my kid, I'd say road trip and get away from all this and go to the Plains and try to test the feelings/perspectives Cyrus has. Can't hurt. Then make a decision.

Although ironically, I say that but I enrolled at AU without ever stepping foot on campus...and it worked out pretty well...haha.

AndrewJBone Tweets

The chances of Cyrus making a decision today are slim. He may decide but it is not looking that way per @kristenkenney

If true, I like it. This will give his family time to come to Auburn and see why it is such a special place.

I hope this is the reason for the delay.  I have no doubt that if CK gets his parents on campus going to Auburn will be a no-brainer.  I also agree with the notion that the longer this takes the better this is for Auburn.  At first I thought the opposite, but his family knows what there is to know about uat.  All of the delays, I would think, are because the family is learning more about Auburn, and the case for Auburn is getting stronger.

The Q here is all about AU. He and his fam know more about bama, and his bro is there. If it were my kid, I'd say road trip and get away from all this and go to the Plains and try to test the feelings/perspectives Cyrus has. Can't hurt. Then make a decision.

Although ironically, I say that but I enrolled at AU without ever stepping foot on campus...and it worked out pretty well...haha.

Yeah man same here. I applied and enrolled at Auburn without ever really visiting. Already knew where I wanted to go.

You make good sense. I don't know anything about not stepping on campus before attending, though; some of my earliest, and fondest, memories were etched into my head while within the holy cathedral that is Jordan-Hare Stadium (sorry, watching Rudy...lol).

You make good sense. I don't know anything about not stepping on campus before attending, though; some of my earliest, and fondest, memories were etched into my head while within the holy cathedral that is Jordan-Hare Stadium (sorry, watching Rudy...lol).

I like the idea of them going to AU this w/e to visit.  That way they can hand deliver the LOI to the coaches.

The parents say that they don't know much about Auburn's coaching stuff.  Maybe now is a good time for them to find out for themselves.

Maybe so.   :cool:

For some reason, I really like this nice, simple and to-the-point post.  ;D

The parents say that they don't know much about Auburn's coaching stuff.  Maybe now is a good time for them to find out for themselves.

Did CGC or any of the other coaches make an in-home visit with CK?

No one has said that his parents are coming. I think it is what we all wish they would do. Them not coming makes it easier for them to keep saying bammer I`m afraid. I hope their minds aren`t that closed and they don`t really seem to be that way. We will be OK at the end of the day because we are Auburn but having him makes the sun shine brighter(one of these days anyway).

Kristen Kenney is on her way to DeMatha to try to get a video interview of Cyrus. I really wish people would just leave him alone and give him some space.

No one forces these players to put themselves in the spotlight and make their school choice a media event on ESPN and other outlets.

Kristen Kenney is on her way to DeMatha to try to get a video interview of Cyrus. I really wish people would just leave him alone and give him some space.

No one forces these players to put themselves in the spotlight and make their school choice a media event on ESPN and other outlets.

Exactly. 

No one has said that his parents are coming. I think it is what we all wish they would do. Them not coming makes it easier for them to keep saying bammer I`m afraid. I hope their minds aren`t that closed and they don`t really seem to be that way. We will be OK at the end of the day because we are Auburn but having him makes the sun shine brighter(one of these days anyway).

No one has "said" it, but this may be a hint \/ \/ \/

Yes. Coach Chizik and Coach Grimes ( I think) made a home visit a couple of weeks ago.

Multiple AU coaches have done in-home visits with the CK family. The statements about "not knowing" them have to be comparisons with the spuat staff where Arie has played for a number of months. The family is just not going to "know" the AU coaches in the same way until they and CK get on campus. That line of discussion gives me some real doubts about this whole process.

Now, all the mods are saying things look good for AU, so I'm gonna roll with that until/unless we see contrary results.

WDE

Some of you need to learn to read between the lines a little better.

Look at what ST and JS are saying.  It is what makes the most sense.  Hopefully they will visit the loveliest village this weekend.

I said take a visit with the parents, not only because the parents will get more familiar with the campus, but so Cyrus can validate his feelings. He strikes me as a unique recruit. He talked about following his feelings and he spoke specifically in spiritual terms (not necessarily religious, because I don't know his affiliation or beliefs) and the "energy" of Auburn. He spoke about being comfortable in that "energy". This is not the way a typical 17yr talks, and quite frankly, to speak this way in public is a strong reflection of his character and confidence. I advise students a bit older than him a lot and I would NEVER deny a young person's spiritual path--however defined by them. I would embrace that as a critical part of the decision making process. I suspect he is doing that, and because of his apparent confidence in himself to rely on those "feelings", I have always thought he'd end up at AU. Still do.

You know, our moderators do a fanastic job with being fairly accurate as to where recuits will sign with us or not. When it comes down to it, I will believe what they say about this 99% of the time. I know some folks enjoy speculating about where these young men will wind up signing, but the vast majority of them will wind up signing with us based on the information our moderators give us.

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe:

Archived