ROBERSON

Guest jthaub

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Beach just tweeted this: "Circumstances with Roberson have caused AU not to accept him. When I made my last tweet the situation had not made the rounds. Apologies"

See ya!

Getting less confusing now.  The only person I know that is saying Roberson is still possible is Jonesy

I think it could work out where we take Roberson but it's looking less likely by the minute.

This looks really good for Whitehead now, though.

Which option would you take:

A) the 6'0 183 lb **** that's begging for a spot at your school...said player also competes in high jump and triple jump and runs a 4.45

--OR--

B) the 6'0" 180 lb **** that's playing "musical schools"

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have Roberson, but if it's an either or, I'll take option A.

:believe:

For anyone that is interested, the newest rumor floating around:

------

Auburn coaches brought in Whitehead because they were certain Marcus Roberson was going to Florida. Whitehead committed to Auburn on his trip. Marcus Roberson announced Monday to Auburn but the coaches wouldn't accept it.

------

It sounds too similar to the Kris Frost situation for it to be legit, but I'll get working on it.

The problem with this rumor is J Lee said he confirmed with both Roberson and the coaching staff yesterday that this commitment happened and both parties confirmed it.  So, either Lee was flat out lying and didn't confirm Roberson's commitment with our coaching staff or something else happened.

Getting less confusing now.  The only person I know that is saying Roberson is still possible is Jonesy

I think it could work out where we take Roberson but it's looking less likely by the minute.

Agreed.  Feel good about Whitehead.  Chances of Roberson signing with AU are not zero, but they are pretty darn close.

Mr Beach just tweeted this: "Circumstances with Roberson have caused AU not to accept him. When I made my last tweet the situation had not made the rounds. Apologies"

:o

I have absolutely no inside sources and this is pure speculation on my part but it sounds like MR was playing games with the staff, they moved on to a backup plan JW (pretty darned good backup plan) and now the coaches are honoring the commitment they made by moving on to JW.

I believe our coaches have a handle on this and will do what is best for the team, if in fact they dropped MR and not the other way around.  :wareagle:

I really hope we can find a way to take him.  I like him a little more than Whitehead.  Jonesy is this more of a Roberson wavering about his commitment at the last second or Roberson wanting to come to AU after we had already moved on?

Look at the bright side guys. At least we have a BACKUP PLAN. What would have happened if Roberson signed with Florida tomorrow and Whitehead to Ole Miss?

Coaches played this one well.

Removed

What if MR was still looking around??  I trust the coaches decision on recruiting.  They just won a NC after their second year and you are going to question their recruiting ability??

I just recall at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how we were going to have the greatest DB class of all time and now there are all these rumors of recruits not coming through for one reason or another. Doesn't seem like all that great of a class if neither Roberson nor Florence sign.

For anyone that is interested, the newest rumor floating around:

------

Auburn coaches brought in Whitehead because they were certain Marcus Roberson was going to Florida. Whitehead committed to Auburn on his trip. Marcus Roberson announced Monday to Auburn but the coaches wouldn't accept it.

------

It sounds too similar to the Kris Frost situation for it to be legit, but I'll get working on it.

The problem with this rumor is J Lee said he confirmed with both Roberson and the coaching staff yesterday that this commitment happened and both parties confirmed it.  So, either Lee was flat out lying and didn't confirm Roberson's commitment with our coaching staff or something else happened.

Word is that Roberson was wavering as early as yesterday afternoon and the coaches decided not to take him at that point. Roberson may have actually spoken to all the parties involved and the wishy washiness happened later.

Refrain from calling any recruits derogatory names.

I just recall at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how we were going to have the greatest DB class of all time and now there are all these rumors of recruits not coming through for one reason or another. Doesn't seem like all that great of a class if neither Roberson nor Florence sign.

Who said anything about Florence not signing?

wde

LOL you guys need some medication. There is nothing you can do about it. My new approach to all things Auburn is to sit back and enjoy the ride and hope we do well. If we don't win or pick the wrong DB recruit we will still play football on Saturdays and give me a reason to drink Maker's Mark.

Everyone chill. Welcome to big time recruiting. We'll be fine. Trust the coaches

No kidding.  Let all this play out without all the doom and gloom.  It's like people instantly forget the great class of guys we ARE getting.

Archived