ROBERSON

Guest jthaub

maybe thats why USC just lost one of their commitments this morning...to make some room???

No, he's going to Florida.  A compromise school between him and his parents once Auburn told him to hit the road and they were done playing games.

^^^Likely scenario^^^ but USCw isn't out of it

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true, guys.  Look for Auburn to make a big push for Whitehead now, if it hasn't already been done.

How can they do that? Since it is a quiet period I thought JW has to call the coaches first?

Coaches can still make phone calls and send e-mails during a dead period.  The only activities that are prohibited are in-person contacts on and off campus and coaches going off-campus for evaluation purposes.  

It sucks, because I believe MR is the most college ready corner with the highest potential in this years class and we really need corners.  However, you have to trust the judgement of the coaches.

maybe thats why USC just lost one of their commitments this morning...to make some room???

No, he's going to Florida.  A compromise school between him and his parents once Auburn told him to hit the road and they were done playing games.

^^^Likely scenario^^^ but USCw isn't out of it

USCw doesnt have a single S or CB on their list though... i dont know if thats a need for them, but needs take priority

If it is true then the coaches may be trying to assert themselves as not the type to play games no matter how big the recruit is. Just to let future recruits know. With the commits they already have and their backup options, they can afford to do it now.

He seems schizophrenic. Like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

"We wantssss to go to Auburrrrrn, my precioussss."

"Nooo, must go to Florida or USSSSC..."

"Whyyyy preciousss?"

"Because....

WE WANTS IT!"

Jamie Newberg espn says we haven't dropped him

Interesting has been confirmed by many includin Jeff Lee at Rivals and J-S here, plus many close to the program

Newberg just tweeted...Was just told that Auburn has NOT dropped Marcus Roberson.

I am so confused.

JN i wrong.  Not even sure MR calling the coaches and pleading for a spot would do it at this point.  Too late in the game.

Also on topic from our very own Mr. Beach....

AUQBDad Robin Beach

To the AU Family: Do NOT believe the rumors floating about AU not accepting Marcus Robersons commitment. No truth to that AT ALL.

I don't think this is over yet...

Doesnt usc have like 30 commits when they can only have like 10 ha kiffin is such a douche

USC's commitment reduction does not start til the 2012 class.

Hope he is All In..if not, I'm cool with moving on.  Wishy-Washy won't last with the talent we're bringing in at DB.

WDE

Sounds like the Cam Newton crap that was floating around...bet there was a "source" saying this like when someone posing as Ian Fitzsimmons put up a twitter and said, "Cam Newton will be suspended soon by the NCAA."

This is a frustrating situation that won't be resolved today. I don't really want to go into detail.

As of right now, the coaches are still open to having Marcus a part of this class but are preparing another strategy with our remaining options.

Do not write him off yet. As of right now I expect him to remain a part of this class.

ST just changed Whitehead to 75% and rising!

Though he did not change the statement about none of the current commits signing elsewhere....

However, if MR is now NOT a current commit  :dunno:

(I did get the ST tweet about MR being out)

Archived